cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BareMinerals BarePro Longwear Lipstick Review

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

I was lucky enough to be chosen to get sent out a lipstick to test, and I thought it was about time I got up my review of the BareMinerals BarePro Longwear lipstick as I have had it a while now, and was already a week or so behind everyone else due to my first one going missing in the post (someone somewhere has got themselves a lovely lipstick!).  I've also been trying for days to upload my photos, but the website has been playing up big time for days now and it's not letting me do so.  Even though it took about 10 minutes, this is the first time I've been able to log on properly since yesterday morning.  So apologies for lack of photos, I will try and add them up later.  

The shade I received is called Petal which is described as a soft muted rose.  It's a great universal shade which would suit a variety of different skin tones.  I am quite fair skinned and pinks usually look awful on me, but this one doesn't, it actually suits me and is a flattering colour.  

1. What do you love about the lipstick and why?
  2. What was the staying power like?
  3. Whatโ€™s your top tip for making lipstick last?
  4. Would you recommend this to a friend, and why?

So, to answer the above questions,

1, I love how easily the lipstick glides on, it is very creamy and moisturising, and not drying at all, which in this cold weather lately is perfect.  It feels so good on your lips, so lightweight  that you just forget it's there.  

2, The staying power is pretty good, it's definitely not the 8 hour wear it claims to last up to, I'd say more a good 4-5 hours (depending if you've been eating or drinking) which is still pretty decent.  Some remains slightly after that, but it does start wearing off in the middle first which might be a problem with darker shades, but as this is a my lips but better kind of shade, it wasn't overly noticeable.  Although, darker shades usually do last longer (on me anyhow), so it could be that it's just because it's a light shade.  

3, My top tip for making lipstick last is to fully prep your lips first.  Make sure you get any dry patches off by buffing them with either a scrub or a washcloth, and then apply a thin layer of lipbalm and let that soak in first.

4, Yes, would recommend this to a friend to try if they were after a lightweight creamy formula that felt it was being really caring towards your lips, and if they wanted to try some stunning colours.  

Its lovely gel like formula glides on with ease, and I definitely would love to try it in more colours!  Which when looking at their website, is a gorgeous selection of shades!  I have my eye on Cinnamon!  

8 REPLIES

Re: BareMinerals BarePro Longwear Lipstick Review

Pineapple
Multimasker

Yay great review @DJMcCumiskey  Heart!I was just about to ask if you got your lipstick to test yet! Smiley Very Happy

4-5 hours without eating and drinking actually sounds pretty decent Smiley Happy. I can't wait to see the photos! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

I wouldn't hold your breath @Pineapple ๐Ÿ˜‚  This is the first time I've been able to log on since yesterday morning and even now it's taking ages to log in and load pages.  It's one of the most infuriating websites I've come across!  

Glad you liked the review ๐Ÿ˜Š

Pineapple
Multimasker

@DJMcCumiskey  Aww what a shame, hopefully it gets fixed soon :<.

SparkyJ
Winging It

Thank you for the review, I am a bareminerals addict and debated if these would be an good, definitely going to treat myself!

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

Glad it was helpful!  It's the first time I've ever tried any bare minerals products tbh, but I have to say that I was impressed with the lipstick.  

What colour our are you going to go for?  @SparkyJ 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for such a detailed review @DJMcCumiskey - so glad you liked the formula! ๐Ÿ˜Š

So sorry you've been having issues with the site; our engineers were working on this and all issues have been fixed. Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Thanks,

Ellen

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

Thanks Ellen, I loved having the opportunity to try it out!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

SparkyJ
Winging It

I am torn between a nude or bold pink for spring ๐Ÿ™‚