cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you got an email in order to collect your FREE sample????????

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Hey lovely ones Smiley Happy

I went into my local store yesterday and was able to get my sample, but it was NOT as easy as it should have been! Smiley Sad

When I asked the lady for the sample she asked me for my beauty card (no problem, I have had mine for well over 10 years) BUT she also asked me for the email!!!!!!!!!! WHAT email?????? I have not received beauty card emails for a year or so (along with many other community members I have heard on this site)!

Apparently we now get emails which we have to have to show along with our beauty card!

The lady said that the emails only get sent out to the loyal customers ( WOW that bit hurt as I have been a VERY loyal Debenhams customer for 13-14 years and have the points on both my beauty card and store card to prove it) who will get the samples which completely contradicts what is said in the latest blog post ( I have underlined the important bit! See below)

''How do I pick up my free sample?

Our beauty club box is an exclusive benefit for all of our Beauty Club Card holders. Simply present your card at the Urban Decay counter (or the fragrance counter if there is no Urban Decay counter) in your local Debenhams store. Don't own a Beauty Club Card? Don’t worry it’s really easy to join, just click here and fill out your details and a card will be sent you in the post within 30 days, or you can pick one up from your nearest store.''

To be fair the lady I spoke to did give me the sample (this time) and on going back to her later, (as I was actually rather upset and hurt by the insinuation that I was not a loyal customer) did ring up customer services on my behalf to try and sort it all out. Sadly customer services NEVER called me back as promised so I am still no better off! Smiley Sad

Who has been getting an email then?  x5af549fb8335bf9a9f78f8572e16e9cf.jpg

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Have you got an email in order to collect your FREE sample????????

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Amanda-C I responded to the other one and just realised it's not what I thought lol!! They have asked me for this like once or twice before??? But haven't in a loooong time, they do ask me to give them my email address so they can do whatever when I get a sample though. Don't know! And I agree not everyone gets those emails so it's sad!!! Smiley Sad((( Did you end up getting it or not???

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Yes @Pineapple  I did get my sample Smiley Happy I think the lady is the manager of the beauty department, but I would have gone higher if need be! Smiley Wink x

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

That's bad @Amanda-C  ☹️  Even say someone doesn't spend much at the moment they could in the future, and so have potential to become a "loyal customer"...if spending lots of money all the time is what they are basing it on. 

Those samples are for anyone with a beauty card, and she was wrong to  otherwise. 

Ive never been asked to show an email, but they always ask for my email address.  I do get a monthly email detailing how many points I have etc, and I'm sure it tells you about the sample at the bottom of that.  I didn't realise that for a long time though as I never used to scroll down enough.  

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Amanda-C , I'm so sorry you had this negative experience in one of our stores and that you felt that you're not valued as one of our loyal customers (you definitely are!). I'm looking into this for you now and I'll get get back to you as soon as I have an update, I'm glad you received your sample and the only thing I can think why you may not have received an email could be because you've not opted into our Marketing emails, customer service will be able to help you out with this so probably best to email heretohelp@debenhams.com to check you've opted in!x

Beauty1
Beauty Icon

@Amanda-C , Although I have shopped at Debenhams for zillion years, I didn't get the beauty card until 4 years ago in a moment of weakness. I didn't know there were free samples and birthday treats until last year when I suddenly received an email from Debenhams advising me of this. That email stopped end of last year, so I thought the samples had stopped as well. But when I joined this community in March 2019, I realised the samples were still around, I just missed out on them. In 4 years I have had about 6 samples and no birthday treats yet, that's rather a poor record I think, but considering other retailers don't give anything at all, then  6 samples is certainly better than nothing. My birthday is coming up so hopefully I will experience a birthday this year, fingers crossed. Smiley Indifferent

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Thank you @TazK  Smiley Happy I have opted into everything that Debenhams can ever send me as I am a very loyal lover of Debenhams and have been for years.

I have also tried customer services numerous times over the years in regards to the email business as I stopped getting emails in relation to my online orders about 4 years ago too. It went as far as head office and they rang me up with an apology over missing emails and sent me a voucher, but the problem still exists.

Now I have to go online and log into my account in order to get updates on any orders placed and beauty card points etc.

I just gave up to be honest until yesterday's hassle made me realise I am now going to miss out on the beauty samples too! Smiley Sad x

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

@DJMcCumiskey  I used to get an email too with my points and the sample that was available, but that just stopped about a year ago. I figured they had just stopped sending out the emails! Smiley Sad x

JennnCore
Beauty Icon

Sorry it made you feel poopy! Smiley Sad

I opt in to all emails but I dont seem to get any either 🖤

keirakim95
Nailing It

I have never received a Single email about any of the beauty card freebies. Only my monthly statement and community emails. But then again I have never been asked for emails.