cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dry skin with foundations going patchy when on

Rmmc82
Winging It

Anyone have any advice I've tried all foundations from max factor to clinique and when ever I've applied it always looks patchy and dry any advice?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Dry skin with foundations going patchy when on

Tarnjit
Multimasker

@Rmmc82 hello lovely are you moisturising well and using a hydrating or dewy primer underneath? This should help. Also alot of foundations are made for different skin types something dewy will be probably a better option for you. If this has all been tried and tested how about mixing foundation with your moisturiser that way you can control the consistency but it is just as build able with a layer at a time until you reach a coverage you like. Also another tip is using a damp beauty blender to apply foundation. I too have dry ish skin and these are my go to tips xoxo

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@Rmmc82  hey lovely my advice would be look at your skincare are you exfoliating atlest once a week if not twice and what cleanser are you using also a goid mouistrizer.

If you exfoliate then mouistrise promperly the dry skin should get beter as this is usuasly dead old skin that needs to be exfoliant  with a gentle scrub  to reveal freasher looking skin its key😘

Hope this helps

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Rmmc82 Like @Boss786 gentle exfoliation and a good moisturiser should help. Also a nice primer could do wonders for you, maybe give Prep + Prime Essential Oils - MAC Cosmetics or Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer And Moisturiser 50Ml - Bobbi Brown a go. The Bobbi Brown one smells divine too Smiley Happy. x

Rmmc82
Winging It

Any brand recommendations?? ❤

apple
Total Glossip

@Rmmc82 

Firstly I would suggest a gentle scrub and a good moisturiser. Ive been using Origins Ginzing  refreshing scrub cleanser, it’s gentle enough to use every day if needed followed by Origins Ginzing Ultra Hydrating cream. I found these to help my dry skin. Once the products take effect you will notice the difference with makeup application. 

If you still find the foundation to look patchy and dry skin still appears maybe consider using a tinted moisturiser. You can always build it up in places if needed.. 

whatever you decide to try I hope it works for you... Good luck. 

Kshama88
Nailing It

Hey love, before applying any base no matter how costly or affordable it is, u have to make sure that ur skin is all prepped properly.  By saying prep I mean u have washed, exfoliate and moisturised ur skin well. 

If u are from dry skin family add 2-3 drops of facial oil in ur foundation and rahtehr than using brush to apply foundation, first apply foundation with finger and than blend it with damp beauty blender. Sometimes more baking and use of extra powder makes ur foundation more dry or cacky, patchy so if u are beginner always use a little amount of powder to set ur base.

Hope these tips will help u and makes ur foundation smooth next onwards 🤗🤗😊😊

ardelle
Nailing It

@Rmmc82 i have the same problem have you tried lancomes teint miracle? this is only one that works for me, I also add a little bio oil and apply with a beauty blender. 

tturoka
Getting Lippy

Clinic have alcohol in their cosmetic, so your skin can be dry. 

I use Clarins and its never dry! Also now i started to use primer and its even better 

EmaSullivan
Living the Highlight

@Rmmc82 I have oily combination skin and sometimes find this around my nose. Make sure you moisturise and use a primer before your lay down your foundation and concentrate especially on the areas that it seems to cling to. You can get hydrating primers too so shop around and get a good skincare routine going and it'll help your makeup Smiley Happy