cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beauty Club Crew

skincare.jpg

At some point in our lives, we experience skincare problems. Whether it’s hormonal changes, lack of sleep, too much partying, stress or hereditary causes - zits, spots and acne can affect us all at every stage. 

We’ve put together the most common skin problems for men and women and our recommendations on how best to tackle them.

Acne

Acne is typically caused by the interaction of bacteria, hormones and sebum (oil from the hair follicle). To help stop the build-up of acne it’s essential to keep the area cleansed as much as possible. Avoid skincare and makeup products with alcohol and additives as this can irritate the affected areas. Your daily routine should include cleansing, gentle exfoliation and moisturising. Use non-scented soaps and once in a while have a professional facial as the intense treatments and formulas can help to clean the skin.
We recommend:  Murad Gentle Blemish Control Clearing Treatment, Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Normal or Combination SkinElemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator

Age Spots and uneven skin

If you have skin discolouration these are more commonly known as Age Spots. To rebalance the skin and create a more even--toned appearance to these dark patches we suggest vitamin enhanced products or specially formulated creams designed to decrease the visibility of Age Spots.
We recommend: Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum, Sisley Intensive Dark Spot Corrector, YSL Forever Light Creator Skin Tone Corrector, Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Brightening Smoothing Moisture Treatment, Murad Age Spot Correcting Serum

Blackheads, spots and pimples
Facials and a face mask are a great way to deal with skin breakouts. The intense treatments penetrate deeply into the skin to target the problem areas. The most effective face masks for blackheads are clay based.
We recommend: Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Treatment Gel,  Kiehl's Breakout Control Targeted Blemish Spot Treatment, Murad Rapid Relief Spot Treatment.  

Broken capillaries

If you have dry and delicate skin your skin is susceptible to broken capillaries. This is when the capillary walls are weakened and blood has little or no flow to the capillaries and then visibly surfaces to the skin. Avoid alcohol or additive based products and opt for gentler products that contain natural ingredients such as rose, camomile, aloe vera and essential oils to reduce redness. Also, it's important to safeguard your skin with an SPF. 
We recommend: Ultrasun Extreme SPF50 Sun Protection, Filorga Oxygen Glow Super Perfecting Radiance Cream, Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate Serum, Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion Night Face Serum,  Clinique Smart Treatment Oil

Dark Circles

Under eye, dark circles can be the result of many things including too much partying and lack of sleep or a hereditary cause. The best way to combat under-eye circles is with a combination of more sleep, detoxing and investing in a good eye cream to lighten those stubborn dark circles.
We recommend: Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector, Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum, Origins Mega Bright Dark Circle Minimiser.

Dry/flaky/patchy

It’s important to keep skin well hydrated to avoid dry patches or flaky and patchy skin. Both gals and guys should have a daily skincare routine that includes cleansing, toning and moisturising. Gentle exfoliation will help to swipe away flaky skin and dry patches, follow with intense moisturising to ensure a smooth finish. We recommend:  Clarins Hydraquench Cream,  Elemis Pro Collagen Ultra Rich Marine Cream,  Clinique Moisture Surge,  Shiseido Perfect Hydrating SPF30 Cream. 

Eczema

If you have eczema it’s important to use alcohol and additive free makeup and skincare products that won’t make the irritation worse. When it comes to treating eczema deep and intense moisturising is essential. If the problem persists see your doctor.
We recommend:Clarins Hydraquench Cream, Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm cream for dry skinClinique Moisture Surge, Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery, Glamglow Waterburst Hydrated Glow Moisturiser

Oily Skin

Oily skin is most common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. Hormone imbalances increases skin to release oils that make it look shinier than normal skin. Many people have skin that is oily only in certain areas and dry or normal in others, a condition known as combination skin. Firstly, use hot water to wash your face and use soap free, alcohol free, additive free creams and soaps. We recommend: Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, Clinique Superdefense moisturiser for oily skin, My Clarins Re-Boost Mattifying Hydrating Cream for oily skin, Kiehl's Facial oil-free gel creamFilorga Hydra Filler MAT Perfecting Moisturiser

Pore minimising
Large pores can result in annoying blackheads and whiteheads but help is at hand. Pore minimising creams have been specially formulated to lessen pores and make your skin feel smooth again. Make sure you cleanse daily for most effective results.
We recommend: Kiehl’s Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion, Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher Serum, Sisley Global Perfect Pore Minimiser Serum, Bobbi Brown Skin Clarifier Pore & Oil Control. 

Rosacea

Rosacea is a skin condition that increases blood flow to the face and results in redness and dryness. Rosacea can be irritated by spicy foods, hot drinks and alcohol which makes the skin feel uncomfortable. When it comes to skincare and makeup avoid products that contain alcohol and additives. Also, look out for primers that specifically target redness. 
We recommend: Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser, Murad Redness Therapy Gel Cleanser, Dior Capture Youth Redness Soother Age Delay Anti Redness Serum, Clinique Superprimer Colour Corrects Redness. 

13 Comments
SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Thank you this is so informative. I’ve just slowly started to clear all my acne but I still get a disco ball on my forehead and cheeks after wearing foundation for a while.  I think I might check the clarins re boost out 😊

SparkyJ
Going Pro

Thank you for such an informative post, some products I need to try with my hormonal skin 😀

EmaSullivan
In the Spotlight

Absolutely loving these skin blogs!!!

I have acne/breakout prone skin with large pores and combination skin type so got loads out of this!

Few products on the wishlist there... 😍🙌🏼

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Love these skincare blogs @SarahS , they are so informative and helpful!  😊

Tarnjit
Going Pro

Thank you so much for this! Alot of my skin queries in one post, alot of the products are sold out online but will note them abs try in store! Xoxo 

Colleencasta
Fresh Face

So much info...great reading and I look forward to putting some of these techniques into action.

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@SarahS 

Really enjoyed reading this blog. So informative thanks

kimbeard66
Total Glossip

Thanks for the recommendations for rosacea 👍🏻

Daniellecm
Nailing It

Great load of information there! Thank you 

Sadi05
Beauty Crush

Thanks for the very informative post @SarahS xx

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@SarahS  very well posted live it theres some skin concern for everyone worries

Thku as you also listed products😘

Khan_Beauty
Multimasker

@SarahS Thanks for this, defo going to look at getting some of the pore minimizing products people say they cannot really see it but honey i can and thats the problem. But thanx.

BeautyHike
Winging It

Thank you for such an informative post. Really enjoyed reading this blog. Thanks for the recommendations. I was suffering from pimples for long time. This post helped me a lot. 

I found this article also which also help me. this article about How to remove pimples: Home remedies for pimples treatment

If any one suffering from pimple, you can follow this home remedies also to remove pimple and acne.

Thanks a lot @SarahS 

Im very grateful to you for this article