cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live Q&A: Sebina Hussain - Beauty Blogger

zaram
Fresh Face

Hi sebina!I love matte lipstick but find it can make my lips look dry after a while. I always feel like gloss it too much during the day. Any tips on keeping matt looking smooth and velvety rather than dry and cracked? Thank you!

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@brooke5 wrote:

Hi @SebinaHussain

I'm looking for a new darker lip colour for Autumn - do you have any recommendations? I have fair skin and blue eyes, but struggle to find anything to suit me that isn't nude!

Thanks x

I would recommend checking out Kat Von D - pop into store so you can swatch a few different shades and see which you like best. They have a huge selection and they're super pigmented and lasting. Kat is very fair herself and lots of her lip colours have been designed for fairer skin tones - she also has lots of options for warmer skin tones like myself! I'm not sure of an exact shade that would suit, but something like Sanctuary might be a good shade to begin with - its a cool toned brown. Good luck Smiley Happy 

Susie17
First Base

Hello, I have been struggling to find a good mascara. I love your eyes and your lashes. Which mascara would you recommend, or if you can tell me one you pesornally use? I love you by the way. You are so beautiful!! X

Asmakhanx
Winging It

Hi sebina!

I've been following you for quite a while now on youtube and Instagram, ur doing amazing. Sending all my love to u and  ur family especially little Noah. I just wanted to ask I've got double eyelids so when i put glitter eyeshadow or normal eyeshadow on it doesnt last long because my creases kind off smudge it away, and doesnt seset and last for long if that makes sense, have you got any tips or tricks that would help make it stay? 

Thank you xxx 

catherined
Beauty Crush

Hiya Sebina, what's your best advice for keeping foundation looking fresh for longer? x

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@charlotte_t wrote:

Hi Sebina!

I'm a HUGE lipstick fan. Current favourite is Tatouage Couture Matte Liquid Lipstick 6Ml - 3 - Yves Saint Laurent but am always on the hunt for a new one. What's your favourite?

Lipsticks are my guilty pleasure - with so many on the market its hard to choose one. My fail safes for when I'm unsure of what lip colour to opt for include Mac Honey Love and Mac Velvet Teddy. This summer I really loved the Emporio Armani Neo Nude Balm in shade 3 which really works with your natural lip colour. With autumn approaching, I'll be opting for darker shades such as Smashbox Be Legendary lipsticks in Femme Fatale or Plum Role. xx

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@Jules wrote:

Hi sebina , I adore your channel and have had some great tips and excellent beauty buys so I’d like to thank you for the great work that you do. 

My question is how to stop shimmer/glitter eyeshadows from transferring onto the top lid. I have tried primers and setting sprays using the wet the brush technique but I just cannot master it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Jules. Thanks for your sweet message. For glitter eyeshadows, my first tip is - less is more. You only need a small amount to make a statement and this is less likely to transfer. You have said you've already tried primers or settings sprays - which ones have you tried? I know NYX do a great range to go hand in hand with their glitters - have you tried these? Have you tried a glitter glue - I have a friend who swears by it for shimmery eyeshadows and her shadow never moves out of place. If you have oily eyelids, this can often lead to the shadow transferring so maybe tried some oil wipes before applying. Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy 

Linda88
Blending In

My friend just told me you were doing a live q&a!I just want to say I love your blog! Especially as a mum, I love how you keep things glam. I find I don't have as much time in the mornings now my little one is here! How do you priorities your make up when your short on time? Your skin always looks so glowy and flawless ❤

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@ReenaK wrote:

Hi Sebina!

I have dark circles and I use the nars concealer but it always creases! Can you recommend something for that flawless under eye finish?

Thank you, 

Hey Reena 

I swear by the Estee Lauder Colour Corrector, I have been using it for around 6 months and it is a life changer. The other day, I somehow forgot to put it on and wondered why my make up looked so off - it really conceals the under eyes, you can use it on its own or if you use a concealor on top, it really brightens up the under eye area. They have several shades of the orange one - orange, peach, apricot and tangerine - so you can really find one to suit your skin tone. You will love it! x

Highlighted

SebinaHussain
Fresh Face

@catherined wrote:

Hiya Sebina, what's your best advice for keeping foundation looking fresh for longer? x

Hey Catherine, skin care is super important! If you take care of your skin then the make up will last longer. I love using the Glam Glow Volcasmic mask once a week to give my skin some TLC and I use the Glam Glow Matte moisturiser before applying my foundation. Application is also key, so use a good buffing brush like the Clinique Buff Brush or a Beauty blender to get an even, flawless application. If you have a long day then make sure you set it in place - you can use something like the Mac Prep and Prime fix (I love opting for the coconut one!). xx