cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make up resolutions 2019

SilviaP
Multimasker

Has anyone made some make up resolutions for the new year? ( I know January is gone already and I'm now asking about it but honestly don't know how January is gone already).

I want to use up the stuff I have and be more careful with what I buy and try not to be tempted with pretty offers and cute bags. I also want to use more eyeshadow as I don't use on my day to day as always in a rush.

What about everyone else ? 

39 REPLIES

Re: Make up resolutions 2019

Ashli
Multimasker

Mine is not to buy and wear less makeup and concentrate on the skin on a daily basis as we are approaching to the most horrible weather lately and I am quite lazy when it comes to skincare routines!

Ozge
Getting Lippy

I want to make sure that i get as much use from all my eye shadow palettes before i buy more, and also use all the products i own on my insta before i buy newer products. 

Metamorphic_makeup💜

adamsneddon
Total Glossip

Mine is to use up what I have and then try other things I would not have picked up also only buy when I need something because I know I don’t need 6 highlighters even though they are all pretty (if you want to know the 6 highlighters are nars Fort de France, laura geller gilded honey, dandelion twinkle. The last three are in a palette and the shades are apricot, rose and copper diamond)

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

To make sure I stick to a regular skin care routine.  In the past I become a bit complacent with it, because in general, my skin is pretty good, and if I hadn't been wearing makeup or been out, I'd be a bit lazy at night.  So I'm trying to make sure I do the whole cleanse, tone (more of an essence than a toner), serum sometimes and then moisturiser.  I didn't always feel it needed more moisturiser because it's quite oily, but now I see that it was over producing oil because it had got fairly dehydrated. 

The eye make up one is a good one too, I'm also trying to use more and learn new skills in that department.  I've never really worn much eye make up at all, never felt the need for it as I'm a lip girl first and foremost, but I did dig out an eye shadow palette yesterday!  

@SilviaP 

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

The Laura Geller gilded honey is my favourite at the moment @adamsneddon  I have a new one coming today though from Beauty Pie!  

Pineapple
Multimasker

Mine are similar to yours. I want to declutter from all the random samples I have, I want a nice and tidy looking beauty area. The only thing I want to add is more perfume, I love looking at and feeling all the bottles they bring me so much joy Woman LOL.

I've been doing good, used up a serum and 2 little cream tubs so far Smiley Happy. I've also thrown away a couple of  lipsticks which I either didn't like the colour or texture of. And I've been using eye shadow way more often than ever before, I quite enjoy it but I don't like spending too much time doing my make up lol. This is another one - I need a palette with some pinky colours in there, I'm dying to try some, I think either the Naked 3 or Cherry are calling my name.

@DJMcCumiskey Something similar has been happening to me since I've focused on moisturising  a lot. It's a really nice change  from extra oily skin all the time. 

@adamsneddonYou can never be glowy enough!  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Pineapple
Multimasker

I typed a nice long reply and it tagged it as spam for some reason Woman Sad.

@SilviaP My resolutions are similar, I've managed to use up a couple of random samples and decluttering is in full force Smiley Very Happy + yay for using eye shadow more, I actually love it (when I'm not too lazy). I'm also throwing away lipsticks I don't like, either because of colour or feel.

@DJMcCumiskey I've noticed a similar thing since I started focusing on moisturising, my skin is less oily yay! I hope it's not just a cold winter thing haha.

@adamsneddon Can you ever be too glowy really?? Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Reverse decluttering goal as well, buy more perfume! I love having many different scents and looking at and touching the bottles, they give me so much joy! xx

Highlighted

SpencerR
Total Glossip

Mine is to not wear a foundation every day, when I do want a bit of make up on I've been using the body shops fresh nude bb cream, looks nice with my bronzer and blush on top and it has a spf30 too which is a bonus! 

I've also been trying harder with my skin care routine as I use to be lazy when it came to bed time, doing it a lot earlier in the evening now and I am noticing a difference :-)) 

adamsneddon
Total Glossip

@Pineapple tbh I love glow I am currently in love with mixing two highlighters at the moment I like to mix Fort de France and copper diamond it just gives me that wet look and I love it