cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEW ON YOU TESTERS WANTED! Calling all face maskers...

Luckyblackcat55
Winging It

Review on Shiseido Waso Waso Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask 80Ml - Shiseido

Firstly a little bit about my skin - I have oily on my nose and normal everywhere else with the odd dryness. I am in my mid 20s. I love indulging in skincare and taking my time with it.

PACKAGING: I was honestly disappointed by the packaging - it’s big and bulky. I’m surprised that in 2018 (when I got the product) companies still make such wasteful packaging. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the little handle on the lid and it makes opening the jar so easy. I hate it when you have cleanser or other cream on your hands and you just can’t open it because you can’t get a good grip. However I wish the container was smaller making it more travel and environmentally friendly.

You get a nice big spatula with the mask which is great for keeping the mask hygienic. It’s also great for someone like me with long nails because it means that when you dip into the mask you don’t end up with half of it under your nails! However, I do wish that they’d of put a little holder for the spatula on the jar so it’s all together and I don’t have to search for this spatula in my bedside cabinet drawer. Although this is just a minor thing and I guess this would of ruined the aesthetic of the jar.

PRODUCT: I really enjoyed the gel consistency, especially as it soaked in quickly and didn’t leave much/ if any, residue on my face. As someone with oiliness, I like that I didn’t wake up with a greasy face. I was surprised to see little particles (vitamins C and E capsules) in the mask and was even more surprised when they disappeared. It barely took any rubbing in to work them into my skin.

A560D28D-A6C9-4E4B-A0E9-4E97819C4F60.jpeg

3D71EE82-D089-4ACA-A93D-F992333B7A36.jpegThe little vitamin C and E capsules

I love anything with a citrus scent and this has that! 😍 Heavenly! Once you work it in this goes and it isn’t strong/over powering.

The mask made me feel a bit more relaxed and like I was treating myself and having some ‘me time’. I think this is due to the “subtle violet fragrance generates a sense of relaxation”.

USE: I like to double cleanse my skin, so currently this is/was my routine whilst using the mask. 

1. Use the  Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish to remove my makeu

2. Use one of the Pixi toners (I like to switch them up based on my needs that day)

3. Apply eye cream

4. Apply the mask by scooping about and ‘almond sized amount’ (as recommended). Working it gently into my skin and giving it 5 mins to soak in.

In the morning I just rinse it off with my face wash in mild warm water. Then moisturise and apply my makeup.

RESULTS AFTER NEARLY 2 MONTHS: I loved waking up with soft skin from the mask. Although I wouldn’t say that dull skin was a concern of mine, I could definitely see the difference after regular use. I felt like my skin felt renewed especially after my dry patches from winter. I feel confident that my skin looks healthier and feels healthier after using the mask - it’s radiant, plumper (but not in a puffy way).

I would definitely recommend this mask! 👍🏻

Thank you so much to @EllenL and Debenhams for letting my try the mask - really enjoyed it. 😄

10 REPLIES
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Amazing review @Luckyblackcat55, thank you 😍so glad you liked it and love that you've given an update after a few months, it's great to see whether skincare works in the long run!

Pineapple
Multimasker

@Luckyblackcat55 I love your review and especially that you put in your skincare routine as well! Heart

Suzy
Multimasker

@Luckyblackcat55

Really good review, interesting read.

Luckyblackcat55
Winging It

@EllenL Aw thank you! It’s something I look for in reviews so wanted to make sure I give it enough time to work 😊

@Pineapple Aww thank you! 😊

@Suzy thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it. 

te06071
Nailing It

@Luckyblackcat55 really informative review. I've near tried this brand before and this is a brand new product- so nice to read about it! p.s. can we see your nails please lol i'm intrigued Smiley Wink

Luckyblackcat55
Winging It

@te06071 I’m so glad you found it informative! I’d definitely recommend this mask 😍

Of course you can! I’m a nail junkie 😆B769375E-83BF-45D6-9DF4-4C1F38EC7166.jpeg

Pineapple
Multimasker

@Luckyblackcat55  Did you have them done in a salon? The matte lavender colour is HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart.

Luckyblackcat55
Winging It

@Pineapple  I did them myself! I’m not a pro, just do it as a hobby and it saves me money aha 

I build my nails out of gel and the lavender is also a gel by Crystal Nails (In colour 94 or 96), with a matte top coat Smiley Happy

Pineapple
Multimasker

@Luckyblackcat55 They are absolutely gorgeous, you really do a great job!