cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Beauty Club Crew

Suncare.jpg

We all know that wearing SPF products are a must? This article explains what UV, UVA and UVB rays are so you can buy suncare with confidence especially as we go into the high peak summer season. So whether you're having a staycation or a long vacation, here's what you need to know to stay highly protected.

What does UV stand for? 

UV stands for Ultra Violet (UV) and refers to the energy produced by the sun. UV rays can also be artificial rays, more commonly seen in sunbeds. There has been a big backlash against sunbeds and that's because the amount of UV rays it gives off is much greater than that of the sun and can increase the risk of premature skin ageing and damaging the skin - in extreme cases can cause skin cancer. 

All about UVA 

Ultraviolet (UVA) refers to the sun's long-waves. UVA rays penetrate deeper and is a dominant tanning ray that causes skin ageing and wrinkling. 

All about UVB

Ultraviolet (UVB) refers to the sun's short-waves and will typically burn the superficial layers of the skin. 

What about getting Vitamin D from the sun? 

The sun isn't all that bad, it's important for helping to produce Vitamin D on to the skin. Vitamin D helps to regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body and it's these essential nutrients that help to keep bones, teeth, muscle nails and hair healthy. So does SPF sunscreens prevent Vitamin D production I hear you ask? There is no evidence to suggest this, even though these Broad Spectrum products filter through UVA and UVB light, some of the suns rays still get through which in turn creates Vitamin D production. If you do have a Vitamin D deficiency or to help maintain Vitamin D levels, take Vitamin D supplements and eat oily fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines and eggs. 

Here's a rundown of my favourite Broad Spectrum Suncare Solutions: Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 09.50.39.png

Clarins Suncare Cream for Body SPF50+ 

contains a unique combination of Clarins complexes containing high-level filters and plant-based extracts to provide protection against UV rays and visible signs of photo-ageing.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 16.16.06.png

Shiseido Wetforce Expert Sun SPF30 Ageing Protection Lotion 
A sunscreen that is boosted by water and perspiration - allowing you to swim, play sport and enjoy the sunshine with confidence. Featuring exclusive-to-Shiseido SuperVeil 360 technology that creates a protective veil over the skin to seamlessly fit the surface like a 2nd skin, protecting at every angle. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 16.16.20.png

Prevage City Smart Broad Spectrum SPF50 Hydrating Shield

Protect Against pollution. Protect Against the sun. Protect Against visible ageing. The first-of-its-kind skin shield to combine pollution and UV protection with our DNA Enzyme Complex to strengthen skin. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 16.16.29.png

Murad City Skin Age Defense Broad Spectrum SPF50 

This revolutionary, ultra-light 100% mineral sunscreen goes beyond just sun protection to shield skin from 5 factors that cause damage every day - UVA, UVB, infrared radiation, blue light from electronic devices, and pollution.

Kiehl's Ultra Light UV Defense CC Cream SPF50++++

Help defend skin from environmental aggressors while visibly brightening and evening the look of skin tone. This CC cream is formulated with SPF 50 PA++++ protection to help defend skin from UV rays.

TOP TIP: Remember, suncare products aren't just for summer The sun's rays are still harmful all year round so a good SPF skincare solution or makeup with SPF is a must-have. 

10 Comments
emilyward1990
Multimasker

I used to be rubbish at using special SPF products for the face but always look out for them now. 

Ive found a great No7 product - Protect & Perfect - specific face skin protection. Smells lush too 😁

Rabia
Beauty Icon

@SarahS  thanks for great info 😍

Anniiee
Multimasker

😍😍  i use to be so bad now i have to apply my spf 😍 thanks for the info 😍😍😍

BeautySeeker-03
Beauty Icon

@SarahS  thanks for sharing this great information βœ”πŸ€©

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@SarahS 

Interesting post thanks

beama123
Getting Lippy

One of my faves, Clarins factor 30 face cream. Goes on so easily and non greasy, a lovely tan in the process 😎

kj_lovinbeauty
Beauty Crush

Prevage Citysmart Gift Set - Elizabeth Arden  I love the SPF it’s in between a lotion and a cream. It’s slighly tinted although doesn’t leave a great hue on my fair skin. It is quite fragranced but it soon disappears once rubbed in. Make up sits fab ontop of it and I’ve not had any pilling from my foundation which can be an issue with SPF & foundation . It’s well worth the dosh!! X

lara_wttk
Getting Lippy

I use SPF every day all year round as a primer. But the problem is when you reapply after a few hours over the makeup. Currently, I use SPF 30 spray (the body shop). Keeping in my work drawer to top up when I need to leave the office for lunch and go home. Is there any recommendation for these re-applying SPF during the day??

kj_lovinbeauty
Beauty Crush

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123443063799_-1@lara_wttk  Mac Prep and prime fix+ have done a SPF 30 spray I’m yet to try it maybe there are some of this great community that have though

kj_lovinbeauty
Beauty Crush

https://www.katesomerville.co.uk/anti-aging-products-uncomplikated-spf-makeup-setting-spray-1Kate Somerville has done a spf makeup Spray. It’s always out of stock so must me good.