cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very messy black eyeliner review

bonnieburton
Living the Highlight

So today I cracked open my new Eyeko eyeliner from my Latest in Beauty box, and I was not a fan at all! I had high hopes because @Beauty1 gifted me a mini one in June and it was super black and had a decent sized tip, so I was looking forward to having the full sized version. Anyways, this inspired me to pull out of a few of my black eyeliners and do a mini review for each because they definitely are not created equally!

I know it looks god awful, but I cannot draw a straight line to save my life, plus this is messy business 😂 Anyways, if it doesn't hurt your eyes too much, I've done the swatches on my arm to show the consistency and colour from each one, as well as the tips in the other photo (both are in the same order)

1. Eyeko mini - goes super black and has a pretty big tip, but honestly would not want much bigger! A good little guy to pop in your hand bag and to use on heavier make up days, but does have a bit of fall out by the end of the day.

2. Eyeko full sized - the tip is WAY TOO BIG and I don't know why, but it always drags on your eyelid no matter what! It is impossible to get a smooth straight line with this eyeliner, and worst of all, it does crumble off after a few hours. this is another example of a super hyped product that just didn't do it for me.

3. Little Black Liner 0.9G - Est�©e Lauder - This is a fabulous product! it's about £20, and as EL usually has free gifts, it's a very good little add on. I love this eyeliner because it is double ended, and actually has 3 different thicknesses you can choose from! It also goes on super black and super smooth, and well and truly stands the test of time. The only thing I can fault it on is that it is watery, so it can be a bit messy to apply. Otherwise, big thumbs up Smiley Happy

4. Tarte Sex Kitten eyeliner - this has been a long time favourite of mine because it goes on blacker than any other eyeliner I have seen, and the packaging is super cute! (the lid is shaped like a cat head). This was always actually my go to for a long time... it always seemed to give me a perfect line every time and was always easy to apply - perfect for shaky hangover days Smiley Wink

5. Code8 liquid eyeliner - I got this is the Latest in. Beauty style box, and as far as I'm concerned, it is the creme de la creme of eyeliners! It is the only one I have that is made in the Uk, and is also the most expensive one I own 😩 It's hard to see in the pic, but the tip is actually a brush, compared to being a felt tip like the others. It goes on dark and gives the finest lines known to man. I love the luxe silvery tube as well, and it dries pretty much instantly and stays put all day.

6. Tattoo Liner Liquid Eyeliner 0.55Ml - Trooper - Kat Von D - Got this in the Debenhams advent calendar and I've never been a fan of it, despite rave reviews. I think because it IS vegan, it is lacking the beeswax which keeps it from crumbling away after a few hours. Anyways, despite having a nice tip, it never went dark enough for me, and always wore off after a few hours. Am I the only one this has happened to?

7. Anna Sui liquid liner - I don't know why, but it is getting harder and harder to getting eyeliner that you dip in a pot! I actually prefer dipping and will snap up dippers wherever I can because I feel like you get more control of how much comes out! in the picture it doesn't look great, but this also has a very tiny tip which is perfect for getting between eyelashes and adding more detail. On the flip side, it's pretty difficult to remove! I end up looking like a raccoon at the end of the day! At least the bottle is pretty Smiley Tongue

Curious to hear if any of you agree with my comments, and also if you have found "the one" in eyeliner land xx

IMG_0368.JPGIMG_0367.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

Re: A very messy black eyeliner review

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@bonnieburton  Have you seen the one Huda is bringing out? Life liner? It’s liquid one end and pencil the other apparently it’s 48 hr 😱

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Also thanks for doing this showing us all the different ones I think of I was to buy any it would be either the Too Faced one or the Fenty fly liner.

NadiaS88
Multimasker

@bonnieburton thanks for review, i actually don't use eyeliners, because i can't draw smooth line amd always was using eyepencils! Bit if i will decided ti try one at least i will have an idea which one better to choose!

bonnieburton
Living the Highlight

@NadiaS88 @SophieG1 I don't use pencils because usually they melt down my oily face! That being said, I do have a Pixi one which is good in case of emergency Smiley Tongue probably the only pencil liner I like!

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@bonnieburton  hey lovely thku for that review of loads of diffrent eyeliners 

So i got the eyeko which our lively @DJMcCumiskey  kindley sent me an on that note hello lovely @DJMcCumiskey  where are you missing you loads in here hope your well.

Maybe on holiday somewere☀️☀️☀️

Ok @bonnieburton back to u ☺ i have  these 3

15669751727168469473781981105485.jpg

Eyeko i liked it defo nice colour not so in ur face bold an shiney if u know wht i mean

The benifit roller is so sleek and very dark its not an everyday thing for me but the best one is my rimmel exaggarte love it so much i swipw an perfect cat eyes.

I also use the maybeliene dip one its another fav and i have a clinique on yet to try😎

So il show u the tips

15669754097825716648074781810966.jpg

TH130199
High Brow

Great review! Thanks for being honest as I was going to place an order for my LIB box just for the eyeliner! Won’t be doing that now! My absolute fave liners are the EL one you showed, the KVD tattoo liner and my latest purchase, the Benefit roller liner! @bonnieburton 

bonnieburton
Living the Highlight

@TH130199 I wasn't a great big fan of this month's Lib selection to be honest! I've got high hope for next month though as there will be a NARS product. Fingers crossed!

@TH130199 @Boss786 I've been meaning to try the roller liner, it looks fab! Thanks for sharing @Boss786, I used to use that pot eyeliner as well, it's great! 

NadiaS88
Multimasker

@bonnieburton yes it's a big minus of pencils and most of them not staying really long! The one which was on o2 priority from Marc Jacobs is quite good, waterproof. Didn't try Pixi, but will take a look and try it! 

Beauty1
Beauty Icon

Lovely detailed reviews @bonnieburton  and swatches. It's a shame Eeyko didn't live up to your expectations, but at least you know now. Hopefully you will find something far more suitable.