cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re home hair colour advice

Lisa7
Getting Lippy

Hi, don’t know if I am doing this correctly, but I am looking for any advice about colouring my hair. I always use a home colour, but I am looking to go a little bit lighter. If you can see my profile picture you can see that I have dark brown hair, but I have been cursed with early grey roots!!😱🙇🏻‍♀️ I hate having to do my hair myself once a month at home (and after pouring the dye solution into my eye, while doing my fringe 🥺😮) I just wondered if anybody in this fab community has any ideas or suggestions which colour I should go for and how to go about it! I know this was a boring long post, but am desperate here. 🙇🏻‍♀️Xx

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Re home hair colour advice

Beauty1
Multimasker

@Lisa7  It's not a boring long post! I use L'Oreal Majirel which has so many numerous shades. It is a pain to apply, I do use a brush for the application and I leave it on for an hour ( anything less doesn't seem to colour my hair properly ). I find I bits out or the back of the hair so it's a bit hit and miss with me. 😏

Michele82
Multimasker

@Lisa7  I’m sorry for not being able to help. Dyeing hair at home is very convenient, but  such a pain at the same time. I just dyed my hair blond in a saloon and to go lighter, I would strongly advise you to look for professional help. ☺️☺️☺️😉😉😉

MFBeauty1
Multimasker

There is a dye I used the other day that isn’t meant to lighten your hair but it for sure lightened mine about 1 shade (my natural hair is dark brown it’s not slightly more warm brown and lighter) I’ll try find the name of it later on if I remember x 

NadiaS88
Getting Lippy

@Lisa7 maybe try some light brown or highlights they will cover your grey grey really good

Lisa7
Getting Lippy

@MFBeauty1 That sounds good thank you 

Lisa7
Getting Lippy

@Michele82  Hya, thank you for your reply. With you saying that you have just gone blonde (nosey me😬) looked at ur pictures, and I noticed that you were brown on them, did you gradually go blonde? How where you sure that you would suit going lighter? That’s my main concern! Thanks for helping xx

keirakim95
Nailing It

Hi, it's not a boring post and you may have sorted it by now. Have you thought about going to a training salon to get your hair colored?  Have a look in your area. I live in Birmingham and w have a great training salon in the city called reflections (they also have one in Bristol ) and it is £5 per colour treatment so cheeper or on par with some box dyes. I .have done it and the students are all supervised and the staff are on hand to help.