cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barePro Lip from bareMinerals - Petal

Rachie
Nailing It

I was one of the lucky winners to test the NEW barePRO Lip from bareMinerals in the shade Petal and give you beauty lovers my opinion.

So here it is... Firstly I thought I would give you an hour by hour update as it states it has up to 8 hours wear... unfortunately after 4 hours all I had was what looked like a lip liner. (Which I hadn’t applied)The first time I tried this I did put on a lip balm before and this may have caused it to not last as long.3A41DEB9-2C45-4F74-9CC3-E7C0356E4D59.jpeg

You can see here that at 2 hour wear there wasn’t much left. 

I then tried it without lip balm and it lasted a little longer on the outside of the lips but not in the middle where it touched my glass when drinking. So for this reason I wouldn’t say it is waterproof and the lipstick transferred to the glass too. 

But like all lipsticks there is no harm in reapplying! 

I then did another trial using a lip primer to see if it would last any longer but this made no difference. 228163E6-93E2-4638-BCC9-BA146997908C.jpeg

Moving onto the application of the lipstick. It felt nice and smooth, it is quite moist at first and drys matte. I love the colour. When I applied it I thought it was quite close to my natural lip colour but when it dried matte it had more of a pinky tone.

I liked that at the end of the day when removed my lips did feel nourished.

Next time I am in store I will be checking out the shade blackberry! It looks amazing! 

My top tip for making lipstick last longer would be to use a lip liner and colour in your whole lip before applying the lipstick.

Overall I would recommend the barePro lip to friends but would highlight that it doesn’t live up to some of the statements it claims. 

I hope this review will help all you beauty lovers 😘

8 REPLIES 8

Re: barePro Lip from bareMinerals - Petal

Pineapple
Multimasker

I'm in love with the colour Heart, it seems to suit everyone so well that's posted photos so far.

Thank you so much for doing the hour by hour comparison, I was really curious about this! It seems to wear pretty similar if not slightly longer than bareMinerals - 'Gen Nude®' Radiant Lipsticks but with a much better coverage. xx

Reallylovespie
Nailing It

Love this review, very informative!

Also, the shade looks amazing on you!

Reallylovespie
Nailing It

Shame it doesn't last though Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for a brilliant review @Rachie! 🌟

I agree with @Pineapple - I really like the texture of the Gen Nude range from Bare Minerals! The colours Heaven and XOX are really similar to this x

Rachie
Nailing It

@Reallylovespie 

Thank you 😊 

Rachie
Nailing It

@EllenL 

Thank you for the opportunity to review! I love trying out new products.

Rachie
Nailing It

@Pineapple 

You’re welcome, I just wished it lasted longer than the 2 hours. I’m glad it has helped you compare it to the Gen Nude lipsticks. X

SilviaP
Perfectly Primed

@Rachie  the color really suits you