So today I cracked open my new Eyeko eyeliner from my Latest in Beauty box, and I was not a fan at all! I had high hopes because @Beauty1 gifted me a mini one in June and it was super black and had a decent sized tip, so I was looking forward to having the full sized version. Anyways, this inspired me to pull out of a few of my black eyeliners and do a mini review for each because they definitely are not created equally!
I know it looks god awful, but I cannot draw a straight line to save my life, plus this is messy business 😂 Anyways, if it doesn't hurt your eyes too much, I've done the swatches on my arm to show the consistency and colour from each one, as well as the tips in the other photo (both are in the same order)
1. Eyeko mini - goes super black and has a pretty big tip, but honestly would not want much bigger! A good little guy to pop in your hand bag and to use on heavier make up days, but does have a bit of fall out by the end of the day.
2. Eyeko full sized - the tip is WAY TOO BIG and I don't know why, but it always drags on your eyelid no matter what! It is impossible to get a smooth straight line with this eyeliner, and worst of all, it does crumble off after a few hours. this is another example of a super hyped product that just didn't do it for me.
4. Tarte Sex Kitten eyeliner - this has been a long time favourite of mine because it goes on blacker than any other eyeliner I have seen, and the packaging is super cute! (the lid is shaped like a cat head). This was always actually my go to for a long time... it always seemed to give me a perfect line every time and was always easy to apply - perfect for shaky hangover days
5. Code8 liquid eyeliner - I got this is the Latest in. Beauty style box, and as far as I'm concerned, it is the creme de la creme of eyeliners! It is the only one I have that is made in the Uk, and is also the most expensive one I own 😩 It's hard to see in the pic, but the tip is actually a brush, compared to being a felt tip like the others. It goes on dark and gives the finest lines known to man. I love the luxe silvery tube as well, and it dries pretty much instantly and stays put all day.
6. Tattoo Liner Liquid Eyeliner 0.55Ml - Trooper - Kat Von D - Got this in the Debenhams advent calendar and I've never been a fan of it, despite rave reviews. I think because it IS vegan, it is lacking the beeswax which keeps it from crumbling away after a few hours. Anyways, despite having a nice tip, it never went dark enough for me, and always wore off after a few hours. Am I the only one this has happened to?
7. Anna Sui liquid liner - I don't know why, but it is getting harder and harder to getting eyeliner that you dip in a pot! I actually prefer dipping and will snap up dippers wherever I can because I feel like you get more control of how much comes out! in the picture it doesn't look great, but this also has a very tiny tip which is perfect for getting between eyelashes and adding more detail. On the flip side, it's pretty difficult to remove! I end up looking like a raccoon at the end of the day! At least the bottle is pretty
Curious to hear if any of you agree with my comments, and also if you have found "the one" in eyeliner land xx
@bonnieburton thanks for review, i actually don't use eyeliners, because i can't draw smooth line amd always was using eyepencils! Bit if i will decided ti try one at least i will have an idea which one better to choose!
Great review! Thanks for being honest as I was going to place an order for my LIB box just for the eyeliner! Won’t be doing that now! My absolute fave liners are the EL one you showed, the KVD tattoo liner and my latest purchase, the Benefit roller liner! @bonnieburton
@bonnieburton yes it's a big minus of pencils and most of them not staying really long! The one which was on o2 priority from Marc Jacobs is quite good, waterproof. Didn't try Pixi, but will take a look and try it!