cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

No Monthy beauty club sample again! 😭

Hermagesty
Getting Lippy

So this Saturday I popped into my local debs, on the off chance I wasn't too late to get the UD setting spray sample. Once again I got told "no we didn't get it" apparently because the store doesn't stock urban decay they didn't receive the samples. 

I'm about ready to give up trying to claim the free sample. Every time I ask for it Im made to feel like I'm asking for something I'm not entitled to. I don't understand why the staff are so possessive over them, it's like I'm asking for them to hand me over cash out of the till or something! It really does make me feel horrible. It genuinely puts me off going into store.  

Also, there's no consistency. Sometimes they ask for an email, which I rarely get. And if I can't produce it i dont get the sample... Sometimes they don't have it... Once I was told I couldn't have that months sample because they hadn't given out the previous months samples and had to give them first... it's a minefield! 

I know it sounds ungrateful, after all it is FREE! But I feel like a criminal even asking about it! 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: No Monthy beauty club sample again! 😭

Areej
Nailing It

@Hermagesty Oh no, which is your local store ?

to be honest I feel the same way I hate approaching the staff for my monthly’s they made you feel uncomfortable but I do manage to get mine.

you should ask to speak to the manager and show the post from the blog announcing the samples.

Hermagesty
Getting Lippy

My local store Is Fareham. It's a small store and doesn't have a massive beauty department. But you'd think every store would receive some samples. Makes me wonder if they only receive a small amount relative to the size of the store and just save them for the staff? Who knows. All I know is it makes me feel so uncomfortable! πŸ˜“ I don't want to speak to the manager over a freebie ( although I know I should, just because the staff can be so rude!) It's annoying though isn't it! Especially when I buy at least one item a month from debs beauty so it's nice to feel rewarded for my loyalty... But I don't know if I'm going to bother trying anymore!

Kathmerixxx
Multimasker

@Hermagesty  i called into my local debenhams on saturday as well to be told theres none left wasnt particularly keen on the assistant she didnt seemed to be interested couldnt look me in the face to tell me. 

Julia
Glitterati

@Hermagesty  your not alone in this kt has happened to a lot of us , I just feel so guilty for asking,  and all this time the only monthly sample I have got is the filorga one back in October  

nzborn
Multimasker

This would do my nut in if it had happened to me

Zt
Nailing It

Oh no! Hopefully next time you get notified if samples are available in store ❀

Beauty1
Nailing It

I feel awkward to ask for samples, my local Debenhams beauty section is rather small, so I rather suspect they don't receive too many samples. I have had 6 samples in 4 years, the way I see it, is that no other retailer rewards you in any way whatsoever so for Debenhams to give something to some is better than nothing. Though I agree some SA's need to learn how to speak to customers properly. 

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Oh @Hermagesty  I wish this wasn't a common tale, but the sad truth is that it is a common story that many of us have already complained about! Smiley Sad

It doesn't matter if there is no UD counter, they should still have the sample for you. My local store does not have UD, but they still had the samples.

I have had similar experiences ....

https://community.debenhams.com/t5/The-Clubhouse/Have-you-got-an-email-in-order-to-collect-your-FREE...

Make sure you read Taz' (moderators) comments and take them with you to store in future! Smiley Happy x

Hermagesty
Getting Lippy

@Amanda-C thanks lovely. I feel like it's just so blooming inconsistent. Don't think I'm going to bother going out of my way for them anymore though to be honest. If I'm in town I'll pop in and ask, but if not, I'm not making a special trip for them!