cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December freebie !!

VK
Getting Lippy

I happen to be in Gloucester on 23 December. As I saw Debenhams, just thought of checking my freebie. And luckily I did receive one. Amazing full size sample of Aveda Rituals shower foaming gel. Was very pleased. On using it, I must say not my type of scent. A bit strong for me. My daughter loves it though. Lovely texture and leaves skin soft and silky smooth.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: December freebie !!

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

I got mine a few weeks back now, but have that many shower gels etc that I still haven't tried it yet!  

Highlighted

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@VK It has the most caressing texture I've ever felt in a body wash, I love it! Smiley Very Happy

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

I was blessed enough to pick mine up in Bristol on Saturday 5th Jan 2019! My husband and I were staying there for the weekend for my birthday and as I hadn't managed to get to any store when it was released back in December I thought I would ask on the off chance! They had loads they said! 

I was surprised at the texture as it said it was foaming and given the type of packaging I pumped loads into my hands expecting a foam and was surprised it came out as a gel! I realised quite quickly that this gel foams up beautifully to a lovely lather and you do not need much to get a rich lather either! Smiley Wink I was a bit disappointed by the scent as both rose and almond are favs. of mine but together it smelt a bit like an elderly ladies perfume! Still, it's nice to have a new shower product but I would not buy it due to the scent. x

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

I still haven't used mine in the shower yet, but I tried some when I was washing my hands the other day.  I have had a rituals shower gel before (the rice milk and cherry blossom) and I really liked it, but this one not so much.  It'll be good for when I'm shaving my legs due to the thick foam, so I'll just use it for that.  

@Amanda-C  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that it smells like an elderly ladies perfume!  I really did not like the scent at all.  🤢  I hadn't realised it was rose and almond...those are two of my least favourite scents.  

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Ha ha @DJMcCumiskey Smiley Very Happy  Its not a bad smell, it just smelt like something my lovely Granma would have worn! It's funny, being those two scents I absolutely love it just didn't smell like them! I am a massive L'Occitane almond fan which smells amazing, but this was nothing as I expected! Smiley Happy x

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

I took against it straight away lol!  😂  It reminded me of something my granny would use too!  

I havent tried the l'occitane almond range, but I guess as long as it doesn't have that marzipan/bakewell scent then I'd probably like it!  

@Amanda-C

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

I doubt you would like it then @DJMcCumiskey as its very marzipany! x

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

That's good to know @Amanda-C thanks for the warning!