cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of bareMinerals BarePro Longwear Lipstick

Sweet_caragh
Getting Lippy

Hi Smiley Happy I was lucky enough to be selected to review a new bareMinerals lipstick (their new BarePro longwear lipstick in shade Petal).

Before I start, I am not a big lipstick wearer, more a gloss girl as I don’t like the feel of heavy lipsticks on me and am always conscious of leaving lipstick marks on cups/bottles/my sandwich and having to re-apply as they don’t always last.

I was very excited to try this product as it claims to be lightweight, comfortable to wear and transfer proof with up to 8 hrs of wear...so lets start.

I applied this when I get to work and took the 1st picture about 8.35 before I had breakfast. I lined my lips and applied the bareMinerals lipstick. It went on easily, gave pretty good coverage and felt really nice on my lips. Very light – you could almost forget you are wearing any lipstick.

It has a matte finish (which I am actually not a fan of) but it didn’t dry my lips out and sat nicely on my lips.

It didn’t completely survive my bowl of cereal unfortunately. Most of the colour on the outer part of my lips stayed, but some had started to come away.

I removed it and re-applied at 9.40ish (2nd picture) and this time when I lined my lips, I filled them in with the liner as well to see if this helped.

The lipstick looked ok come 12.45 when I went for lunch, however by the end of my lunch was almost all gone.pic 3.jpg12.43ishpic 1.jpg08.35ishpic 2.jpg09.47ish

1. What do you love about the lipstick and why? – I liked the formula – light weight and applied well.
  2. What was the staying power like? – This was fine when drinking water/tea, but didn’t hold up so well when it came to food.
  3. What’s your top tip for making lipstick last? – fill in your lips with liner to give a good base, blot after the 1st coat of lipstick and then apply a 2nd coat.
  4. Would you recommend this to a friend, and why? – if you are a matte fan then I think this would be a good choice. It feels really nice on the lips, not drying and
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Review of bareMinerals BarePro Longwear Lipstick

te06071
Nailing It

Wow I love your thorough review, well done! The colour suits you so well x

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

Thanks @Sweet_caragh for the detailed review. It looks very natural on you but like yourself I'm not keen on matt lip products. I would have ended up putting a clear gloss over it!

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I was lucky enough to be selected too but I haven't received mine yet.  @Sweet_caragh  

Personally I am a fan of mattes.  I don't have many pink lipsticks as I'm not a big pink fan as I feel they don't suit me, so it'll be interesting to see what I think of it!  It does look like a very natural colour that might suit all though?  

Thanks for for your review, it's interesting to read what others think of it!  

Ashli
Beauty Icon

@Sweet_caragh Lovely detailed review. I'm a fan of matte finishes and don't have lot of nude pinkish lipsticks so I will have to definately try it out however I agree, it is quite natural so would apply lipgloss over it and set it so it would stay nicely 

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

Great review, the colour suits you so well! x

Sweet_caragh
Getting Lippy

@sfbeautyxo thank you. I don't think I suit this colour, however thank you for your lovely compliment.

@Ashli it is a nice colour. Just not for me. I feel washed out wearing it. And yes a gloss may make it look nicer.

@DJMcCumiskey good luck with your sample. I quite liked doing the review Smiley Happy

xx

nogravityleft
All Eyes on Me

Ooooh, I'm really liking this shade, have to look into this... 🤔

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Lovely review, and lovely colour! It's good to hear it's not drying, it's hard to find a matte lipstick like this.

I know what you mean with feeling washed out, it happens to me with light colours, I think this suits you really well though Heart!

Sweet_caragh
Getting Lippy

Thank you @te06071 for the compliment.

@nogravityleft it is a nice colour - just  not quite me.  If it had a bit more pink/deeper colour, I think I would have liked it better

@Pineapple thank you. It does feel nice on, nice and light and in the 3hrs between reapplying and lunch, it never once felt it was drying. Just comfortable.