cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly sub boxes! Birch box **Spolier**

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Anyone else get a month sub box treat? I sub to glossy and Birchbox! My glossy is currently at the post office famous red card this morning 😭 but I know what’s inside and I can’t wait to collect it! Here’s this months Birchbox I must admit I’m not that keen on this months BB the last 2 months I’ve used every item but this month I will probably only use the hair mask. I’m a big fragrance lover but this isn’t my kind of fragrance it’s very rose inspired now I don’t necessarily hate flower perfumes but this one is way to over powering. It’s hit and miss with both boxes but glossy seem to be really upping the sub box game recently especially for the price! £10 per month and I’ve received high end items in 3 out of 4 boxes! I will post a picture when I get my glossy box. I have done a post previously saying what a good idea it would be if Debenhams done what Sephora does with their play subscription hopefully one day C31B634F-0124-4C31-91B1-6770D493E52D.jpeg15ml fragrance, Liquid eyeshadow,eyeshadow brush,hair mask and shower gel.

43 REPLIES 43

Re: Monthly sub boxes! Birch box **Spolier**

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

I don't subscribe to any! I wish there was an option for one with separate choices, like skincare only, makeup only, fragrance only or everything. I found ScentAddict which I'm curious about but that's it xD.

donster
Going Pro

Looks great! I have been tempted to sign up to a subscription but have seen mixed reviews with customer service related issues. Have you had any issues with Birchbox deliveries/missing products? I saw an un-boxing of the February box online, the brush looks really nice too.

I agree I would love for Debenhams  to do something similar, it would be very popular! 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@donster @I’ve only ever had one slight issue with Birchbox but that was due to the delivery company they use Hermes saying they had tried to deliver but they hadn’t but it was a different driver to my usual one. Glossy box I’ve had no issues what so ever I’d say glossy is far better that Birchbox because with glossy after every box you get a survey on the products and make like £2.50 that can then be used towards buying either limited edition glossy boxes or on look fantastic. I saved mine up last year until Black Friday. Xx

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

At @Pineapple  have you seen this one? Looks quite good £5 per month? X

3A8A33D5-ACD1-410E-84AC-A4ECB79F56E9.png

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

There's Latest in Beauty @Pineapple where you can choose your own products.  So if you only want skincare for example you can just choose that.  Or were you still wanting the surprise element too?

I got Birchbox back in November and December, but then cancelled it again.  Years ago I got Glossybox, but then they just got abit samey.  The one I got most regularly (but cancelled in December) was the Look Fantastic one.  It always had really good high end stuff in.  @SophieG1 

I  that that it would be really good if Debenhams did one too!  

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey  Was the the deluxe one? I’ve seen a few people mentioning it but hardly any one posts the contents. I was never keen on Birchbox but my brother in law got me a years sub for Christmas but I’ve liked every box apart from this one.

Glossy is getting better these days Decembers box was a bit naff but the rest haven’t been bad for the price. 

I do a 3 month sub at a time with glossy and always hunt for a discount code so each time for the 3 months I pay £30 or less but get about £7 back in glossy points.  

I really wish they would even if they were just every couple of months. 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

When you say deluxe one @SophieG1 are you meaning Birchbox?  I signed up for the Black Friday offer which was two boxes for £5 (can't remember what I got sent now?!) and got one more box after that, and then cancelled.  

I did really love the Look Fantastic boxes, but cancelled after Christmas because my husband got me a 12 months membership to Beauty Pie, and so I didn't need both.  Looking at the last two months contents, it seems that I cancelled at the right time as they weren't up to the usual standards imo, there was nothing there that really interested me.  

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@SophieG1 That's actually not too good, I just found about the Feelunique's pick'n'mix and ordered 5 fragrance samples for £3.95 and I can claim this back on anything else on the website. You can do it once a month and it includes skincare and make up too! Smiley Very Happy

@DJMcCumiskey I've never heard of this one. I had a look around and dislike how it doesn't say how big the products you are getting are. Unless I'm blind and just didn't see it, I still would try Smiley Very Happy. I like their selection and at £9 for 3 products it's not too bad at all.

On one hand I love surprises, on the other hand if I'm spending money on it I want to actually have products I'll use. I think I may try Beauty Pie as well at some point, I like the simplistic packaging too Smiley Very Happy. xx

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple  If you click on the item description, it brings up some more info about the product and tells you the size in there.  With mentioning it to you last night, it reminded me of it and I did a little order just for 3 items!  I noticed they had the Lux mousse in, full-size, and it retails for £22.50!  I'd never pay that (unless it was amazing), I think that's a ridiculous price for a mousse, so I'm expecting it to be fantastic!  

If you do ever decide to sign up to beauty pie, give me a shout and I'll give you my referral code which gives you your first month free!  😊  I actually love the packaging as well, like you say, the simplistic looks good!