cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live Q&A: Sebina Hussain - Beauty Blogger

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@Susie17 wrote:

Hello, I have been struggling to find a good mascara. I love your eyes and your lashes. Which mascara would you recommend, or if you can tell me one you pesornally use? I love you by the way. You are so beautiful!! X

Hey @Susie17

Aw thanks for your sweet words. I have been loving the Emporio Armani Eccentrico mascara over the last few months, I don't even need to use a lash curler because it really lifts my lashes. I'll normally do 2-3 coats and it really volumes and curls them and i love it because they don't become clumpy or messy. It has been a real game changer for me and has meant I don't need to wear fake lashes as often as I use to! xx

Linda88
Blending In

I knows you've suggested some lipsticks that will be good for summer too, my question is what colour shadows would you pair with then to complete the autumn look?I find getting the balance of lipstick and eyeshadow quite difficult sometimes and then it looks like I'm trying too hard🙈 do you have a go to lip and shadow colour for everyday in autumn?

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@zaram wrote:

Hi sebina!I love matte lipstick but find it can make my lips look dry after a while. I always feel like gloss it too much during the day. Any tips on keeping matt looking smooth and velvety rather than dry and cracked? Thank you!

Hey Zaram. I use to have this exact problem, but there are plenty of lip products out there that are matte but not drying. I would also recommend to keep on top of moisturising your lips and using a lip pencil where you can - I've found this really helps lip colour last longer. Some of my favourite matte lip products are the Nyx Soft Matte creams - they have so many shades and as the name suggests, their matte and creamy! Bobbi brown and Smashbox also have some great matte lip products Smiley Happy 

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@Linda88 wrote:

I knows you've suggested some lipsticks that will be good for summer too, my question is what colour shadows would you pair with then to complete the autumn look?I find getting the balance of lipstick and eyeshadow quite difficult sometimes and then it looks like I'm trying too hard🙈 do you have a go to lip and shadow colour for everyday in autumn?

Hey Linda 

My top tip when it comes to lips and shadow is to balance it out, if i'm going for a dark plum or brown lipstick then I'll either skip the shadow or use a similar coloured brown very lightly in the crease. If I'm going for a heaver eye look or winged liner then I'll pair it with a subtle lip. For Autumn I prefer subtle eyes with something like Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick in shade Burning Love. Alternatively, I could opt for Blaise Buff in Matte and pair it with a brown eye shadow such as any of the gorgeous colours from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. Hope that helps Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@DaisyCR wrote:

Hey Sebina,

I'm currently on the hunt for a new long-lasting foundation, which is your favourite?

Thanks so much x 

Hey Daisy, its no secret that my fave is the Estee Lauder Double Wear - you only need a small amount, it provides full coverage without looking heavy, and they have over 50 shades (its also the worlds number 1 foundation!). They have a new lighter version too, but I personally prefer the original Smiley Happy x

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@TazK wrote:

Hey Sabina! What would be your favorite A/W fragrance? <3 

Hey Taz - You've put me on the spot. I've just about transitioned my wardrobe from summer to Autumn, but have't had a chance to do that with my fragrances yet. My favourite fragrances so far this year have been Proenza Schouler Arizona or the Armani Prive Pivoine Suzhou. Theres lots of new fragrance releases happening/pending at the moment so I'm excited to check those out - see if you can pop into store and get samples cos they all smell amazing - but the ones I'm loving at the moment are Cartier Carat and Dior Joy. Smiley Happy x

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@tibura wrote:

Hello Sebina,

Do you please have a nice red lipstick to recommend? I am looking for one for this autumn...I would like a product which will fit with my dry lips...

Also, I don't know if I should go for one vibrant red or one red with a little bit of orange color?

Many thanks for your advice!

Xoxo

Hey, so I rarely wear red lipstick - its something I save for special occasions, but I do have a few favourites. Mac Ruby Woo is an al time favourite but could be a little drying, I also love Urban Decay in shade 714 - its gorgeous - but once again its not a moisturising lipstick. If you want something thats not drying then maybe try Dior Ultra Rouge lipstick or a smash box liquid lipstick. In terms of shades, it really depends on your overall make up look and what you're comfortable with. I personally wear a deeper red with a winger liner and lashes, and wear an orangey red with a more bronzed glowy make up look. Its whatever you feel confident with Smiley Happy 

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@ct65 wrote:

Hi Sebina,

I have age spots on my face, what do you recommend to minimise or reduce these?

Catherine 

Hi Catherine, I've not tried anything for age spots before, but hoping @catherined could recommend you something? Smiley Happy 

Vimtochild
Blending In

What's the best setting powder for brown skin girls with yellow undertones? 

AK
Blending In

Hey Smiley Happy

What’s your skincare routine?