cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The first water-based, vegan foundation in a stick formula is certainly worth shouting about. After a little trip away to the beautiful Heckfield Place with bareMinerals, which included an exclusive masterclass with Celebrity MUA Nikki Deroest, we found out ALL we needed to know...

Image from iOS - 2019-04-10T145700.966.jpg

After checking in to our incredible rooms, or suites should I say considering the size, we were spoiled to the amazing  Skinlongevity range in our bathrooms (one of my faves); just in time to get fresh-faced before the masterclass.

Image from iOS - 2019-04-10T145726.592.jpg

Held in the sun-room, another incredible part of this Hampshire estate, Nikki kicked off the tutorial with the brand new Complexion Rescue foundation stick as we followed her steps on our individual stations.

I achieved a light, all-over coverage using the bareMinerals Smoothing Face brush, and was directed by Nikki to dab the foundation stick with fingers where more coverage was needed - the perfect tip for covering those blemishes.

The finished look by Nikki on her beautiful model Cara:

Image from iOS - 2019-04-10T145711.957.jpg

The best bit? Not only does the foundation do its job in providing medium to buildable all over coverage, but it has extremely handy multiple uses. Try a shade 2/3 times darker than your foundation shade to use as a contour. Also, pop a small amount all over the eyelid for a subtle touch of shadowing.

Image from iOS - 2019-04-10T145733.210.jpg

So what's in this thing?

Well, we all know bareMinerals is known for 100% goodness and no nasties. Firstly, the volcanic mineral seawater delivers bursts of hydration, as does the red algae. Mineral-based sunscreen ensures you're covered with that much-needed SPF25, and it's also packed with a pollution protection complex to save you from those aggressive environmental factors. 

We got some one on one time with Nikki, for a little more expert knowledge...

IMG_0490.JPG

How do you apply the new foundation?

This foundation stick is really easy to apply! I like to take it into the center of the T-zone, swiping in the middle, then using either fingers or a brush to blend it in.

Top tips for prepping the skin beforehand?

Prep is really important! I love a good skincare routine - the Skinlongevity Vital Power serum is my favourite skincare product, so I definitely recommend using as part of the skincare routine before the foundation. 

Which product would be the foundations perfect partner?

I love to pair this with the Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream - I like to put a layer of this all over the face first, following with the foundation stick. 

Which kind of skin type would this be perfect for?

All skin types. I would say that with any foundation, ensure you're moisturising beforehand, but this particular foundation is super nourishing!

Dinner and drinks exceeded expectations, with an impressive Instagram-worthy banquet and food cooked straight from an open fire.

Image from iOS - 2019-04-10T145811.588.jpg

Complimenting the good health ethos bareMinerals pride themselves in, Heckfield Place too use whole, simple ingredients, using only the best produce available on that very same day you're eating it.

After a good nights sleep, lathered in the bareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power sleeping gel night cream, we spent the morning taking part in a super-zen yoga class, helping us leave as rested and restored as possible. 

Thanks bareMinerals - the trip was nearly as amazing as the new foundation.

Shop the new Complexion Rescue foundation stick here. Exclusive to Debenhams. 

27 Comments
dolphinfd
Nailing It

@DaisyCR  Amazing trip and sharing, envy envy! Great to know more about this new vegan product! Thanks for sharing =)

JennnCore
Multimasker

Ooh my gosh, it looks like such a lovely little beauty retreat! 🖤

Hope everyone had a fab time!

Anetka90
Getting Lippy

Look very interesting🤭 wondering if its good for oily skin🤔 for all skin types but usually stick foundation aren’t good for oily skin . 

Julia
Beauty Icon

@DaisyCR  loved how flawless your skin was ,I'm definitely going to check it in store.

nzborn
Multimasker

Wish we had a love button as well as a like.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Heart Such a beautiful place, can't wait to check it out in store! Smiley Happy x

Bahadur
Nailing It

This looks so practical especially for when you’re travelling and need a quick touch up, foundation bottle can get so messy. Sleek slim package too!

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

I loved watching the Instagram post it seems to blend flawlessly. I’ve always been scared to try sticks because I’ve thought they wouldn’t blend well but this is definitely one for me to try 😊

Lois1
Multimasker

Looks like my idea of heaven, so beautiful. Loved catching the posts on Insta & the great tips, sounds like a great product an brill that it has multi uses. It will surely become a must in most peoples regimes 🙂

Betty1
Multimasker

Think I'll have to try that! 

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@DaisyCR  your skin was super lovely thks for the instaa storie will defo chk this new baby out i love bareminerals 😉😍

Sadi05
Nailing It

@DaisyCR Thanx for sharing this amazing trip!!!

Your skin 😍😍💗💗

I have never used stick foundations but would love to try this one! 

donster
All Eyes on Me

wow! looks amazing! That table ! Heart love the personalized rose gold name plates, beautiful!

May
Nailing It

This sounds like it would feel amazing on. Can't wait to try it in store 🤗

And sounds like a beautiful spoilt retreat! I won't mind an invite for the next one! 🥰🙏😂

Tarnjit
Multimasker

Waiting for store release so I can go try this bad boy out 😍🤞 xoxo

Rabia
Living the Highlight

@DaisyCR  sounds great 😍😍

SparkyJ
Multimasker

I have ordered mine and can’t wait for it to arrive love Bareminerals!

Hannah35
Winging It

Oh that sounds good n the model looks flawless , I’ve just bought the Clinique chubby in the nude in grand neutral shade as my first foundation stick soo may look into this one so I can compare n see the difference .. thanks!

EmaSullivan
Multimasker

that looked like it was an absolutely amazing experience!

Quite like to try this , be interested in how it would stay with my oily combination skin

Sabina123
Multimasker

This looked like an amazing event -followed on insta!

michelleyaw88
Winging It

wow, lovely retreat!

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

This looks amazing, the model looks stunning 😍 

Beauty1
Multimasker

@DaisyCR , wow looks amazing as an avid user of Bare Minerals this would be perfect for me. 

HannahJo
Total Glossip

Amazing! 😍

Jan_1
Fresh Face

The bareMinerals foundation stick looks great. Have ordered! 😀 x x

Khan_Beauty
Nailing It

@DaisyCR Glad you had a great time and soo much fun, thanks for haring the knowledge and advice with us. The foundation stick sounds amazing with its 100% goodness and with it being water based. ThanksHeart

Minime323
First Base

I have never used bareMinerals makeup before but I have seen it sold on qvc iam just wondering is it as good as everyone says it is