cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1st Birthday LIVE Q&A: Debenhams Beauty Team

@colourofboom wrote:

Happy 1st birthday and thank you for everything that you do for us! 💜🥳

My question is for anyone to answer 😊 do you have that one fragrance that makes you feel confident whenever you wear it?

@colourofboom Absolutely! Linterdit Eau De Parfum - GIVENCHY and the new YSL Libre are my power fragrances!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@TH130199 wrote:

Happy 1st birthday! My question for you all is, if you were stuck on a desert island, what’s one product you couldn’t live without? Thank you for a lovely day! @EllenL 

Lovely to meet you yesterday @TH130199!

It would have to be mascara, because I feel naked without it, or a really good glowy moisturiser so I can keep the desert island tan going  😉

Right now, I'd take Super Fan Black Waterproof Mascara 11Ml - Smashbox or Glow Starter™ Mega Illuminating Moisturiser 50G - Sun Glow - GLAMGLOW 

x

Laurie_23
Perfectly Primed

@DaisyCR  Hi 👋🏻 😁

happy first birthday to the wonderful community 💕

I’m essentially a skincare newbie who has started a new routine. Over the past 2 weeks I’ve noticed great result and but my skin has been getting dry which is unusual for me. 

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?  

Thank you, much appreciated 💕

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@colourofboom wrote:

Happy 1st birthday and thank you for everything that you do for us! 💜🥳

My question is for anyone to answer 😊 do you have that one fragrance that makes you feel confident whenever you wear it?

I'm obsessed with the new YSL Libre fragrance, but I also love La Vie Est Belle Intense De Parfum - Lanc� me for everyday! 💕

charlotte_t
Nailing It

@JennnCore wrote:

How awesome, cant wait to watch!

What are everyone's favourite brands? 🖤

Also! How long has everyone been part of the Debs Dream Team? 

You know what, I'm just going to keep going 😂

What would be your ultimate primer recommendation for dry skin? I've used Smashbox for as long as I can remember, but that could be because change scares me 😂

Ooo! Ooo! Who is your style icon? 

Hi @JennnCore ! 

My favourite brand has to be YSL for fragrance & make up, anything they launch I fall in love with.  For skincare I'm loving Murad, I'm currently using their new Exfoliating Peel and it is AMAZING!

I've been part of the Debenhams team for 4  1/2 years so I'm the old timer! It is such a fun team to be part of.

For primer I am obsessed with the Smashbox Primer - it is a game changer. However I have been using the Prime Time Foundation Primer 30Ml - bareMinerals though and it is beautiful. It has a similar formula to the Smashbox one and is very hydrating. 

Hmm Style Icon.... I love Emma Louise Connolly, definitely worth a follow on Instagram. From fashion, home & beauty she is my ultimate inspo. She was the face of the recent YSL High Cover Concealer launch, she is so beautiful but seems so lovely! Who is yours? XX

@Clare1984 wrote:

Hi

My question is what is the best new perfume release that is original, groundbreaking and stands out from all the rest?

Thanks

Clare

@clarelb For me it has to be YSL Libre!! Such a beautiful fragrance and luxury bottle and :ancome Idole has such a unique portable bottle which is refillable too! <3

SophR
Winging It

@Hippyhoppybunny wrote:

My question is how to a create a smokey eye without it looking like a hot mess? 🙈

Start off lightly and then build to the intensity you want - take a step back in between reaching for that extra shadow and reevaluate how smokey you want it. I used to love using dark purples and blacks but have opted for browns and warmer tones recently which I'm obsessed with! You can't go wrong with a Naked palette to help you, my favourite one is Naked Reloaded Eye Shadow Palette - Urban Decay 

Soph x

charlotte_t
Nailing It

@TH130199 wrote:

Happy 1st birthday! My question for you all is, if you were stuck on a desert island, what’s one product you couldn’t live without? Thank you for a lovely day! @EllenL 

This is a GREAT question. For me it would definitely be Gimme Brow Eyebrow Gel 3G - 03 Medium - Benefit . I can't go anywhere these days without my brows! XX

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Areej wrote:

OMG I have  got loads of questions to ask ❤️

My questions are :

TO @EllenL from the last two months I’ve been suffering from a problem with my right eyelid, specifically a blocked duct which is much much better now, I feel it might have happened  from rubbing my eyes too much due to hay fever, I usually apply eye pencil on my upper waterline, I’m not  sure how safe it is to apply it there I saw it on YouTube. Is this a normal thing ?  Currently I’m avoiding it till I’m better. But In the future would it be safe to carrying on doing so?

also can you please suggest me your most favourite liquid eyeliner?

To @TazK Im still struggling with eyeshadow blending, I still tend to use my fingers to apply shadow, please can you suggest an easy technique for blending colours together?, I’m only brave enough to apply single shadow colours, I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos, I still feel my blending is too messy.

also please let me know which is your most favourite eyeshadow palette?

To @DaisyCR since joining this community I’ve really started taking care of my skin, which I never did prior. I’ve found my perfect toner, but still searching for the perfect moisturiser. can you suggest me your favourite moisturiser? My skin is kind of dry so I’m looking for something hydrating. With so many brands and choices, it’s hard to pick one and stick to it.

TO Charlotte - Im looking for a perfume to gift to my sister, me and her never got along as kids and even in our teens, we just recently hit it off and have become kind of close, and I would love to gift her something special, please suggest me a perfume I can give to my sister, that will make her happy and most of all remind her of me when she uses it 🙂 

TO Sophie - I currently use Urban decay primers as that was the first brand I went to when I started to wear makeup so I kind of feel loyal to that brand 🙈, can you suggest me another primer from another brand that will help me break away from the habit  of using everything from one brand.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE ❤️🙏

Hey Areej,

Ok so top three hydrating moisturisers are: (I also suffer from dryer skin)

Moisture Surge#8482 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 50Ml - . - Clinique 

Ultra Facial Cream 50Ml - Kiehls 

Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser 50Ml - Origins 

Hope these help! Smiley Happy x

SophR
Winging It

I love to shake things up and wear typically male fragrances. The new Sauvage Eau De Parfum - DIOR makes me feel confident and like a boss! 

Soph x