cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Brands

Carys96
Beauty Crush

What is a brand that everyone wants to try this that they’ve never used before?

I’d say mine is Clarins for skincare, I’ve always wanted to try their skincare products! 

Too Faced for make up, always liked the look of their palettes especially this one  Gingerbread Spice Eye Shadow Palette 12.6G - Too Faced# and heard great things about theBetter Than Sex Black Mascara 8Ml - Too Faced 

Please share what brands you would like to try and if there are any brands you recommend ☺️

48 REPLIES 48

Re: New Brands

MiaL
Multimasker

Most of the brands I really want to try I haven’t been able to due to price. My partner and I live off £100 per week for the both of us, so I only really have money to spend around Christmas and my birthday, and when I do have money I normally opt for cheap to mid-range items, cos I don’t really fancy spending a sixth of my money on just one product. Aaaaanywayyy...

I really want to try Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant, Melt Cosmetics and Charlotte Tilbury. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Pretty curious about Drunk Elephant and Charlotte Tilbury myself too! Also Elemis! I had a sample of their lavender face mask and absolutely adored it, also liking the face wash from the advent calendar.

As far as make up goes, I want to try MAC and Nars lipsticks, and the TooFaced original Chocolate Bar palette, the better than sex mascara too.

Do try Clarins, I had a sample goodie bag from them with the VIP event ticket purchase and looove the face creams. It had a dry skin face one and it made my skin feel amazing, but too oily. So I popped in store and picked up some for combo skin, I would definitely purchase it at some point. It makes my skin feel velvety soft not just moisturised, I don't know how to explain it. It's this one Clarins Night Cream but I want to try this Clarins Gel Cream  before I make my mind up. Saying that I'm not working right now so I can't really afford to buy things and am trying to clear my collection of all the random stuff I have already before I actually need something anyway!

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I can honestly say that at the moment, there are no new brands I want to try, and that is for two reasons.  

1, I'm loving Kiehls and how it's making my skin look and feel, so I'm sticking with it and not doing my usual thing of "Ooo that moisturiser looks good!" and ending up and alternating between about 3-4 different ones lol!   

2, Since I was gifted my Beauty Pie membership for Christmas, it has really opened my eyes to how much makeup really costs to make....and it's nowhere near £24!!  So for now, I'm going to be good and just stick to my monthly limit, luckily I'm really loving their stuff 😊👍

Having said all that, my Aunty got me a Debenhams gift card for Christmas and so if I see something I will be tempted as it feels like a treat when you're buying something with a gift card!  

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Double Post sorry!  

Priya_13
High Brow

@Carys96 I want to try Hourglass and Anastasia Beverely Hills both are quite expensive so I would have to do a bit of research before I invested in any product. I don't just want to buy a lipstick as I already have too many. 

Nicolaa
Fresh Face

I would like to try Mac lipsticks and find a good match, as I am fed up of spending money on lipsticks that don't suit. 

I am curious about Clarins, but not enough to try one of the skincare products.

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@MiaL Ooh, I’ve never heard of those apart from Charlotte Tilbury!

What sort of brands are the others? 

I would also quite like to try Charlotte Tilbury! Any particular products that you want to try or just the brand in general?

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple Yes! I’ve never even heard of Drunk Elephant! 

I’ve got oily-combination skin so it’s very difficult to find skin care products that suit much skin 😩 I would need to have a consultation I think before I commit to buying products from Clarins and I can never be bothered when I go in store 🙃 will definitely have to make the effort!

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey I’m like that 🙃 I need to stop buying things when I don’t need them! 

I had Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream 50Ml - Kiehls for Christmas because I’ve heard good things about it but I’m using up my current moisturiser first before I start using it!

Yes, I do love spending on a gift card!! You could always treat yourself to some perfume if you didn’t need make up or skin care?!