cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1st Birthday LIVE Q&A: Debenhams Beauty Team

@Frances261 wrote:

Birthday Celebrations!

Thanks for the chance to post a question for tomorrow. 

As a Diamond Girl, yes I’m 60, I now find after my full cleansing, serum routine and applying foundation etc, my skin lacks glow and as the day goes on, tends to look dry and tired.

Help please, what do you suggest I try?

Hi @Frances261 Have you tried the Elizabeth Arden Prevage range? I'd recommend popping to see one of their fabulous consultants in store! Prevage Skincare Gift Set - Elizabeth Arden 

The Guerlain Abeille Royale range also gets rave reviews!!

Abeille Royale Age-Defying Skincare Gift Set - GUERLAIN 

x

#el

charlotte_t
Nailing It

@Areej wrote:

OMG I have  got loads of questions to ask ❤️

My questions are :

TO @EllenL from the last two months I’ve been suffering from a problem with my right eyelid, specifically a blocked duct which is much much better now, I feel it might have happened  from rubbing my eyes too much due to hay fever, I usually apply eye pencil on my upper waterline, I’m not  sure how safe it is to apply it there I saw it on YouTube. Is this a normal thing ?  Currently I’m avoiding it till I’m better. But In the future would it be safe to carrying on doing so?

also can you please suggest me your most favourite liquid eyeliner?

To @TazK Im still struggling with eyeshadow blending, I still tend to use my fingers to apply shadow, please can you suggest an easy technique for blending colours together?, I’m only brave enough to apply single shadow colours, I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos, I still feel my blending is too messy.

also please let me know which is your most favourite eyeshadow palette?

To @DaisyCR since joining this community I’ve really started taking care of my skin, which I never did prior. I’ve found my perfect toner, but still searching for the perfect moisturiser. can you suggest me your favourite moisturiser? My skin is kind of dry so I’m looking for something hydrating. With so many brands and choices, it’s hard to pick one and stick to it.

TO Charlotte - Im looking for a perfume to gift to my sister, me and her never got along as kids and even in our teens, we just recently hit it off and have become kind of close, and I would love to gift her something special, please suggest me a perfume I can give to my sister, that will make her happy and most of all remind her of me when she uses it 🙂 

TO Sophie - I currently use Urban decay primers as that was the first brand I went to when I started to wear makeup so I kind of feel loyal to that brand 🙈, can you suggest me another primer from another brand that will help me break away from the habit  of using everything from one brand.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE ❤️🙏

Hi @Areej ! This is such a lovely idea to get her a new fragrance! I would recommend Because Its You Eau De Parfum - ARMANI - not only does this have an amazing scent, the name is poignant and would mean something to you both! XX

Community Manager
Community Manager

@pinky2050 wrote:

wow Happy 1st Birthday 🎁💃😘💕💕

As I m very much into Skincare.... My question from all of you is pls tell me a best skincare day and night cream for DRY skin.....and what you ladies are currently using?

and I also would love to know that whats your current favourite fragrances?

basically I want to know everything about you guys....a bit cheeky but I hope you guys wont mind....but would love to know all of your favourite products in beauty and skincare 💅👄💃and what you guys recommend.

Hey! Thank you Smiley Happy

I'm currently using the new Estee Lauder ANR Intense Reset Concentrate Serum

around once a week on top of Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex Ii Serum - Est�©e Lauder  - to really pack in the hydration you could top this with the new Revitalizing Supreme + Night cream

My current fave fragrance has to be the new YSL Libre! It smells just divine! x

Hue_beauty
Perfectly Primed

I'm actually laughing at myself for trying to keep out with everyone's questions asked as so I don't seem repetitive so I do apologise if my next two are.... 😅😅😅

Okay

1. Do you have a particular perfume that links you to a cringy memory?

2. What's your opinion on the hourglass face veil primer and is it really the strongest stay put primer there is on the market?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Laurie_23 wrote:

I’ve started a new skincare routine:

1 dermalogica pre cleanse 

2 Micellar water to remove any makeup I missed 

3 the ordinary hydrochloric acid 

However, I’ve noticed my skin is going dry and I haven’t ever struggled with dry skin before. Any tips would be appreciated please! 💕

Hey @Laurie_23 

I would maybe switch out the micellar water for a cream cleanser? The Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser 150Ml - ELEMIS  is amazing!

And add a moisturiser to your routine, my fave is Glow Starter™ Mega Illuminating Moisturiser 50G - Pearl Glow - GLAMGLOW and I always use an SPF in the day, Invisiblur Spf 30 Travel Size Face Serum 10Ml - Murad is fab as it's a two-in-one product, SPF and primer! 

xxx

SophR
Winging It

@Em_blonde wrote:

Hi, and congratulations on the success of the 1st year! The biggest and toughest but now to keep it going. I have joined a short while ago and realised what I’m missing. I have shared this with friends!

question: as a busy mum of 2 (2 & 5) and working full time I feel like I have spent the last 6 years either being pregnant or being mumsy (haha!) I want to venture in to this amazing beauty wonderland of eyeshadows and flawless skin. Could I have a ‘must have’ for this capsule of make up that won’t take me forever but make me feel good! 

Thanks

emma 

Hey @Em_blonde !

Thank you! We're so happy you're here and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. 

Palettes are a fab way to find what your favourite shades and experiment. For shadow,  Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette 18 X 0.95G - Too Faced  has a range of lighter and darker shades if you want a more intense look. For face, Limited Edition Cheekleaders Bronze Squad Makeup Palette 34G - Benefit  is one I take everywhere with me as it's just one palette with all the steps you need.

Soph x

charlotte_t
Nailing It

@Clare1984 wrote:

Hi

My question is what is the best new perfume release that is original, groundbreaking and stands out from all the rest?

Thanks

Clare

Hi Clare - I loved the Gucci Memoire launch, it has such a distinctive smell that stands out from all the rest, plus it's unisex. It is also based on a historic fragrance from the fashion house!

Also the new Lancome Idole launch - it is the worlds slimmest fragrance, the bottle is so eye-catching. Also it is refillable so bonus points for the planet! XX

makeup-addict
Multimasker

It was so lovely to meet the team yesterday, I had so much fun thank you!!

My question is for @EllenL for eye makeup.

What’s your best tip on finding the right colours to suit your skin tone and eye colour x

Areej
Beauty Icon

@charlotte_t That’s such a brilliant idea I love the name of the Perfume, I’m definitely going to get her this one. 🙂 and I might treat myself as well. Thank you super happy ❤️🙂🙂🙂

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Laurie_23 wrote:

I’ve started a new skincare routine:

1 dermalogica pre cleanse 

2 Micellar water to remove any makeup I missed 

3 the ordinary hydrochloric acid 

However, I’ve noticed my skin is going dry and I haven’t ever struggled with dry skin before. Any tips would be appreciated please! 💕

Hey Laurie

Sounds like you need a rich/nourishing serum and moisturiser to really lock in that routine? Your serum is essentially the most important part of your routine, as that's going to contain all the elements you want to change in your skin - brightening, reducing lines and wrinkles etc. 

The new Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum 50Ml - Lanc� me  is packed with tonnes of prebiotics that'll nourish that skin, then definitely top with a rich moisturiser to restore that hydration - Super Restorative Moisturising Night Cream 50Ml - Clarins is lovely Smiley Happy x