cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Brands

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Priya_13 Never heard of Hourglass, what products do they sell?

I’ve only ever used one thing of ABH, which is the dipbrow pomade because I’d heard lots of good things about it! It’s good but I don’t know if it’s worth the money! I bought it when I was in America so it wasn’t too bad price wise!

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Nicolaa Yes! I’ve always wanted to try Mac lipstick! I had one for Christmas so I’m so excited to try it! 

I’m like that with Clarins, it’s expensive so need to properly look into their products before I commit to buying anything!

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I'm currently using that cream alongside my Kiehls Ultra Facial cream, and I don't know if I'm 100% convinced on it yet even though I have oily skin.  Good thing about Kiehls is you can take it back within 28 days if you don't like it. 

My husband got me some perfume for Christmas, so I'm ok for that at the moment too.  I'll probably end up getting a handbag or purse as that's what I normally buy with it!  👜  But, even though I'm being really good buying wise (I've even cancelled my last remaining beauty box!), if I see some gorgeous looking beauty item, I could still be swayed lol!  😂

@Carys96

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 I normally just look things up online first and know what I want to ask to try when I go in. I find the consultations a waste of time. If I say I have oily skin they'll say I need whatever says oily skin on it, same with any other concern.  I can do this kind of thing by myself lol. Although I actually haven't done it with Clarins so they may be a bit more informative! I also actually forgot about "Paula's Choice". I tried a set of minis for oily skin and loved it. In particular the SPF as it's so hard to find a combo skin suitable one, all of them are so greasy!

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey @Carys96 Have you tried the Neutrogena gel creams? They look like they are similar to the Kiehl's one, I liked both of them,  even the one for dry skin was not greasy and pretty nice. Much cheaper too. 😊

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Yes @Pineapple I've tried that one and didn't like it either.  I ended up giving it to my Mam which is what I always do with skincare/make up I don't like!  Surprisingly, even though she has dry skin, she actually really liked the gel texture, whereas me with the oily skin didn't.  I found that for the first few minutes after applying it it made my skin feel dry and tight, which is exactly what is happening with the Kiehl's.  It's very strange, the guy recommended it after doing the skin test, but I much prefer other creams and lotions, 

I will I'll give it another try, and if not take it back and exchange it for something else. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey Do you know which one you tried? There are 2, one is for oily skin the other one for dry, I think the dry one has less (maybe no?) fragrance so that could be a bit better. If you do try it again have in mind that they often have sales and sell them for about 6£ instead of 12! Smiley Happy Good thing you have your mum to pass things to Smiley Very Happy.

I guess maybe your skin is not as oily? Or it doesn't like the hyaluronic acid maybe, I tend to love anything that has it Smiley Very Happy. Why is there not a single holy grail product for everyone?? I think the more I try the more confused I get, there are so many brands, with so many offerings, it's overwhelming!

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

My skin is really quite oily, so that's what confuses me!  The Kiehls cream doesn't contain hyaluronic acid.  My skin does actually love stuff with that in.  

I've  just tried it again, and it's a 👎 from me, so I'll be returning it. @Pineapple 

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey@Pineapple Oh no! 

Thats rubbish, I may have to try the Kiehls then to see how I get on with it 😩 I didn’t buy it, it was a gift so will I still be able to return it if I don’t like it?

I can’t seem to find anything that suits my skin type 😭 at the minute I’m literally using a Tesco moisturiser that’s suitable for sensitive combination skin and my skin feels better then when I’ve been using expensive products 😂 the one from Tesco was £1.50 🙃

@DJMcCumiskey handbag sounds like a good idea! I love Fiorelli handbags!!

MiaL
Multimasker

Drunk Elephant and Sunday Riley are skincare brands that consistently get rave reviews, but are very expensive. Melt Cosmetics is a makeup brand, I’ve waited for over a year for it to be released in the UK as it was previously only sold in North America which would mean customs payments. They do eyeshadow stacks in gorgeous colours that are incredibly pigmented, and they’re lipliners look so buttery and nice. From Charlotte Tilbury I’d really like to try her lip liners and lipsticks, there are some eyeshadow quads and palettes as well as highlighters I’d like to try as well.