cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Brands

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

Fiorelli handbags are gorgeous! @Carys96  😻

I absolutely love Kiehls products for my skin, but that is the only one I haven't truely got on with, but it might be perfect for your skin.  You'll be able to return it if you have the receipt, and within 28 days of purchase.  Although (and I've never tested this), I have a feeling that even if it was outside of the 28 days they might still be willing to do something for you as I find them very very accommodating to the customer, infact I've never found a brand that has advisors that are not only helpful, but really know their stuff.  

Before I discovered the cream I'm using now, I was using a Superdrug moisturiser that literally only cost a couple of pounds.  It was great, as good as if not better than some high end brands I've tried.

Highlighted

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey That's a shame, but at least you may have a chance of finding something better that's cheaper Smiley Very Happy!

@Carys96 It is a real pain! I saw in your skincare heroes post you had the Simple oil balancing moisturiser, I have that one too and while it's ok with keeping my oil at bay, it doesn't feel moisturising enough and feels like it's rather drying. Aaahhh, where are those actually moisturising combo skin face creams??? I didn't even know about Tesco having their own creams. Woman LOL

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey The Superdrug ones get lots of pretty good reviews, I have the new Vitamin C face mask, and while it doesn't feel like it's doing much I love the smell and feel of it haha. That Vitamin C face cream is on my endless to try list too, the good thing is they have the brand guarantee as well and you can return stuff you don't like.

Just to mention another oily skin cream I've tried and was too drying was the Original Skin#8482 Willowherb Matte Moisturiser 50Ml - Origins, it's a shame as the face mask from the line is one of my favourites.

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@MiaL Melt cosmetics sounds amazing 😍😍😍

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey Will give it a try and see how I get on 🙌🏼🙌🏼

@Pineapple I loved the Simple one but they discontinued it 😩😩

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

Funnily enough, that Simple moisturiser you mention above @Pineapple is another one I've had, didn't like and my Mam inherited it!  She's still using it now, loves it, and doesn't even have oily skin!  😂

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 What!! I had no idea,  mine is still half full😂.

@DJMcCumiskey I wonder if your mum ever buys any skincare with you about 😂😂😂.  Was it too drying? Have you tried any Olay moisturisers?

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

I don't think she does tbh!  😂  The only time she did was because she wanted to try that L'Oréal rosy glow one.  Well, she got that all right...she had a reaction to it and her face went bright red!  😬

Yeah, it was too drying for me.  I have tried Olay moisturisers, it's probably one of the first brands I ever tried when I first started using skincare.  I used the Olay total effects one for years.  @Pineapple

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey I bet she learned her lesson Woman LOL.

I've got an oily skin olay moisturiser but find it a bit too oily :/.

Priya_13
High Brow

@Carys96 I spotted Houglass last year in Harvey Nichols when I went to buy Fenty gloss bomb. The products are stunning especially the range of blushers. Then I saw the price 🤦‍♀️ the blush and highlighter palette was £69! 

https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/hourglass/