cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Christmas gifts!

SophieG1
Multimasker

Just wondering do you ladies tell your partner what you want for Christmas? Or just let them surprise you? I’ve been with my partner for nearly 6 years we have a daughter who is 4 and since she has arrived and blessed our lives the last couple of years I haven’t got anything for Christmas through a choice of my own not because he’s stingy 🤣 I just always felt she should be spoiled first.  This year he has said I deserve a treat and won’t take no for a answer 🙈 so do I drop hints or just tell him? Or do you ladies prefer surprises? 

9 REPLIES

Re: Christmas gifts!

Pineapple
Nailing It

It depends, if I really want something I'd say so as dropping hints will likely lead to me not quite getting what I wanted Woman LOL.

This time I actually straight out went and bought my present with his card lol! If you know he'll pick something you'll like wait for a surprise!

I think surprises are the best, it ends up a surprise half the time and my choice the other half, a good balance I'd call it Smiley Very Happy. Mind you he is really bad at keeping a secret of my presents hahaha, always spills it beforehand!

SophieG1
Multimasker

I trust him just not with beauty related items 🤣 I could end up with anything 😂😂 I’ve decided to narrow it down for him pick a few items and for him and my daughter to shopping and see what she picks of the list so kind of a surprise 🙈 I’m exactly like your partner I can’t keep a surprise secret it literally eats me away 😂😂 xx

Paula1994
Multimasker

I think its better to tell him just 8n case he dot you somethimg you already have or not want. or tell hom to get you a gift card, this way he will have a say how much he want to gift you and youll be able to choose what you want yourself xx

SophieG1
Multimasker

Im going to write a list of things and let them choose one from the list for me. I have a choice between 2 perfumes D&G the only one and Flower bomb so either of those I will be pretty happy 😍 

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

Tbh, I hate surprises.  

In previous years I've just left it to him, and sometimes he's come up with some fantastic presents, and other years (last year/or the previous year) for instance, he's basically went on Amazon and went "yeah, one of them, one of them, add one of them in"...just random stuff, which to me, is basically the online version of a last minute dash to the petrol station!  😏

I really couldn't care less if I get presents or not, there's far more important things imo.  But, what annoys me, is if someone insists on buying something, then at least put some effort into it.

This year, to avoid a repeat of the amazon shop, I've wrote a list so at least he has an idea.  I've just recently found a love of L'Occitane and Molton Brown products, so they're on there.  

SophieG1
Multimasker

I’m exactly the same as you not that fussed on gifts it’s been to say the least a rollercoaster of year for us so usually I’d be like don’t bother but this year he adamant he’s treating me. I think if I left him to it he either buy something ridiculously expensive or something very impulsive. I think the list is a great idea and honestly I just love the thought of them bonding together going shopping. 

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

Sounds like my husband @SophieG1 , either buys something ridiculously expensive or something random!!  

I bet they'll love going shopping together!  💗

Ashli
Nailing It

I think you should definately keep dropping hints every now and then coz lets be honest, when it comes to gifting something from most men.. their version of a surprise would be a vegetable chopper !! 🙈😂😣

Lmaksimovic1970
Total Glossip

I usually tell my partner what I like and he usually get that and also a suprise present as well. I always ask him for few ideas what he would like.