cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New Brands

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I thought I'd cancelled all my beauty boxes, but forgot I'd signed back up to Birchbox to get the Black Friday offer, so that came through today.  

It was actually a really good box, but I've been good and now cancelled it!  In it was a brand I'd never heard of CLE.  Has anyone ever heard of it?  The product was the Essence Moonlighter Cushion, and I got the shade Apricot Tinge.  I haven't tried it with make up yet, but tried it on a bare face, and have to say I really like it!  It's like a glow from within look (although I dare say it's buildable if you do want something more striking) and matches in with my skin tone well.  

Its got me interested in checking out the brand, but if all the items are as pricey as the highlighter is (£28) then I'm going to stick to my not buying any other makeup (for now!!) unless it's off my BP credit.  But it does appear to be an interesting brand.  

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Priya_13 Ooh sounds lovely but wow so expensive 🙄🙃

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey Well at least you had one last box to brighten dull January!

Never heard of that brand! Pretty pricey tho, but if you like the product it’s worth the money!!

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Very true on both accounts!  @Carys96  It was a nice surprise!  

Having looked at it again more heavily built built up on my hand, it is actually quite glittery, so I'm not sure about it now...will probably use it on nights out.  

Ashli
In the Spotlight

For Skincare - I too want to try out Clarins.

Makeup - I wanna try out HourGlass & Charlotte Tilbury and see if its worth the hype I keep hearing but its way too expensive!

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Hi @Carys96, I am not sure there is any brand that I am desperate (or even mildly curious) to try, as the only brand I felt this way about I am now using all the time ie. Benefit (thanks to Beauty club samples).

I have just started using a few Clarins products and my absolute fav is Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer 15G - Clarins This stuff is amazing! Smiley Happy x

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Ashli Yes, I’ve heard good things about Charlotte Tilbury too, would love to try some of her products!

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Amanda-C I love Benefit! One of my favourite beauty brands!! A lot of my make up bag is Benefit products! 

Ooh that sounds like a lovely product! 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@Amanda-C @Carys96  Benefit is a brand I haven't really ventured into much tbh.  I've tried a couple of blushers, and a bronzer that I got free on a magazine, and really liked the sound of the 'They're Real Double The Lip' lipstick, as I love the sound of it with the liner and lipstick in one.  About a couple of months back I went into Debenhams and was very disappointed in the range of colours.  All the reds were pinky reds, and in total they only had about 5 or 6 colours. 

However, I've just had an email off benefit saying the sale is still on, so I checked, and that Lippy is down from £17 something to £12 something, and they have more colours.  I could be tempted...my spending ban lasted well then huh?  😂

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey Yessss!! I’ve got the set of the They’re Real Lipsticks, this shade is my favourite!! Theyre Real! Double The Lip Lipstick 1.5G - Lusty Rose - Benefit So handy having the liner built in! They have a coral shade which is nice to but noticed there are 2 different shades and not sure which one is in the set!!

Definitely give them a go!