cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EMPTIES - What do you do with yours? Collect free Deluxe Samples with your empties like i do!

Multimasker

Hi all,

I have a question for you, what do you do with your empties?

I go through a lot of products, this means a lot of plastic unfortunately.  There are a few brands out that that offer sample/travel products when you recycle your empties with them.

Origins - Concession stands

At Origins you can hand in and brand cosmetic packaging in return for a stamp on your recycling card.  Once you have 6 stamps you can pickup a deluxe sample (min. size 15ml).  I have picked up samples of the Plantscription serum 15ml, Glow Co Nuts mask 15ml and Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask 30ml.  You can only receive one stamp per visit.

Origins Stamp.jpg

Kiehls - Standalone Stores only

Recycle & Be rewarded Program is a newly launched program for Kiehls.  The empties must be from Kiehls but these can be full size and travel size items.  Once you have collected 10 stamps you can choose a travel sized item.  I have not filled a card yet, but I am glad that in the last month I happened to finish 4 items from Kiehls so still have the packaging ready to hand in to them.

Kiehls Recycle Card.png

Enjoy!

@myskinstastory
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: EMPTIES - What do you do with yours? Collect free Deluxe Samples with your empties like i do!

All Eyes on Me

I have contacted Kiehls in the past regarding there empty bottles/stamp system but never had a reply.

I did not know about the origins one though, thank you.

Highlighted

Re: EMPTIES - What do you do with yours? Collect free Deluxe Samples with your empties like i do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no idea about these!!!!

Just went around and asked, Kiehl's have it only for their products and Origins will take anything even empty samples, so I picked a card and 1 stamp from them Smiley Very Happy, they will be seeing me often for sure. Thank you so much for this! I've just been throwing things away, all the waste! I like knowing there is such a good recycling scheme Smiley Happy.

Highlighted

Beauty Icon

Wow I did not know this thank you 😊 

Highlighted

Multimasker

@Angelprincess87 

In regards to Kiehls it is only the Boutique (freestanding stores) that do this scheme and it only opened in the mast month or so I believe.

This month they are also giving a deluxe sample of the Ultra Facial Cream when u bring in any brand moisturiser empty, it only needs to be 1 empty product to get this sample.  Again this is only in Kiehls Boutiques (freestanding stores).

@myskinstastory
Highlighted

Beauty Icon

@ReenaD  Wow I did not know about these aswell as I am a HUGE fan of Kiehls and Origins - Guess I will be taking more trips down there haha I only knew about Back2Mac which I usually do but stopped now as I have WAY TOO MANY lipsticks thst needs to be used up still

Highlighted

High Brow

Didn't know about those. But you can also do:

- Mac: take 6 empties get a lipstick 

- Lush: take 5 empties get a small mask 

Highlighted

Perfectly Primed

ve heard about these type of schemes but never seen any. I think L'occitane doing something and I know Lush do something similar. I personally put all my plastic out for our kerbside recycling collection. x

Highlighted

All Eyes on Me

@Anonymous definitely agree with you there, i will be going to my local origins counter next week to hopefully pick up a recycling stamp card and start collecting, i have empty products and samples already.

Highlighted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelprincess87 I'm up to 3 now! And have another 4 empties, they said they take samples too Smiley Happy.