cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review: Urban Decay Naked Reloaded <3

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

First off thank you to the lovely @TazK  and @EllenL for picking me as one of the lucky 100 to review the new Naked Reloaded palette. I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay and was over the moon to be given this chance! (I still am to be honest!)

Naked Reloaded.jpgNaked Reloaded

I love the new size, it's sleeker than the rest of the current Naked palettes and I find this awesome, I like my palettes as compact as possible. Compared to it my Naked 2 is a bulky giant, I also like the move to fabric over the metal, it feels so much more luxurious to touch and use. I am a little bit worried about it getting all covered with eyeshadow, but with care I think it should hold up well. A fun fact about the packaging, one of their first ideas ended up looking like a lady flower at the back https://www.instagram.com/p/BuUBMf7lGFg/?hl=en. The only thing I dislike about it is that the mirror is noticeably smaller, both because of the new size and a bit more of the fabric covering it. It's not bad by any means, it's just a personal preference to have as big as mirror as I can get, especially for a palette like this which is perfect to take anywhere. I don't mind the lack of a brush either Woman Happy.

NakedReloaded.jpgNaked Reloaded

I remember seeing the first photo of the palette, I think it was a bad one as it looked like really washed out boring nudes, I was so happy when more photos emerged and I saw the colour in there, the Retro shade instantly grabbed me, I wanted to try it out so bad! And oh I did!

Naked Reloaded 2.jpgNaked Reloaded

I am completely in love with Retro, Burn, Bucked, Boundaries and Barely Baked, all of which you'll see in the look I've chosen to share. There are 6 mattes, 4 micro-shimmers and 2 glitters. The mattes are 100% perfect, they are soft, super pigmented, easy to pick up and blend. You only need a tiny bit on your brush for a big effect. The shimmers speak for themselves, Urban Decay always brings out the perfect formulation. Both a true joy to use.

Now the glitters are really pretty, but a bit hard to work with. They're almost impossible to pick up with a brush, unless you wet it, I've been using the Urban Decay All Nighter spray and it's made it easier, however it still feels easiest to work with my fingers, if I only tap the shade on my eyelid I mostly get just glitter, it needs to be spread to actually get the colour out, I find those 2 to have the most fall out too.

I find myself using the other shades the most, and having them bigger is a very welcome change, Bribe is a perfect brow bone and highlighter shade. Blur, Boundaries and Barely Baked I use pretty much anytime I do a daytime look. A cool thing I found is that Retro is a perfect blush shade for me and End Game is great for filling in my eyebrows, I'd have loved to have Retro as a big pan too because of this. It also means for me it's a complete palette I can take while travelling without having to take extra products for highlighting, blush and brows! I'm thrilled!

Swatches 1.jpgNaked Reloaded

Swatches 2.jpgNaked Reloaded Swatches

Swatches 3.jpgNaked Reloaded Swatches

I'm no make up artist so I've been watching a lot of YouTube and Instagram tutorials to try and find the one look to rule them all, I present you my winner for look of the night!

Naked Reloaded Look.jpgNaked Reloaded Favourite Look

It's a hard one and it takes me 30-40 minutes to achieve, but I'm slow and not used to doing such complex looks, I'm sure someone more savvy would pull it off a lot faster! (Looking at you @Priya_13  Smiley Very Happy.)

Naked Reloaded Look 2.jpgNaked Reloaded Look
Step 1: Tap Retro in the crease with a fluffy brush, blend it out upwards and whatever is left goes to the outer inner corner of my eye all the way into the lower lash line.
Step 2: Tap Bucked in the crease only, and blend it lightly with Retro, I used same brush
Step 3: Use a thinner brush to make a V with End Game, from just under the lower lash line to about midway through the crease(this was the hardest step for me it took me a long time to get the shape right), and fill the corner in a little bit, blend it in with the same brush I just used for Bucked (don't be too worried about making both eyes even the next step takes care of it Smiley Happy)
Step 4: Do a cut crease! This was the very first time I've attempted this, I had done this look a few times before without cutting it and it wasn't as good for sure. To achieve this I used the UD OG primer potion mixed with a tiny drop of IT Cosmetic's Bye Bye Under Eye concealer (it's really thick!). Used the flat end of my Naked 2 brush to apply it to my eye. Took me a long time again!
Step 5: I wiped and dried the same flat brush quickly and applied Boundaries all over the lid, trying to not go outside the lines.
Step 6: Apply a black eyeliner to the waterline, bot lower and upper. I used the UD 24/7 Glide On pencil in shade Zero.
Step 7: Apply Burn with a thin brush to the lower lash line and blend it into the End Game shade in the outer corner.
Step 8: Apply Barely Baked in the inner corner, this is such a pretty gold colour!
Step 9: Pick up Angel Fire with a finger and tap it in the middle of the lid for extra sparkle.
Step 10: Add Bribe as a brow bone shade and highlighter under the eye.
Step 11 (Optional): Add eyeliner, I'm bad at it and don't want to ruin the look so I skip this.
Step 12: Mascara (and falsies if you do) Smiley Happy.

Step 13: Urban Decay All Nighter Spray Woman Happy.
Voila! It's a pretty advanced look for me, but I think I managed well Smiley Very Happy. Any corrections and advice are very welcome! Heart

A few tips and tricks I've learned recently:

1. Don't be afraid to try new looks out, if you can't think of what to do or simply need some inspiration this community and the Internet are at your fingertips Smiley Happy.
2. Gently tap shades on the eyelid first rather than going in and blending straight away. This way everything is much cleaner and I avoid getting the wrong shade where I don't want it and having to clean it up more.
3. As mentioned above, wet the brush to be able to pick the glitter shades better.
4. Use an eye primer! This was a big a-ha! moment for me. I've just been using my regular face primer (if that) and it's been ok, but I have oily lids and that still tends to ruin the look later in the day as my eyeshadow starts moving a lot. I picked up the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original a few day ago and oh my god, guys, nothing's moving. I'm mind-blown, such a simple thing has made such a big impact on how well eyeshadow stays put and it makes it go on my eyes so much easier too. The disadvantage is that the eyeshadows don't budge, it's a bit harder to clean up mistakes and even remove the make up later at night lol! It also makes the eyeshadow colour stand out more.

Naked Reloaded vs Naked 2.jpgReloaded vs 2

And to finish off a small comparison to my Naked 2, which has been my go to in the past nearly 2 years. The mattes in Reloaded truly blew me away, they are easier to pick up and use, and feel so much softer too. I didn't think it could be that easy to work with them! Not that Naked 2's are bad (maybe except from Foxy, it's a pain to use!). I've attached some photos to show the difference between similar shades.

Reloaded vs 2.jpgComparison
Barely Baked is a lighter gold than Half Baked, not as screechy, much better for adding extra sparkle in a daytime look.
Bribe is much easier to use than Bootycall and is a little bit more pink and shimmery.
Blur is darker, not as yellow as Foxy, a pleasure to use, indeed a Blur is what you get with it, Foxy is almost impossible to pick up.
Both Reputation and Chopper are amazing micro-shimmers, Reputation is darker and more bronze.
End Game and Busted are pretty similar, End Game is warmer.

So what do I think of it? I absolutely love it! You can definitely say this as I haven't reached for any other palette at all since I received it. It's made me try some looks which are quite complex for me and I've loved it. I've had a chance to try something out of the box (for me) with Retro as a peachy-pink and Boundaries as a muted orange-ish brown, which are the 2 shades I've been pretty scared of as I though I'd look sick using them, but guess what? I don't! Smiley Very Happy 

100% receives the Pineapple stamp of approval!

1,757 Likes, 73 Comments - Wende Zomnir (@udwende) on Instagram: "Ok...here's a little insight into product and packaging development: We set out to create a sleeker..."
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Review: Urban Decay Naked Reloaded <3

Areej
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple 

Ooo I just loveee your review 😍like seriously I’m not just saying that, it’s way better then mine and your makeup skills are so good. 

Lovley lovely review ❤️

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple  hats off to you pineapple lovely indepth review 

An love the eyeshadow will be trying your tips an tehqnics xx

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Areej Thank you so much for the nice words Heart! All the reviews have been great. Yours included, there's no better or worse just different views Heart.

@Boss786 Thank you lovely! We should start buying all the palettes now Smiley Tongue. This one I think everyone needs! xx

Areej
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple I guess so, maybe I was too nervous about mine, thank you ❤️

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple  im loyal to my perfums🤣

But this one is on my list😉

SpencerR
Perfectly Primed

@Pineapple I've been waiting for this and was not disappointed 😍, an amazing review and eye look.

I've screen shot this so I can try and recreate it 😁, I'm sure my mini me will want me to try it on her too! Xx 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Areej I'm always nervous, Heart We've got this Smiley Happy.

@Boss786 Shame it doesn't smell of perfume otherwise you'd have it by now! Woman Very Happy

@SpencerR I'm glad you liked it! HeartHeartHeart Not sure she'd stay still long enough, the first time it took me nearly an hour lol.

Here's the video I got the look from by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzF9Sav1hiA Woman Wink.

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded is here and I'm here for the truth. Do we need this palette? Is it similar or different to the original NAKED palette? Is it pigmented and do we even care? WATCH this full thorough review first for swatches, a verdict and a look! Remember to Like and Subscribe: ...

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple 

Enjoyed reading this and loved the looks you created x

SpencerR
Perfectly Primed

Erm no, she's always hungry so can just imagine her moaning she wants a snack as I'm trying to get her to sit still 😁

I'll stick to trying it on myself, thanks for the link x