cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My Shiseido WASO Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask Review

Pineapple
Nailing It

Good morning beauties, as you can see from the title this is going to be my review of the Waso Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask 80Ml - Shiseido# Heart.

facemask1.jpgShiseido Waso Beaty Sleeping Mask

Packaging

The mask comes in a thin plain green box which I really like, it's very easy to dispose of and not much of a waste. The actual pot feels nice and solid I think it can take a fair amount of drops. I love the little spatula which it comes with, it's great for keeping the mask clean and especially useful if you share (as we are). It also fits nicely on top of the lid so I don't have to think where to keep it not to lose it.

Skin profiles

I'm 29 and my skin is combination, mostly oily on the forehead, nose and cheeks, often feels dehydrated, not too sensitive. My partner is 32, extremely dry and sensitive skin. I speak mostly of my experience but you'll see him mentioned a few times.

Feel

First off, I am so happy the mask is of gel consistency. I know this is what normally works best with my combination skin, I find richer creams can not sink in at all and make my skin greasy. There are some white bubble particles inside which dissipate quickly when you spread the mask, you can't actually feel them at all. Only a small amount is needed, it says almond size but I find about half of that is enough for me, my partner does use a whole almond though as his skin loves sinking it in, he often gets reactions to skincare and we were both happy to see there was no redness and burning in sight. I sometimes get tiny breakouts, I haven't been able to figure out what causes them yet (possibly overmoisturising from heavier creams) and this was perfect, no little annoying bumps for me! Smiley Very Happy

I find that if I put too much on the mask stays sticky on my skin, meaning I use less and it will last a loooong time. Who doesn't love that? I'd advice you to do the same, and if you feel the need, add a little bit more until you find the perfect amount. I've added some photos to showcase this. First picture is about the recommended almond size. Second is slightly spreading it, you can see it is pretty thick on my skin still. Third is spreading it more towards my arm, it covers a pretty good amount of skin, that is how it looks when I normally finish applying it. Fourth is half a minute later when it's nicely dried down.

facemask2.jpgFace mask spreading in action

Smell

It has this very lovely light fresh smell that I just love. The scent lingers for quite a while, I didn't notice it on myself but did on my partner as we did our skicare rituals before we started watching a movie and I could still smell it on him by the end of it.

Results

Now this is where the fun begins! The mask contains green Yuzu which is said to have really strong beautifying effects and promotes the production of hyaluronic acid. I know for sure that my skin adores hyaluronic acid, meaning this all is very promising. Straight from the first time I used the mask I could feel how much more bouncy and radiant it felt. I know I know I shouldn't touch it too much but I couldn't stop! The description says that it gives you the feel of a full night's sleep and I didn't even need to sleep to feel a difference. It was just as divine to feel in the morning after too, even after cleansing. I can absolutely feel the love my skin is getting, my partner hasn't been using it everyday but whenever I can get him to, he has brilliant results too. This is the first ever product to work just as good on both of our very different skin types, the description doesn't lie, it works for all!

I've added a few more photos here with the days to see my progress. It definitely helps my skin look and feel way more hydrated than it was before.

Day 1, straight after cleansing at night, that's my very first and pretty recent wrinkle who is definitely not my friend! Day 4, I actually couldn't believe the difference there, this is a few minutes after using the mask. Day 7 and 11 are in the morning after waking up and washing my face. I've tried to make the photos as similar as possible and you can definitely tell the difference, only after like 10 days! I may post another photo once I finish the pot.

facemask3.jpgShiseido mask progress, I'm so impressed!

And the pot is going to last a long while, I use so little, it's also a whole 80ml, a lot more than a lot of other masks for sure.

Bonus tip from me

If I've been out in the recent bad weather all day I love putting a thicker layer on, leaving it for 10 minutes then massaging my skin for a bit before taking it off. It feels divine, bonus if you can get someone else to do this for you for a special pampering end of the day Heart.

In conclusion, I am indeed extremely happy with this mask. It was my first ever Shiseido product and now I want to try a lot more, now I'm starting to understand the obsession with Japanese skincare. This is hands down the best skincare item I've tried as of today, and if you are someone who wants to up their hydration game I'd absolutely recommend it. And it's only £33 right now!

I want to thank @EllenL and the team behind the "New on You" testing scheme for giving me this amazing opportunity, I think I've found a product for life here! Smiley Happy

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer them! Thank you for reading through this and sorry if I got carried away and bored you too much <3!

19 REPLIES

Re: My Shiseido WASO Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask

SophieG1
Multimasker

Such a detailed review 😍 love it when people actually take the time to throughly review a item! I’ve never used a sleeping mask think I’ve always been to scared I’d make a mess everywhere 🤣 

Re: My Shiseido WASO Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask

Pineapple
Nailing It

@SophieG1 Aww thank you, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I thought the same as you to be honest, but don't be scared, I think sleeping mask is just a fancier way to say night cream Woman LOL. It doesn't get any messier than using a regular face cream, you should give it a try! Smiley Very Happy

Re: My Shiseido WASO Beauty Sleeping Gel Face Mask Review

Community Manager
Community Manager

Such an amazing review @Pineapple! Love it Heart

Pineapple
Nailing It

Thank you @TazK Heart!

Suzy
Multimasker

@Pineapple

Really good review, really useful and interesting read. Thanks😉

Paula1994
Multimasker

great review! I definitely want to try it soon xx

Babymaker
Getting Lippy

What a great, detailed review. I really like the sound of this product. Like you, it isn't a brand I would usually go to. Does anyone know where there are Shiseido counters? I'm based in Manchester.

Pineapple
Nailing It

@Paula1994 You should! xx

@Babymaker Thank you! I can't help you with Manchester counters sorry. Heart

Ashli
Nailing It

@Pineapple I have NEVER ever come across such a joyable and attention to detailed review which has made me want to test/buy a sleeping mask before til now.. thanks hun!