cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skincare

Charcharrrxo
Getting Lippy

What’s the best thing for breakouts?? Since I’ve changed my pill I’m getting more spots on my forehead than before☹️ Help meeee

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Skincare

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Charcharrrxo Hey, breakouts are such a pain aren't they! Of course if it's hormone related skincare may not do too much but I'll give you some pointers of what you can try. The best ingredients to use are usually salicylic acid, niacinamide and zinc. A good salicylic acid is either The Ordinary's BHA 2%, or Paula's Choice one. As far as niacinamide and zinc go, The Ordinary have them together in a product called Niacinamide+Zinc and is also pretty cheap. 

A face wash recommendation would be Cerave's foaming face wash (ask @SophieG1 😊), and for face masking I think you'd love Out Of Trouble Face Mask 75Ml - Origins and last suggestion would be Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel 10Ml - Origins .

And if you want some better makeup Original Spf 15 Loose Powder Mineral Foundation 8G - Golden Beige - bareMinerals , their products are good for your skin and can actually help it improve with time rather than smothering it with bad ingredients making it worse.

I hope this helps and your forehead goes back to normal soon!

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@Charcharrrxo  Definitely use a topical product that contains salicylic acid also because the pill makes you produce less oil believe it or not make sure you are using a Moisturiser 😊 keep the routine simple but consistent and you should see a change. 

Highlighted

Sharon88
Winging It

Something I use and find works is sudocrem, it's cheap and easy to get hold of and they even do it in small pots because they know a lot of people buy it for spots rather than its original purpose.

Debs
Total Glossip

I've personally had a lot of success with the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum to tackle those tricky break outs.  I had a travel size/sample from Birchbox last summer and haven't looked back since.  I don't use it all over, just topically and I find that they clear up in two or three days.  First day they are definitely less irritated and red.  It is quite pricey for the full size, but probably worth it in the long run as you don't need much at all.  The 7ml has lasted me a while now.   Hope you are able to get it worked out x

Charcharrrxo
Getting Lippy

Aww thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reply, you’ve really helped me xxx

Charcharrrxo
Getting Lippy

Wow that really does make sense ! Hopefully if I find the right skin care routine my skin can go back to being clear again 🤞🏽Xx

Charcharrrxo
Getting Lippy

Thanks for the tip 😍

Charcharrrxo
Getting Lippy

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy I’ve never actually heard of that brand before ! Will do some research into it xx

Debs
Total Glossip

You are so welcome Smiley Happy   I hadn't heard of it either until I received it in my box last year.   Hoping something helps for you x