cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE Q&A: Cat and Sarah - Debenhams Beauty Editors

SarahS
Beauty Club Crew

@science_geek wrote:

Hi @SarahS, thanks for your suggestions! I've tried using the midnight recovery cleansing oil morning and night but I seem to break out and my skin goes too oily - if you see what I mean. So I spoke to a Kiehl's advisor who said to try using a separate cleanser for morning and keep up with the midnight recovery cleansing oil for the night. I'm just not yet able to find a suitable cleanser for the day yet  but, do you have any other suggestions maybe apart from Kiehl's? ☺️ xx

Hi @science_geek, another one I would recommend is Clarifying Cleanser 200Ml - Murad. Give it a try, I really like the gel like formula x

@Teganjonesx wrote:

Also which facial Exfoliator do you recommend which makes your skin look fresh and glowing after exfoliating and that actually works well? Thanks xxx

Hi @Teganjonesx I absolutely love acid exfoliators for this rather than harsher scrubs as they are more delicate on skin but still do a great job at resurfacing skin and leaving it glowing. My favourite is the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner xx

Hi Cat! What can you recommend for keeping fake tan looking good for as long as poss? Thanks ! <3 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ladies!

I have really dry lips at the moment, do you have any tips to help with this? I love wearing darker lipsticks but not with dry lips...

x

science_geek
Getting Lippy

Thank you! I definitely will do - is there a primer that you'd really recommend? I am looking to buy a new one as, my main issue with foundation is that it slips and slides off of my nose and makes it look cakey.  ☺️ xx

@TazK wrote:

Hi Cat! What can you recommend for keeping fake tan looking good for as long as poss? Thanks ! <3 

Hi @TazK ❤️️ I think the key to this is a good moisturiser! Try the Creme De Corps The Original Rich Nourishing Cream 250Ml - Kiehls and on the final days of your tan give it a little boost with a gradual tan moisturiser like the Sisley Self Tanning Hydrating Body Lotion

@EllenL wrote:

Hi ladies!

I have really dry lips at the moment, do you have any tips to help with this? I love wearing darker lipsticks but not with dry lips...

x

Hi @EllenL this is the story of my life so definitely know what can help you! I always apply the Givenchy Rouge Perfecto lip balm before applying my lipstick and at the end of the day when I have no lipstick on I treat them with the #Poutmud Wet Lip Balm Treatment Mini 7G - Birthday Suit - GLAMGLOW ❤️️

@science_geek wrote:

Thank you! I definitely will do - is there a primer that you'd really recommend? I am looking to buy a new one as, my main issue with foundation is that it slips and slides off of my nose and makes it look cakey.  ☺️ xx

Hi @science_geek 💖 my favourite ever primers for keeping makeup looking like its just been applied are the Vitamin Enriched Face Primer 15Ml - Bobbi Brown and Good Hydrations#8482 Silky Face Primer 30Ml - . - bareMinerals - they are both SO good. Also, have you tried a translucent setting powder after applying your foundation? My nose gets really oily and the Ultra Hd Loose Powder 8.5G - MAKE UP FOR EVER is the best for keeping my skin really matte and balanced. I literally only apply it once at the start of the day and my makeup stays put all day! Hope this helps 😊 xx

Lei86_mua
Getting Lippy

I am wondering if you can help. I'm searching for a really vibrant true red eyeshadow or loose pigment & I am struggling to find a suitable one. They all seem to blend out too pink even when I build up the colour it's too pink! I've also tried applying them over a few different primers & I'm having no luck. I've tried a few brands so far but none have lived up to be the shade I'm wanting. I've currently tried Stargazer Deep Red, Illamasqua Daemon & Mac Everyone's Darling, & many from the Urban Decay palettes. Can you recommend a shade that would be more suited to what I'm wanting as I feel like I'm going round in circles trying to find something. Thanks in advance x

science_geek
Getting Lippy

Hi @catherined,  thank you so much for your suggestions! I've not tried any of these so I definitely will do! I've heard a lot about the Optical Illusion Complexion Primer Travel Size 15Ml - Urban Decay what do you think of these?  I've seen a lot of rave about this one. But, the one's that you've recommended are they also good for dry skin?  I don't use a translucent  powder but I will definitely try! Do you have nay tips for contouring I'm so bad at doing it and it always looks like a brown blob! Thanks once again @catherined  ☺️ xxx