cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

YSL Libre Review ๐Ÿ‚

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Thank you to @TazK & @EllenL for the wonderful opportunity to test this fragrance.

Libre Eau De Parfum - Yves Saint Laurent is the perfect Autumn fragrance๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚

Starting with the Bottle itโ€™s super stylish, Looks expensive and feels expensive.

When this fragrance has finished am I keeping the bottle? Yes! This is staying on my dresser forever! Maybe one day I will be able to afford a matching bag ๐Ÿคฃ3315F479-1BB5-4C72-96DE-6C4E6E3918D2.jpeg

Moving on to the fragrance, When initially sprayed I get,

Opening notes of orange blossom & lavender leading to a floral scent not a overwhelming floral which I prefer, then settling on my skin as a vanilla, musky scent which is bordering masculinity for me. 

I really like the dry down I get from this fragrance.

I donโ€™t even know if this is a thing but for some reason when I wear this fragrance it just reminds me of gold? I donโ€™t even know if gold smells of anything but I now believe I smell of gold ๐Ÿ˜‚

93B75D3F-ED3B-4927-B91E-E276DB0DB64B.jpeg

Ysl are known to do some beautiful fragrances before Libre came a long I was always a massive fan of the Black Opium the coffee & vanilla vibes are definitely worth checking out. 

7B498CBE-86B9-408D-8EF9-B92E8F90B166.jpeg

What fragrance am I currently using?

I tend to switch up my fragrances               depending on the seasons as we are in autumn I usually wear heavier fragrances. My ones to go recently have been Mademoiselle Rochas Couture Eau De Parfum - Rochas & Flowerbomb Pre Wrapped Eau De Parfum 100Ml - Viktor Rolf 

Have you tried a YSL fragrance before?

Yes being one of my favourites Black Opium its perfect for those who love Coffee scents.

What do you love about YSL Libre?

Everything but I must admit the bottle does more for me than the actual fragrance itโ€™s just so pleasing on the eye.

Would you wear this for daytime or night time?

Iโ€™d like to say night but being a mummy I donโ€™t get many of them out. So I will be wearing more in the day but Iโ€™d say itโ€™s more of a evening fragrance to me.

Would you recommend it to a friend?

100% yes! If for some reason you did dislike this fragrance fear not because  YSL have a fragrance for everyone.

As always I will list the Plus & Negative points of this fragrance.

Plus

Negative

1. The quality and the finish of the bottle.

1. Price itโ€™s fairly expensive with 30ml at ยฃ56.

2. Ease of samples available of this fragrance.

2. The fragrance can come across as generic for example a lot of people have noted it smells like Alien.

3. The scent is long lasting.

3. It can become overpowering less is more with this fragrance.

As I touched upon earlier I canโ€™t stress enough if you dislike this fragrance then please do try Black Opium.

Overall my verdict of this fragrance is very positive. Iโ€™m a fan of the scent for me, itโ€™s bold and makes me feel more confident.

Itโ€™s Perfume Guru approved โœ…

**Just to add the reviews of this fragrance, out of 1716 verified reviews there are only 20 1* reviews for a new fragrance Iโ€™d say thatโ€™s pretty impressive ๐Ÿ‘

Fragrance is one of the hardest things to review because we canโ€™t just say here have a smell, I also feel fragrance is a very personal thing and you should wear whatever you are comfortable with. My advice if you like a fragrance wear it! There should be no boundaries.

Price for 30ml is ยฃ56

50ml is ยฃ78

90ml is ยฃ100

44 REPLIES 44

Re: YSL Libre Review ๐Ÿ‚

Julia
Beauty Icon

@SophieG1  Beautiful review from Perfume Guru โค I've had a few samples of this and fell in love , will definitely purchase soon ๐Ÿ˜

TH130199
Glitterati

Yay the perfume guru is back! Loved reading your review, and you have taken some amazing autumnal pics! It was helpful having a summary of the positives and negatives at the end too. Thanks for your review and congrats on getting chosen! @SophieG1 

Rabia
Beauty Icon

@SophieG1  many congratulations again on getting the opportunity ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธโค๏ธ And what a lovely review ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ You made me fall In love with Libre more ๐Ÿ˜ I wish itโ€™s not that expensive I would have orderEd it straight away ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ But hopefully Black Friday or Christmas time will buy with a good deal with it ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

Congratulations again โค๏ธโค๏ธ

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@Julia  They have been very generous with the samples of this fragrance. 

Iโ€™ve just seen they have a gift set out as well ๐Ÿ˜

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@TH130199  Thank you โค๏ธ I love this time of year with the colours changing and fragrances changing.  

I do like to add them as I find itโ€™s things I always think about before buying ๐Ÿ˜‚ mainly is it expensive ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@Rabia  Thank you lovely ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก Iโ€™ve just seen they have gift sets available so maybe wait until the next discount and buy the gift set. 

JennnCore
Beauty Icon

@SophieG1 Love the review! You always make them so enjoyable to read! ๐Ÿ–ค

Also, I absolutely flipping love your photos! You've got serious photography skills!

Shafaqshehzad
Beauty Icon

What a beautiful review dear @SophieG1 !!!

loved every word of it and the photography is perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ 

im a sucker for good photos and yeah you did great ๐Ÿ‘ 

im impressed!

loved the way you described this fragrance!

i wish I could describe one like you ๐Ÿ˜ข I have a review pending !!

brilliant!!

congratulations once again for finally being chosen for what you love ๐Ÿ’• 

stay blessed fragrance guru โค๏ธ

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Love your review @SophieG1 ! Amazing photo xxx