Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1st Birthday LIVE Q&A: Debenhams Beauty Team

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Areej wrote:

OMG I have  got loads of questions to ask ❤️

My questions are :

TO @EllenL from the last two months I’ve been suffering from a problem with my right eyelid, specifically a blocked duct which is much much better now, I feel it might have happened  from rubbing my eyes too much due to hay fever, I usually apply eye pencil on my upper waterline, I’m not  sure how safe it is to apply it there I saw it on YouTube. Is this a normal thing ?  Currently I’m avoiding it till I’m better. But In the future would it be safe to carrying on doing so?

also can you please suggest me your most favourite liquid eyeliner?

To @TazK Im still struggling with eyeshadow blending, I still tend to use my fingers to apply shadow, please can you suggest an easy technique for blending colours together?, I’m only brave enough to apply single shadow colours, I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos, I still feel my blending is too messy.

also please let me know which is your most favourite eyeshadow palette?

To @DaisyCR since joining this community I’ve really started taking care of my skin, which I never did prior. I’ve found my perfect toner, but still searching for the perfect moisturiser. can you suggest me your favourite moisturiser? My skin is kind of dry so I’m looking for something hydrating. With so many brands and choices, it’s hard to pick one and stick to it.

TO Charlotte - Im looking for a perfume to gift to my sister, me and her never got along as kids and even in our teens, we just recently hit it off and have become kind of close, and I would love to gift her something special, please suggest me a perfume I can give to my sister, that will make her happy and most of all remind her of me when she uses it 🙂 

TO Sophie - I currently use Urban decay primers as that was the first brand I went to when I started to wear makeup so I kind of feel loyal to that brand 🙈, can you suggest me another primer from another brand that will help me break away from the habit  of using everything from one brand.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE ❤️🙏

Hey @Areej,

When it comes to eyeshadow blending, you need to practice and have the right tools! Some of my fave blending brushes are from MAC Blending Brush No. 217S - MAC Cosmetics and Ud Pro Large Blending Brush - Urban Decay which have both lasted me for years! Some of the easiest palettes to blend for me have also been from UD, Naked Reloaded Eye Shadow Palette - Urban Decay is my day-to-day go-to for an easy look, I would recommend only using a small amount of product on the brush and building it up, blending in small circular motions  😊

I hope this helps! xxx

Community Manager
Community Manager

@colourofboom wrote:

Happy 1st birthday and thank you for everything that you do for us! 💜🥳

My question is for anyone to answer 😊 do you have that one fragrance that makes you feel confident whenever you wear it?

Thanks for your question @colourofboom 😊

I always feel confident wearing Coco Mademoiselle Parfum Bottle - CHANEL - it's the most beautiful fragrance and brings back lots of good memories! And over Christmas I absolutely love wearing Flowerbomb by V&R. More recently, I've been trying YSL Libre and it makes me want to go on a girls night out ha!

x

SophR
Winging It

@Areej wrote:

My questions are :

TO @EllenL from the last two months I’ve been suffering from a problem with my right eyelid, specifically a blocked duct which is much much better now, I feel it might have happened  from rubbing my eyes too much due to hay fever, I usually apply eye pencil on my upper waterline, I’m not  sure how safe it is to apply it there I saw it on YouTube. Is this a normal thing ?  Currently I’m avoiding it till I’m better. But In the future would it be safe to carrying on doing so?

To @TazK Im still struggling with eyeshadow blending, I still tend to use my fingers to apply shadow, please can you suggest an easy technique for blending colours together?, I’m only brave enough to apply single shadow colours, I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos, I still feel my blending is too messy.

To @DaisyCR since joining this community I’ve really started taking care of my skin, which I never did prior. I’ve found my perfect toner, but still searching for the perfect moisturiser. can you suggest me your favourite moisturiser? My skin is kind of dry so I’m looking for something hydrating. With so many brands and choices, it’s hard to pick one and stick to it.

TO Charlotte - Im looking for a perfume to gift to my sister, me and her never got along as kids and even in our teens, we just recently hit it off and have become kind of close, and I would love to gift her something special, please suggest me a perfume I can give to my sister, that will make her happy and most of all remind her of me when she uses it 🙂 

TO Sophie - I currently use Urban decay primers as that was the first brand I went to when I started to wear makeup so I kind of feel loyal to that brand 🙈, can you suggest me another primer from another brand that will help me break away from the habit  of using everything from one brand.

Hey @Areej 

My go to primer is Photo Finish Primer 30Ml - Smashbox as I've got dry skin so this feels really nourishing. I also love Prep + Prime Pore Refiner Face Primer Stick 7G - . - MAC Cosmetics  for a look that will stay in place all day.

Soph x

@Kimbellini wrote:

I have tomorrow off so would love to follow the live Q and A.

My main question is : Travel make up has been really popular recently and Debenhams has a great range of travel sized make up and skin care if you were going away with only a cabin case what would be in your 10x10 clear airport bag Smiley Happy 

If you have time for more questions after everyone else’s get answered I would also like to know ....

what advice would you give to applying eyeshadow on slightly wrinkly eyelids.

Would Debenhams ever to a monthly subscription box ? 

If a make up genie popped out of your make up bag and said you could have as much make up / fragrance from a brand as your heart desires for free for life BUT you would never be able to use another brand again which brand would you choose ? 

Thanks for creating a lovely space for us make up addicts Smiley Happy 

@Kimbellini Love this travel size question - such a tricky one!! I'd have to say:

Moisture Surge 15Ml - Clinique  for ultimate hydration

Eight Hour#174 Skincare Travel Kit - Elizabeth Arden - such great all rounders for skin!

Limited Edition Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 7Ml - Clarins to keep my lips moisturised

Lancome Genefique 20ml (exclusive to Debenhams) to keep up my anti-aging regime on the go!!

xx

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there!

Good question - so definitely anything with Vitamin C in it! I know you said one, but I also love to ensure I'm using retinol's to make sure all those unwanted dead skin cells are completely gone - you can't glow on top of skin that isn't fresh!

One product would have to be Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate 75Ml - Kiehls as it's great for a radiance boost! You can see results after a couple of weeks which I love!

x

charlotte_t
Nailing It

@Rabia wrote:

@EllenL @That sounds great 👍 

what is the skin care products you think is the most important for skin care routine that shouldn’t be missed 😍

what is best fragrance for coming winters 😍

i always think should eye makeup go with colours of the dress we choose or it can be any or better Togo with occasions😍

which one is the best nude lipstick for light brown skin tone 😍

Hi Rabia! There are so many amazing fragrances coming this winter, you will have so many to put on your Christmas wish list!

Some of my favourites are the new Dior Sauvage Parfum & Dolce & Gabanna K - these are for men but I would definitely wear them! Then I LOVE YSL Libre - I will definitely be adding that to my wishlist! XX

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Areej wrote:

My questions are :

Hi @Areej,

Thank you so much for your question! Sorry to hear about your eye - I hope you're on the road to recovery?! 😊 you can definitely apply eyeliner to your upper waterline to make your lash line appear darker, but perhaps your eyes are a little more sensitive to this? I know mine are so I tend to avoid it. Instead, I'll do a really thin liner on my eyelid and use a small brush to smoke out some shadow under my lower lash line.

For liner I'd recommend my ultimate fave Tattoo Liner Liquid Eyeliner 0.55Ml - Trooper - Kat Von D as you can get a super thin line! You could try Lash Liner Liquid Eyeliner 2Ml - Kat Von D too which is made specifically for the lash line. 

x

Areej
Beauty Icon

@TazK Thank you very much I’ll get some Mac brushes hopefully I can improve my blending soon 🤞

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cr1 wrote:

Hi! I’m having a hard time keeping my t-zone shine free. I’ve tried: matte primers, setting powders and setting sprays but without a fail, shine always wins. How can I keep my face shine free? Thank you in advance for any advice. X

Hi @Cr1 ,

I have this exact problem!! I'm so oily and really struggle to keep my skin from looking shiny after an hour or so, I saw an amazing trick from Jordan Liberty (celeb makeup artist), if you use a damp beauty blender and press a loose powder into the skin (I recommend Born This Way Setting Loose Powder 7G - Too Faced ) BEFORE your foundation or other makeup, then continue with foundation etc, i've found this creates a layer between the liquid product and your skin which stops the shine! Also always finish with All Nighter Setting Spray 118Ml - Urban Decay  - it's been a game changer for me and won our Iconic product in the Community Awards! (so it must be good😉) 

Taz xx

JennnCore
In the Spotlight

@TazK @SophR @EllenL @charlotte_t 

(apologies if I missed anyone! I think these are the tags I've had! I'll double check when all the notifications have calmed down 🖤)

Thank you so, SO much for your answers ladies! 🖤🖤🖤

I'm coming out of this with some fabulous recommendations, the happy knowledge that my favourite brands must be good because you all love them too, and some amazing new inspirational ladies to follow on insta! 

Thank you for being so brilliant and spending so much time keeping us happy and safe in this fabulous community. You're all absolute super stars 🖤