cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beauty Crush

No one does natural, glowing, graceful beauty quite like the women of the royal family and with all the royal wedding and royal baby news flooding our Twitter feeds, it’s no wonder we’ve got royal makeup on our minds. From Kate, to Meghan, to Eugenie – there’s no denying that their most iconic beauty looks have been their bridal ones, so read on to take a deeper look at #royalwedding makeup present, past and past again and see what makeup looks really have the royal seal of approval.

Shop beauty

Kate Middleton

2011 seems like an age ago, but when you take a look back at Kate Middleton's wedding makeup, it's as stunning today as it was then - truly timeless. When Kate walked down the aisle all those years ago, the first thing we frantically Googled was "who was the makeup artist?!", but Kate actually insisted on doing her makeup herself for her big day. 

Untitled design (7).png

bareMinerals Gen Nude Desert Goddess eyeshadow paletteEstée Lauder Pure Colour eyeliner | GUERLAIN Densifying and shaping eyebrow pencil | Urban Decay Naked Cherry Highlighter and Blush Palette

We adore to this day Kate's feathered eyebrows which are bold yet have an extremely subtle, straight shape. Kate also chose to create a soft, smokey eye with black eyeliner across her top and lower lash line. Her sultry eyes were offset by delicate, nude lips and rosy cheeks.

Meghan Markle 

Back in May of this year, the skies were bluer, flowers were in bloom and Meghan Markle had her big day with Prince Harry. We were obsessed with her minimalist, Givenchy dress, extravagant, glistening jewelled tiara and all the makeup in between. Like her dress, Meghan’s wedding day makeup was also minimalist and chic for the day.

Untitled design (4).png

Benefit They're Real Mascara | bareMinerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick | Armani Luminous Silk Foundation | Too Faced Natural Eyeshadow Palette

Her beautiful freckles peeped through her foundation which flaunted her naturally flawless complexion and her brown eyes were framed with a delicate, smokey eyeshadow look, with no eyeshadow on her lower lash line to emphasise a wide-eyed look. 

Princess Eugenie 

Just a week ago Princess Eugenie walked down the aisle in Windsor to marry James Brooksbank. We couldn't take our eyes off her opulent, emerald tiara, but - beauty junkies that we are - our eagle eyes also lingered on Eugenie's bridal makeup. 

Untitled design (5).png

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Matte Lipstick | Kat Von D Brow Struck dimension powder | Bobbi Brown Long Wear Weightless Foundation | Smashbox LA Lights Blush and Highlighter Palette

Eugenie's eyeliner was flatteringly placed on the outer corner of her eyes, to cleverly emphasise but not close them up. Her facial makeup was kept natural and radiant, with glowing-from-within cheeks and a crystal clear complexion.  For her, the crowning glory of her makeup had to be Eugenie's strong, bold brows. She's not only a princess, but an eyebrow icon. 

Who's royal bridal beauty is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below...

8 Comments
donster
Living the Highlight

They all look so naturally beautiful and glowing, too difficult to choose a favourite! Heart

catherined
Beauty Crush

@donster I completely agree with you!

Rabia
Beauty Icon

@catherined

i like all of them but Kate Middleton I would say is my favourite.... 

Rabia
Beauty Icon

@catherined

i like all of them but Kate Middleton I would say is my favourite.... 😍❤️❤️❤️ 

catherined
Beauty Crush

@Rabia she is beautiful! I loved her dress as well ❤️️

Rabia
Beauty Icon

@catherined

You are absolutely right... even now she carries herself so elegantly and she looks gorgeous to me always.. ❤️❤️ I love the way she always looks.... 😍

catherined
Beauty Crush

@Rabia I agree, she is stunning! 

Mid12
Getting Lippy

They all look fabulous but kate midleton  i would say more beautiful look but meghan markle look more simple and sophisticated  but lovely 😍😍😍