cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keihls Ultra Light Daily Defence SPF Review

Scarliebg
Winging It

I got this last week, but since the sun has been hiding haven't had a chance to review! 

I am a fan, but theres a catch

1) it's really light weight which given the name is a big plus

2) I have really fair skin, but I tend not to burn that badly if I put sunscreen on regularly and sensibly. Day to day it's combination and pretty sensitive.

3) It doesnt have a really strong smell which puts me off other ones. And it doesnt feel cakey on the skin.

4) Maybe. My only issue is I cant use it as a face lotion, as it seems to direct. It says to use it after your skincare routine but when you put it over foundation it doesnt work and under is even worse. As a sunscreen for my bag when I'm out and about it's really good though. If my friend was a non makeup wearer would be forcing them to order it asap. 

20190628_102541.jpg

So there it is! 

On my no makeup days it's been great, but as a day to day thing it just hasn't worked as a face lotion. Great alternative to top up the body while out and about though. 

Xx

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Keihls Ultra Light Daily Defence SPF Review

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Thanks for the review!  Seems most people are really loving this, deffo going to get a sample of it!  @Scarliebg  I sometimes find that a very similar one I'm using is moisturiser enough and so sometimes skip the moisturiser step and just put the SPF on.  Do you think it might be ok under makeup if you did that?  

Ashli
Beauty Icon

@Scarliebg  Thanks for reviewing, so many people are loving this and I can't believe I forgot to ask for a sample of this today!

Highlighted

JennnCore
Beauty Icon

Thanks for the review! ❤

Zuzu
High Brow

Thanks for sharing your review @Scarliebg ❤

Areej
Beauty Icon

@Scarliebg @I got to test this wonderful product to and loved it ❤️

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Scarliebg Such a shame it doesn't work under foundation? What happens? Do you let it soak for at least 10 minutes? You may be putting too much moisturiser underneath and it has no chance of properly drying?

Scarliebg
Winging It

At first I followed their guidelines, and used it last after my other skincare products, so my duel primer/moisturiser, which did not work at all. 

I did try no moisturiser and still didnt work, also found my makeup just didnt go on well. 

I have ended up just patting it onto my face after makeup if I dont have a sunscreen spray with me.

Xx

Scarliebg
Winging It

I did try that, but my makeup just didnt sit right? I'm assuming because this products isnt meant to be absorbed into the skin like moisturiser, so the makeup doesnt have a good a base maybe. 

I ended up using a little bit rubbed into my hands and patting my face, worked alright but did need a pat down with some powder so stop the shine!

Xx

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Scarliebg I think spf is supposed to go between moisturiser and primer, but if your is a 2 in 1 I have no idea where it needs to go. Shame it didn't work with your makeup. What is your skin type? I don't think I saw you mentioning it Smiley Happy. xx