cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you do with samples?

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@nogravityleft I've been pretty preoccupied with Christmassing too 😂😂😂🎅.

2 times is not that much, it's just that my hair is so dry I can avoid it for longer.  Pretty nice in winter when it's cold, I hate wetting my head 😆.

Ohhhhh it sounds so nice, I'll definitely check it out when I find the time to go in the store lol! Holidays are wild. I'm glad you liked the review, I put my heart in it ❤.

May be a good idea to go and fish up some caviar to sell and be able to afford all the skincare our hearts desire 😂. I'm trying to not buy before I use up whatever I've got already so splashing out will wait a little bit. It will be all your fault when it happens though Smiley Very Happy.

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

The only reason I wasn't sure if l'occitane did sales is because I went into a store a couple of weeks back, and they still had some advent calendars, but at full price.  So I asked if they were going to reduce them or not and she said probably not because they haven't done so in previous years.  I thought that was a bit strange as most other companies do reduce them to get rid of the stock.  

They did have some gift offers on though, I got two of those little crackers on buy one get one half price.  The lavender handcream in one of them is lovely, sinks in really well!  👍

@nogravityleft

nogravityleft
All Eyes on Me

@Pineapple I take all the responsibility 🤭😉

Sabina123
Perfectly Primed

OMG i used yo wait for 'special occassions'!! Not anymore-start using them asap! If i dont like it then i tend to throaway but generally i like to use things up now-sometimes things grow on you-its not always immediate that you like them straight away!!

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@nogravityleft 😳😂

@Sabina123 Most things can be used on body if not good enough for your face too, like washes and creams Smiley Very Happy. I actually found recently that I quite like Clarins face creams. x

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Hi @Pineapple Smiley Happy it depends what they are. I use some of them instantly ie. perfume and the mini givenchy lip balm, but other in sachet form I tend to keep and take away with me on weekend breaks as mini treats Smiley Happy x

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

I always keeps mini perfume samples and keep them in my bag for when I go out. With the skincare/body products if I like them I’ll use them and if not I usually pass them on to others, same for makeup samples. I also include them in any giveaways or online orders from eBay as a little extra x

Highlighted

Sweetysammy88
Getting Lippy

I use to save them to but now I use them straight away so they don’t get forgotten then  I remember to leave reviews. Love trying new products, can’t wait to see what the next beauty sample is!!

Jenbunnyd81
Nailing It

I save them all up then have a lovely pamper day when I'm feeling a bit critical of myself and need a perk up 😍

@Pineapple wrote:

Seeing this is the month of beauty advent calendars and some of us may get quite a few more samples than the usual. I was wondering what others do?

I used to just pile them up and never use them until they've gone bad Woman LOL. I was saving them for that special time you see! For when I go on holiday, or I have a special night or something but never really ended up using them because I kept forgetting Smiley Very Happy.

Now, I pretty much start using a sample as soon as I get it. If I don't like it it either gets passed onto my partner if its skincare, or sister and friends for perfumes I don't like Woman Happy. I don't generally pass on make up as I tend to use that up easily!

This seems to help me not end up with loads of clutter which is  a bonus, we all know how easy it is for things to go out of hand when there are so many new shiny things to buy Woman LOL.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Jenbunnyd81 It's a lovely idea!