cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dry body brush

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

I just bought one yesterday and I'm going to have a go this morning. Does anyone use one? If so how often and what difference have you noticed please?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dry body brush

Fiona_Jayne
Nailing It

Before every shower/bath! I have a real problem with tiny bumps on the backs of my legs and arms. But this combination of this and a moisturiser really helps

Elle18
Total Glossip

What are the benefits from dry body brushing? @Priya_13

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

I have already noticed a difference on the backs of my arms. My skins a lot softer and to be fair it doesn't take that long to do before a shower. And yes, the skin absorbs moisturiser a lot better too. 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

It exfoliates the skin, improves skin texture and pores, helps with cellulite and improves circulation. I think you are supposed to start at the feet and work your way up to the stomach then go to the palms of the hands and work down to the stomach. A combination of straight and circular strokes or so I have read somewhere. I've already seen an improvement in my skin. 

Elle18
Total Glossip

ah ok, what sort of brush would you recommend?? @Priya_13

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@Elle18 I just got one from the body shop. There's 30% off online at the moment so only cost £6. Needs to be replaced every 6-12 months so it's good value.  Body shop body brush

Elle18
Total Glossip

BARGAIN!!!

thanks for link lovely x @Priya_13

Einstein
Getting Lippy

@Priya_13 I am bumping this up.

I have had a brush for years but avoid using it because I fear it is damaging my skin (as opposed to brushing off dead skin).

Does your skin go red after you brush? Does it hurt?

I have a wooden boar bristle one.

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

I've been using this every other day. I do gentle strokes and then gentle circular motions. I've not had any issue with my skin, it feels a lot smoother especially on the backs of my arms where I had chicken skin, it's cleared up.  I use loads of body oil after my shower too.