cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpleasantness visit instore😤😤

BeautySeeker-03
Beauty Icon

"Eff'ing fuming to say the least.... 😤😤😤

On my lunch break early this afternoon I went to my local Aberdeen branch to try &pick my the latest Dior monthly sample up. I was told bluntly by the staff 'lady that there was none left, so I went &had a quick peek to the near by display stand & 2 separate women... went &asked for the samples ... AND WHERE GIVING ONE!! 😤😤 I feel as though she looked down on me .. like it was a cheek asking.. then both SEPARATE women  got there with smiles &no bother at all! 

I'm seriously though with debenhams all together!... firstly - everyone should be treated with the Same respect! Aren't sample , ment for a first come first served basis? ... no community perks are worth me going instore &leaving feeling humiliated! Its Not my first unpleasant experience with staff and I would consider myself a good debenhams community member. Im Forever speaking about all the perks &the amazing community, they have created for us etc ..  why should I feel be'littled everytime i go instore &then sit on there platform at night! Sorry for the rants guys🤭 I'm just over it .... 

@TazK  could you please point me in the right direction of who to contact, to complain to? In the Aberdeen branch department please.

45 REPLIES 45

Re: Unpleasantness visit instore😤😤

Julia
Beauty Icon

@BeautySeeker-03  oh no, that's is a bad experience and quite disappointing of staff doing that, unfortunately myself have been quite a few times disappointed by staff so I know how you feel 😔

Katrina777
Nailing It
@BeautySeeker-03 Sorry to hear about your experience. At the Bull Ring debenhams I have been in there got plenty of samples. When I go there another day some of them say we have not had samples for months sorry. It's like some of the staff are selected with who they give things out too. I got my Dior perfume and aftershave today. I did not even know about it. @TazK it would be great if we received an email letting us know when we can get our gifts Smiley Happy I was just told to come in on Fridays for samples and gifts. Does anybody else receive an email when there are free gifts?x
Author of It's All Within You & Trust Your Soul

BeautySeeker-03
Beauty Icon

@Julia  I just couldn't believe she said rudely there were none left then &happily gave the next to ladys🤚 I'm just over debenhams Aberdeen now, so after today bye everything debenhams from me! Shouldn't be made to feel like this everything I go in one store! Not worth my customer services 🤚 sorry I'm ranting on ... currently siting at my desk fuming 😤😤🤭🤭🖤

Dona
Nailing It

I perfectly understand your frustration @BeautySeeker-03  I had a bad experience this morning too in Birmingham, as I was told the samples hadn’t arrived yet whereas other people were told they were already gone by 10 am. Is it one or is it the other?! @Katrina777  May I ask around what time did you get yours?

It’s not professional to play with people’s time, when we all make an effort to go there while we could/should do other stuff.  I feel like SAs look down on some people and don’t give neither real nor consistent information to people, even though we are ALL customers. In my case, the bad experience is always with the same lady, so I would like to know more on how to complain. 

Katrina777
Nailing It
@Dona I have been in the one in Birmingham & asked for samples some of them lie and say sorry we have not had samples for months. I go in there the next day I get loads of samples depends who you talk too. I went to Merry Hill about 12.30 x
Author of It's All Within You & Trust Your Soul
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BeautySeeker-03 ,

I'm so sorry you've had this negative experience in store! You're absolutely right, the samples should be given on a first-come, first-served basis, our customer service team will be able to help you with your complaint - heretohelp@debenhams.com ✨

I'm sure they'll be able to resolve this for you and hopefully, it never happens again! 

Taryn xx

SL1996
Getting Lippy

It is frustrating when you can't always get the sample, but I think it's down to the fact that the message hasn't been communicated properly to staff, rather than they do not want you to have the sample. I mean, they would surely want us to see how brilliant the products are, so we spend more money?

I've had it before when I've gone to my Dior counter and asked, they had no idea and said they didn't have any samples in to give me and was surprised to hear about the promotion I had seen. I showed her the post on the club and she maintained they hadn't received anything and she would have been told if that was the case. I thought I'd check with the fragrance counter on my way out anyway just in case and found they had them stored there and not at the actual counter for the brand. The lady at the fragrance counter said half the time they aren't told about samples so some people know and others don't - seems to be luck of who you speak to!

It is disappointing to lose out but at the end of the day, it is a free membership so I don't think we can complain too much, it's just a bonus if you can manage to get one!

Maybe you should get in touch with one of the admins regarding your local store? My local has gotten much better in the last 4 months or so,  may well be down to communication issues... x

Galara01
Going Pro

@BeautySeeker-03  That is so dissapointing  ,I know you probably didnt want to make a fuss but maybe you could have gone back to the counter & asked again for the sample see what happened & if they said all gone mention what happened before ie you asked before the other 2 ladies who got theirs and then ask to speak to the supervisor  who needs to train them up properly 

NadiaS88
Multimasker

@BeautySeeker-03 So sorry to hear about such unfair situation!

it's such unfair and nasty. I hate when staff behaving them selfs like that! If it's on first come first get basis so why the customers treated so unfair!