cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

NEW ON YOU: Gucci Mémoire d’une Odeur

To celebrate the launch of Gucci’s first unisex fragrance, we’re giving away over 60 Mémoire d’une Odeur’s for members to test and review!

Untitled design - 2019-07-29T164031.684.jpg

The new scent, fronted by Harry Styles, explores the power of memories. It’s a universal scent, with a blend of Roman chamomile and Indian coral jasmine, creating a fresh fragrance transcending both gender and time.

If you’d like to take part, please click 'Reply' below and tell your favourite fragrance memory and 63 members will be chosen at random. You will then receive the fragrance and 5 questions to answer and post on the Community for your fellow members to see.

Ends at midnight on Monday 5th August.

T&C's apply.

1,461 Comments
theprodigy696
First Base

My fragrance memory was quite a few years ago when I first tried Dior J'adore. I absolutely fell in love with this scent and have not departed with it ever since. ❤️❤️

Chez2
Fresh Face

My great grandma Evelyn always smelt of Parma violets, so every time i have the goodies i just can't help floating back to being with my great grandma Evelyn when I was a little, I don't remember much about her now but the smell more than anything just takes me back, and I absolutely love it 🐱

Bingy841
First Base

Hi my favourite aftershave has to be Tom Ford noir extreme. It’s a very strong smell and always get complicated on the smell. 

PDyer
Winging It

My favourite fragrance memory will always be laying with my mum as a child and being comforted by the smell of her Obession perfume, I can still smell it now! 

aliciaaddley
First Base

My favourite fragrance memory was begging and begging my mum to buy me Britney Spears - Curious whilst I was in high school. I remember waking up on Christmas day and opening it, I loved it so much, and it made me feel so grown up, an upgrade from the 'attitude' body sprays I got every year before! <3 

Hesastar2
First Base

Buying my first Issy Miyake ‘L’eau d’issy’ at 17 at duty free on my first holiday away with friends. The scent still takes me back now. 

Missnatashau
First Base

When I was 16  save up my money for the 100ml Coco Chanel  Mademoiselle. I bought it in France and every time I wear it I feel so sophisticated.

Gopika
First Base

My favourite scent memory has to be that of my sister wearing Gucci Guilty fragrance. It was not the first perfume I smelled, but the first I remember sniffing. I was allowed to take carefully the bottel from the box and to admire it but never open. My sister used to wear it for going out and then I was able to get a drop of it on my wrist which gave me the feeling of 'a young lady, not a child'.😗😗😗

Zimi
Getting Lippy

My mum was a big fan of Dior Poison when I was a child and I used to love it when she use to let me wear some too as it made me feel so grown up and just like her

Sabah2
First Base

I would love to get the chance to smell it and Gucci is a such good brand I love your brand 

Joanneoverall
Fresh Face

One fragrance memory is Estée Lauder youth dew my nan used to wear it and I can still imagine the strong smell of her when she used to look after me 😊

Louiseanita
Winging It

My favourite perfume memory goes back to my teenage years when i adored loulou blue! The smell used to stay on my clothing even when it had been washed! Takes me back, #firstboyfriend #debenhamsbeauty 

Anndenisewilson
Winging It

My favourite fragrance memory is when I bought myself and my (now ex) boyfriend matching unisex fragrances from Tom Ford (Black Orchid) but found out he was cheating on me so broke up with him and kept them both! Now I have two beautiful bottles and no rubbish boyfriend haha Smiley Very Happy

Christina1277
Getting Lippy

I love Gucci it stay on all day , I would love to try the unisex me hubby can share. We  both have a collection and perfume 

ellouka
Fresh Face

I was in a distant relationship with my fiancé and sent him an advent calendar that I made myself for Christmas. In one of the pockets I've put a note saying "Smells like me" and sprayed my favourite perfume on it, Flower Bomb by Viktor & Rolf. He used to smell it every night before going to bed Smiley Happy

KatAng
Fresh Face

Samsara by Guerlain was the very first ''posh'' perfume that I got my hands on as a grown up. I remember back in the days seeing adverts of Samsara in Vogue and Cosmopolitan where they had their peel off smelly pages and by rubbing your wrist on it you could sample the fragrance, so I would sit there smelling the pages of the magazines and dreaming of having just a squirt of this perfume in my life.It seemed as the most privileged and luxurious fragrance ever. So when I could first afford to buy it I was in disbelief,almost in dismay by how lucky I was. Nowadays,as an adult I can (overall) afford to buy perfumes but the smell of Samsara vividly brings me back there,by the shore of the Danube smelling the pages of old magazines.

Lizzy1
Nailing It

When I got married (a few years ago!) I chose to wear Ghost perfume, the smell suits me so went with it for the day. I remember my cousin hugging me and telling me I smelt amazing which I still remember.

clarissm26
First Base

my first  perfume memory was Poison the purple bottle i used to overdo it even when u washed my clothes u cud still smell it ... i loved it .,. My mom always new when id been around just folloow the scent .,l ended up buying the whole poison range 

Petya
Getting Lippy

My favourite perfume memory was years ago when young and in love spent the most beautiful summer wearing J’adore’s fragrance.

Annie12188
Winging It

This looks amazing.

My favourite fragrance memory was of my mum who used to always wear the Anes Anes perfume. I used to always see the bottle on her bedside table and always wanted to try it so whenever she used it before going out she always made sure to put a little bit on me too so I wouldn't miss her. I then came to love this perfume for a number of years.

KarlaLou
Going Pro

My first perfume memory is my Mum wearing YSL Paris. I particularly remember the bottle. My first memory of me with perfume is going into Boots and buying my first 'proper' perfumeEau De Toilette 100Ml - Ralph Lauren xx

Amand
Getting Lippy

I have always loved the smell of department store beauty halls, especially Debenhams of course! From when I was a child walking through with my mum or nan and trying to guess what scent has just been sprayed on a glamorous  customer.

NEELAMLEE6
Winging It

My all time favourite is Fantasy by Nina Ricci. It was the first luxurious perfume I brought after earning my own money. It reminds me of the satisfaction I received for being able to treat myself and become a grown up. For me it always symbolised independance, love and happiness I felt at that time in my life. 

samar
First Base

i didn't know i have a memory of  a perfume until recently. few months ago i went on holiday to  cappadocia in turkey, and of course i had CK contradiction with me.  i meet this guy there, and we went together to see the hot air balloon take off in the morning before sunrise. it was such a moment, right out of a fairy tale. a month later when i was back home, and after randomly using CK contradiction for a night out, it was like i am back there in cappadocia, and it felt amazing. we had other memories together in different country, but i will associate this perfume for the first time we meet. and for our next trip, i am taking that perfume with me.

Vic_fl
Winging It

My fabourite fragrance memorybwas putting on my mum’s scarf after I haven’t seen her for a while when I was a child and having it smell like the perfume she used! So comforting. 

Hannahdolly246
Fresh Face

My favourite perfume memory was for my school prom. I had a bottle of Vera Wang Princess that I had saved for the occasion. I saved a little of the fragrance and keep it in a memory box...every time I smell it, the fragrance takes me back all of those years. 

Mcadama
First Base

My favourite fragrance memory is Aqua di Gio. I had a bottle when I was younger and it was the perfume I wore on my wedding day 👰🏻If I ever wear it now, it takes me right back (23 years !! ) ❤️💕❤️

Cjackson29
Fresh Face

My favourite perfume memory is putting on my  Lancôme le vie est belle and my other half telling me it was his favourite smell in the whole world as it is what I was wearing when we met!

Franespino
Winging It

Mugler´s Alien, everytime I smell it reminds me of my mom.

Irina
Winging It

The memory is about Lolita Lempicka first fragrance. It was my confidence boost scent that I would use whenever I needed to be my best self or face a stressful situation - at the exam, job interview, meeting new people etc

Missysb83
Winging It

My favourite perfume memory is buying my first ever fragrance, it was back when I just turned 17 and on a week long trip to Amsterdam I brought the Tommy girl perfume on the ferry to France.  I just remember feeling so grown up lol. I still have fond memories of that summer and still smelling that scent takes me right back to being a teen on her first trip away without the parents 

Weeblondscotty
First Base

My favourite fragrance memory is from getting married in New York. The hotel we stayed at always had vases and vases of fresh lilies all over the lobby area-the smell was divine! Now whenever I smell fresh lilies it takes me back to our wedding day and all the happy memories that come with it. 

CLAIREFSW77
Winging It

My favourite perfume memory is 212 Sexy Eau De Parfum Gift Set - Carolina Herrera  Caroline Herrera 212 Sexy. It is the first perfume I bought myself from my wages from my first job. It reminds me of getting dressed up and ready to go out partying at the weekends when I was 19/20. I still love it and wear on occasion over 20 years later. 

Tiara_amethyst
Blending In

My favourite fragrance memory is of my Nana coming to stay. Our parents never told us she was visiting, but when we came home from school we could smell her Channel No5. "I can smell Nana!" each of us would declare in unison before charging about the house to find where she was hiding from us. Happy memories! 

Donnapeberdy
Fresh Face

I love trying new things so this to me is a fantastic offer as I can try it out before I ask my carer's to buy it for me. I can go out to buy things myself anymore and I miss it. I miss girlie shopping now. Thank you and good luck to all

MrsSwann
First Base

Scent is the most evocative sense. My scent memory is DKNY Be Delicious, I got a set of three when flying out to Malta. I'd never worn it before, but, when I spray it now it reignites the feeling of sun on my skin and a truly amazing holiday with my husband, son and parents. 

GZafar4
First Base

Always up for a new fragrance so wouldn’t mind it and my memory is that lavender always reminds me of my grandmother who passed away so hopefully it will bring a bit of her back

Kittystardust
Fresh Face

The first time I smelled ##Chanel no.5 in my friends parents bathroom and now I have a whole collection of my own, Noir, Chance, No.5, COCO, l’eau �

LauraCara83
Fresh Face

Chanel Coco reminds me of my nana as it was her signature scent and brings back memories of visiting her as a wee girl, she would let me have a spray and I would feel so grown up

Marek
Fresh Face

My first fragrance memory was with my grandma. She always smelled lovely. The smells were different. Sometimes a soap or her make up or perfume. When she died 30 years ago she has left a memory in my head.  Would you belive that 2 years ago Chanel has realised a new perfume called Micha . It smells exactly like my grandma make up with violets so soft and warm. I had to buy it just to have it in my house . To have her with me again.

Marek
Fresh Face
My first fragrance memory was with my grandma. She always smelled lovely. The smells were different. Sometimes a soap or her make up or perfume. When she died 30 years ago she has left a memory in my head. Would you belive that 2 years ago Chanel has realised a new perfume called Micha . It smells exactly like my grandma make up with violets so soft and warm. I had to buy it just to have it in my house . To have her with me again.
SabzHardman28
First Base

My favourite fragrance memory would have to be of my mother, who throughout my childhood wore Kenzo Flower, and whenever I smell it now, it takes me back to walking through the hills in Austria with her and my grandparents. Even typing this the powerful scents of rose, violets and vanilla musk fuel the memories of walking through those fields full of flowers, hand in hand on the way down to the lake for a afternoon swim. 

Eglebaltim
Winging It

My favorite fragrance memory is when I went first time on holiday abroad and bought my first perfume it was Lacoste, and I still like them🙂

Itsmeshan_x
First Base

My favourite scent memory is Calvin Klein Eternity and I just remember it being all I could smell whenever I visited my auntie and she would always give me and my sister a little spray of it. When I eventually started wearing perfume myself Eternity was the first perfume I bought myself, and it still brings back memories of being a little girl again. 

Sofiana89
Blending In

Growing up i used to envy my family or friends who could buy the perfumes they wanted. Perfumes make me feel empowered and i was always left to ask someone if i could use theirs. As i have gotten older i now have the most insane perfume collection I could think of. Hard work and determination has seen me turn this wish into reality and that is my most favourite perfume memory 💕

SandyP
First Base

My fragrance memory was watching my glamorous auntie in the 70’s who always dabbed  Chanel No5 perfume behind her ears and on her wrists so I used to mimic her with my Pretty Peach from Avon which as a little 8 year girl made me feel rather grown up.

Madeleinenorman
First Base

My first "real" perfume was Angel by  Thierry Mugler. I thought I was so grown up and sophisticated when I wore it, the bottle was so pretty, and it smelt like chocolate. It still brings back memories when I smell it now. 2015 Angel Eau Sucree Eau De Toilette - MUGLER 

KatB2010
First Base

The first time I ever smelled Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison and realised the fruity perfumes I'd thought I loved throughout my early 20s were NOTHING compared to my love for this. Been hooked ever since and rarely wear anything else.

Cinders32
First Base

My favourite all time scent is joop I remember at primary school my year 1 teacher wore it all the time and every time I smell it it reminds me of her and how I had such a great time at primary school she was such a brilliant teacher. Another scent I love that brings back memories amd isn’t a very expensive brand is brut it reminds me off my dad and my childhood my dad has passed away but every time I see the brand all my memories come pouring back.

Katy2808
First Base

Continued...., as my fat fingers pressed post! 

So as I  decided to go with Gucci guilty , some thing caught my eye! That red  plastic rectangle bottle. Gucci rush! I had to pick it and have a smell.  Immediately it took me back to my younger, care free days. (And it had been  reduce) Was this sign?? Lol

I had to buy it, and everytime I wear it, people ask what I am wearing. Good Memory’s