cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1st Birthday LIVE Q&A: Debenhams Beauty Team

Community Manager
Community Manager

@TH130199 wrote:

Happy 1st birthday! My question for you all is, if you were stuck on a desert island, what’s one product you couldn’t live without? Thank you for a lovely day! @EllenL 

Hey! For me, I think it would have to be the Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Moisturiser 50Ml - Elizabeth Arden -   I use it everyday without fail on my lips, cuticles, and sometimes hands and under eyes when they're super dry! Smiley Happy 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@SophieG1 wrote:

Happy birthday to the community thank you all for everything throughout the year! Thanks to this community I’ve made wonderful friends, found new favourites and I have clear skin 😍 

I have a few questions 🙈 for you lovely ladies  @EllenL

If you could create Debenhams own branded makeup what item would you choose first to create? And what would you call it? 

@DaisyCR  How do you keep your skin looking so flawless?  

And for Charlotte sorry not sure what your handle is on the community 🙈 

but what discontinued fragrance would you bring back if you could?

Hey Sophie! Thanks so much for being a part of such a fab year! 

Ah such a lovely comment although I'm not sure it's always true! However, I always make sure to nourish my skin as much as possible at night. I like to use a really hydrating oil - Limited Edition Midnight Recovery Concentrate 100Ml - Kiehls has been my cult favourite for ages! Then i'll top with a rich moisturizer to lock that in, like High Potency Night-A-Mins Cream 50Ml - Origins Smiley Happy 

In terms of brightening the skin, this Vitamin C icon does absolute wonders -  Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate 75Ml - Kiehls 

xx

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JennnCore wrote:

How awesome, cant wait to watch!

What are everyone's favourite brands? 🖤

Also! How long has everyone been part of the Debs Dream Team? 

You know what, I'm just going to keep going 😂

What would be your ultimate primer recommendation for dry skin? I've used Smashbox for as long as I can remember, but that could be because change scares me 😂

Ooo! Ooo! Who is your style icon? 

Hey @JennnCore ,

My favourite brands are probably Urban Decay or YSL! Also love Kat Von D or Too Faced - tbh I'm a massive makeup junkie so I love most makeup brands! 

I've been at Debs for one year (last month), had the best year with my dream team!

I have super oily skin so I'm probably not the best person to ask but I think the Bobbi To Go Vitamin Enriched Face Base 15Ml - Bobbi Brown is amazing!

My style icon is a blogger called Mika Francis, her style is so different and I love her edgy outfit choices 💕 

Taz xx

@TH130199 wrote:

Happy 1st birthday! My question for you all is, if you were stuck on a desert island, what’s one product you couldn’t live without? Thank you for a lovely day! @EllenL 

Hi @TH130199 
Mine would have to be Badgal Bang! Mini Volumizing Mascara 4G - Benefit! Just gives the BEST volume and false lash effect!! x

SophR
Winging It

@JennnCore wrote:

What would be your ultimate primer recommendation for dry skin? I've used Smashbox for as long as I can remember, but that could be because change scares me 😂

Hey @JennnCore 

My favourite skincare brand is a tie between Elemis & Murad, then beauty it's got to be MAC & NARS.

I've been with Debenhams for 18 months and definitely do work with a dream team!

For primer, I've got dry and sensitive skin and Photo Finish Primer 30Ml - Smashbox  is my go to.

Style icons for make up is Nikki_makeup 

Soph x

@NadiaS88 wrote:

Happy 1st Birthday! Thank you very much for all your hard work to keep this community such a brilliant place! She but i will not see live tomorrow, will be working🥺

What is yours favourite beauty product, without which you can't leave?

@NadiaS88 I'm in love with Tattoo Liner Liquid Eyeliner 0.55Ml - Trooper - Kat Von D - stays put like no other! I finish the look with Badgal Bang! Black Volumising Mascara 8.5G - Benefit for the ultimate false lash effect!

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JennnCore wrote:

Hi @JennnCore 

Thanks for posting your question! 

It's so hard to choose a favourite brand, but looking at my makeup collection it would probably be Urban Decay 😊 they're the perfect all rounder brand - amazing foundation, concealer, eye shadow, brows, lashes and lips. For skincare, I love Elemis and Kiehl's, and I've also been trying the new Philosophy range which I LOVE!

I've been at Debs for just over 3 years, and definitely have the best job in the business 😉

For primers, I'd recommend Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer And Moisturiser 50Ml - Bobbi Brown for really dry skin (that's my winter fave!) or if you want something a little less heavy then then NYX Hydrating Jelly Primer is really good. 

Make-up style icon is the incredible Katie Jane Hughes - her insta is insane!

x

SophR
Winging It

It would definitely be an SPF to protect my skin from that desert island sun! My go to is Dry Touch Sun Care Spf 50 Face Cream 50Ml - Clarins 

Soph x

@TH130199 wrote:

Community Manager
Community Manager

@shubhi wrote:

You all look gorgeous !!!

@DaisyCR :  What is best foundation that u will recommend for winter skin as skin tend to be more dry in winters !!

Hey! If you want something a little lighter, the brand new Urban Decay Stay Naked foundation is a great one for looking like real skin - it's lightweight and more of a buildable coverage that won't cake!

However another which I ALWAYS have (and will buy a new one if I don't) is the Original Spf 15 Loose Powder Mineral Foundation 8G - Golden Beige - bareMinerals - you'd be surprised at how glowy your skin can look with a powder foundation. 

So long as you're keeping your skin prepped with a nourishing serum, moisturiser etc, then your foundation shouldn't look much different in the winter than summer Smiley Happy x

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hue_beauty wrote:

Ooooooh looking forward to tomorrow's live!!

Well my question would be....

What's the worst skincare product you've used and how it's affected your skin? Doesn't have to be face it can be body too 😊😊😊

I've definitely noticed a huge difference when I switched to using high-end skincare (I worked on a counter at Lancome and it improved my skin massively), not sure what product would be the worst but maybe the homemade face masks I used to make when I was younger?!  😂 xx