cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Great Make Up Conspiracy

bonnieburton
Getting Lippy

Ok, so I don't talk about this very often because it makes me sound like I should be wearing a tin foil hat, but after seeing you guys raving about the Aldi dupes, it inspired me to open up about some of my own experiences. 

Before moving the UK, I spent about 4 years living in China (and still work for Chinese companies!) and because I can speak English and some Chinese, I sometimes met with companies who were looking for Chinese manufacturers to make their products, or to buy the rights off of Chinese companies making high quality products. One of the biggest companies for this is sadly Lime Crime (I had a set of sparkly LC brushes before LC was even a brand), but I know Mac, Benefit, and now I guess Huda and KVD as well. If you were interested in getting your "dupes" (or possibly the original products!!) you can go to Ali Express and get them cheaper! Here are a few examples:Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 13.05.14.pngScreenshot 2019-04-22 at 13.05.01.pngScreenshot 2019-04-22 at 13.09.24.pngScreenshot 2019-04-22 at 13.12.27.pngScreenshot 2019-04-22 at 13.17.27.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: The Great Make Up Conspiracy

Reallylovespie
Total Glossip

First of all - how amazing living in China, for 4 years! I was planning to move there after successfully receiving a job offer, but had to decline in the end (so sad about that, stillSmiley Sad ) but I do often wonder how long I would have survived, and I never imagine it to be 4 years... more like 4 months 🤣🤣

Secondly, I'm not sure if it's just me being thick here but I don't quite get your post xx

Do you mean that the companies you mentioned approach chinese manufacturers, who are actually the ones who make wellknown beauty products, therefore available from AliExpress? Sorry if i got that wrong xx also pics haven't loaded yet so maybe that would have helped me out abit... or maybe I just need a nap 🤔🤔

Highlighted

Re: The Great Make Up Conspiracy

Rabia
Going Pro

@bonnieburton  waiting for pix to upload ..