cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEW ON YOU TESTERS WANTED! Calling all face maskers...

SmileyShazza
Multimasker

So my mask arrived towards the end of last week. I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago and these are my first impressions. 

The jar looks stylish and quite minimalist, I liked the shape as it was square and a bit different to most masks, it looked like a high quality product. I was a bit disapointed it didn't come with any kind of information leaflet or instructions on how best to use it as I would expect a product of this standard to come with one. It was easy to unscrew the lid - sometimes these jars can be really hard to open!

Upon opening the jar I was suprised by the look of the mask, it had a gel like consistency and what appeared to be particles in it. It has a very fresh citrussy fragrance, not overpowering at all and actually smelt quite refreshing and natural.  

So the idea of this mask is that you leave it on your skin overnight and the Yuzu Citrus replenishes your skin while you sleep, restoring radiance and hydration overnight. As a 44 year old who's skin is dehydrated and lacking in radiance this sounded like it could be just what I needed.

I applied the mask on freshly cleansed and exfoliated skin after my evening bath before I went to bed. I applied a small amount all over my face (they recommend an almond sized amount of the product for each application), the gel consistency means a little bit of product goes quite a long way which is especially good as this mask isn't cheap at almost £40. 

47345240_10156191669956491_7806749727935954944_o.jpgMask applied before bedtime ready to work it's magic
I enjoyed the feel of the product when I applied it, the gel formulation meant it felt quite hydrating and lightweight on the skin and didn't feel like it would block pores which is important for me.  The only thing I did find was that it was ever so slightly sticky to the touch almost as if it hadn't dried down completely - good from a hydration point of view as this means there is more product on the skin that can sink in overnight but I did find my face felt like it was sticking to my pillow a bit when I first laid down to go to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and my skin definitely looked brighter and felt much more hydrated than usual. I cleansed as usual in the morning and then applied my daytime moisturiser, SPF and primer before putting on my make up and I found my skin felt and looked smoother and more hydrated. I often find I get tiny bits of flaky dry skin on some areas of my face which can affect the way my foundation applies but the morning after using this I didn't experience any flakiness or dry patches and my foundation applied much more nicely than usual. 

I have to say I have been very impressed with this mask. It definitely left my skin feeling much more hydrated and gave it a radiance boost too. Although it is a little more than I would usually spend on a face mask I can imagine the pot would last  a long time as you only need to use a small amount for each application.

Thank you to Debenhams for giving me the chance to try this out Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES

te06071
Nailing It

@SmileyShazza

Love your detailed review!

SmileyShazza
Multimasker

@te06071 thank you. I love writing product reviews and try to give as much information as possible to help other decide if they feel it would suit them or not x

Pineapple
Multimasker

@SmileyShazza Great review <3. I'm happy to see we both liked the mask! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for such a fab, detailed review @SmileyShazza 😊 so glad you liked the mask! 

Suzy
Multimasker

@SmileyShazza Really enjoyed your in depth review. You obviously liked the mask but it was good you put in things like it felt a bit sticky etc cos it makes an all round honest review.

SmileyShazza
Multimasker

Thanks @Suzy - glad you enjoyed reading it x