cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE Q&A: Cat and Sarah - Debenhams Beauty Editors

catherined
Beauty Crush

@Lei86_mua wrote:

I am wondering if you can help. I'm searching for a really vibrant true red eyeshadow or loose pigment & I am struggling to find a suitable one. They all seem to blend out too pink even when I build up the colour it's too pink! I've also tried applying them over a few different primers & I'm having no luck. I've tried a few brands so far but none have lived up to be the shade I'm wanting. I've currently tried Stargazer Deep Red, Illamasqua Daemon & Mac Everyone's Darling, & many from the Urban Decay palettes. Can you recommend a shade that would be more suited to what I'm wanting as I feel like I'm going round in circles trying to find something. Thanks in advance x

Hi @Lei86_mua thanks so much for your question! I have a few suggestions for this. First up: you NEED to try the Aqua Xl Colour Paint Eye Shadow 5.5Ml - Matte Red M-72 - MAKE UP FOR EVER This is absolutely great for super bold colour that doesn't budge. I always use these and you can also really easily apply shadows on the top.

My next suggestion is have you tried applying these shadows with a damp brush? I find that this really helps keep colour bold when I work with vibrant colours.

I've also seen people use liquid lipsticks as eyeshadows in the past too, and I think one of the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks would be great for this. 

I'd also suggest going into store if possible and trying products out on counter, that way you can make sure they're exactly what you want before you buy. 

I hope this helps! Let me know what works for you 😊 x

catherined
Beauty Crush

@science_geek wrote:

Hi @catherined,  thank you so much for your suggestions! I've not tried any of these so I definitely will do! I've heard a lot about the Optical Illusion Complexion Primer Travel Size 15Ml - Urban Decay what do you think of these?  I've seen a lot of rave about this one. But, the one's that you've recommended are they also good for dry skin?  I don't use a translucent  powder but I will definitely try! Do you have nay tips for contouring I'm so bad at doing it and it always looks like a brown blob! Thanks once again @catherined  ☺️ xxx

Hi @science_geek 😊 I really like that Urban Decay primer, but I find the others I mentioned are a lot creamier in texture and create more of a intense base. Also because they're so creamy and hydrating (great for dry skin!), they keep your skin nourished so it then won't overproduce oil. 

I think my biggest tip for contouring is find the tools that work best for you. If I have the right brush I am really good at it, but without the right brush I end up looking horrible! I would recommend long bristled, fluffy brushes like the Duo Fibre Face Brush No. 187 - MAC Cosmetics or 139 Duo Fibre Tapered Face Brush - MAC Cosmetics . Also, start with applying less product, blend and then layer slowly so you can see exactly how much you need. My last tip is make sure you're applying your makeup in good lighting! I've sometimes thought I look like Kim K then step into natural light and see I'm more like a clown than Kardashian. If I don't have good lighting available, I turn the flashlight on the back of my phone, hold it up next to my mirror and use that as a light xx

catherined
Beauty Crush

Our time is unfortunately up! Thanks everyone for your questions - we hope that we've helped.

If you have any other beauty questions, go ahead and create a thread with them and other members of the Community will be sure to help.

See you next time 💖

science_geek
Going Pro

Thank you for the advice @catherined! That contouring technique sounds great I will definitely have a go at doing it that way I usually start off with a lot of product and take it from there and use a concentrated brush. I will let you know how I get on with using your technique! As for the primers, I will try the Bobbi Brown vitamin enriched face base first and let you know how I get on and as for the other primers I'll do the same! Also does the powder come in one colour? 

Sorry for all my questions! xx

catherined
Beauty Crush

@science_geek wrote:

Thank you for the advice @catherined! That contouring technique sounds great I will definitely have a go at doing it that way I usually start off with a lot of product and take it from there and use a concentrated brush. I will let you know how I get on with using your technique! As for the primers, I will try the Bobbi Brown vitamin enriched face base first and let you know how I get on and as for the other primers I'll do the same! Also does the powder come in one colour? 

Sorry for all my questions! xx

Heya @science_geek I hope that works out for you lovely, definitely let me know Smiley Happy yes, the HD Powder just comes in the one translucent shade. Haha not a problem, I'm happy to help! Xx 

Highlighted

Einstein
Getting Lippy

@catherined late to the party but can you recommend a good foot scrub?

Thanks!