cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you haven't already heard of our Community New on You scheme, you're going to want to listen to this. We are selecting Community members at random to test products and they will then share their thoughts with the rest of the Community.  Our testers get a new product to play with, and the Community gets a brand new beauty review.

This time, we asked 10 members to try the new MAC Powder Kiss Lipsticks - a brand new weightless matte formula, which gives a hazy, blurring effect. It encompasses the cushiony, lightweight feel of a balm, but with a soft-focus colour effect; The new lippy was created to replicate the backstage technique of blending out the edges of matte lipsticks by the makeup artists. Here's what our Community thought...

"Did not feel dry or chalky at all." - @Villafan (Shade Velvet Punch)

Untitled design - 2019-03-08T150215.903.jpg

“I was pleasantly surprised with how the Powder Kiss Lipstick was so soft and lovely to apply and I love it's powdery finish - as a bonus it smells great too! I have quite sensitive lips and this lipstick did not irritate at all. It did not feel dry or chalky at all.

I really loved the bright purple colour which intensifies when layered on, and I'm looking forward to trying some of the nude shades for everyday wear.

I would definitely recommend these new MAC lipsticks, I think they are great!”

"Barely needed to reapply" - @laura23 (Shade Mandarin O)

“The texture is creamy and very smooth as you apply it, one layer gives a beautiful dash of brightness to my lips, as I layer, it gives amazing pouted lips, it lasts for a good few hours so I barely needed to reapply.

My lips are never left feeling dry which is very important for me to like and stick to a lipstick, I absolutely love this powder kiss lipstick and I look forward to purchasing more shades for everyday!”

"Gives great coverage" - @KathrynJW (Shade Reverence)

Untitled design - 2019-03-08T150339.836.jpg

“MAC Cosmetics are pretty much the Queens of Lipstick, and they have recently brought out a brand new formula, the Powder Kiss Lipstick, in a range of 24 different shades, including nudes, pinks, reds, oranges and much more, so there is something to suit all tastes and skin tones.

I have the shade Reverence which is an everyday pink nude, which will suit most skin tones and although it gives great coverage, this isn't a full coverage formula, so it’s more light and powder-like.

I would recommend using a gentle lip scrub before application to rid the skin of any dryness, giving you a smoother base to work from. I often use the MAC Prep + Prime Lip which is a conditioning base to keep the lips protected and also helps the lipstick to adhere to your lips keeping it in place.”

"Finally a matte that's not chalky!" - @MichelleDs (Shade Style Shocked)

Untitled design - 2019-03-08T150056.149.jpg

“Glides on the lips like a balm, finally a matte that's not chalky and doesn’t dry’s the lips.. amazing! The colour is very original and perfect for the fall season.

“I will recommend to all my friends and I will definitely try their darkest shades. Thank you for letting me participate to this wonderful trial and introduce me to this great product!”

Feels like velvet! - @Melissam (Shade Werk, Werk, Werk)

Untitled design - 2019-03-08T150010.692.jpg

“Applying the lipstick I was very surprised at how genuinely soft to apply it was; it honestly feels like velvet, I’ve never felt a lip product that glides so easily but so soft without the feeling of the product just ‘melting’. Once on, it stays looking m-a-t-t-e and I love it.

After 3-4 layers, the colour was as rich and bold as (my long-time favourite) MAC Retro Matte (Ruby Woo). I am definitely going to buy more shades in this Powder Kiss range, and I think I’ve found the perfect gift for my fellow lipstick-fantatic mother; with several gorgeous shades it’s going to be a hard pick which to buy next!”

Exfoliating before applying really ensures it lasts longer!" - @SophieG1 (Shade Sultriness)

Untitled design - 2019-03-08T150152.470.jpg

“What I loved the most about the lipstick was how long it lasted from AM to PM through coffee and cocktails it didn’t budge! The lipstick itself gives a matte finish which was surprising because it doesn’t feel like a matte lipstick it almost feels like a balm without the sheerness.

When it comes to lipstick I’m definitely no expert but thanks to the beauty club community I was able to ask for help regarding this when I first joined and was given some fantastic tips and I’ve found exfoliating by either using a lip scrub or gently with a toothbrush is really a key thing to do to help ensure my lipstick stays on longer.

I will definitely be recommending this lipstick to anyone who listens to me! The shade is so flattering it would suit anyone with youthful or mature lips.”

Shop the MAC Powder Kiss lipsticks 

Have you tried it? Let us know in the comments below!

8 Comments
Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Amazing reviews and pictures, I've been swayed and ordered the Devoted to Chili myself Heart.

Angelprincess87
All Eyes on Me

Got my eye on sultriness as recommended by @SophieG1 in this review.

SophieG1
In the Spotlight

@Angelprincess87  You won’t regret buying it 💕 Currently 15% off as well ☺️

Anniie
Nailing It

Great reviews and piks x i went for the “a little tamed” perfect nude/pink x

Tarnjit
Nailing It

Mmm impulsive looks like a good shade to be a bit impulsive and buy 😋😂 great reviews everyone, I was also wondering if it would be chalky, but I'm glad to know it's not!! xoxo

Gabby40
Just Arrived

Comments regarding this lipstick are brilliant. I will definitely be trying this one. Mature lady

Maria0981
Getting Lippy

I love mac lipstick i got the chilli shade lipstick. I definitely want to try the new one.

BegumN
Multimasker

Love the formula of this lipstick. I bought the shade shocking revelation. However, am I the only one finding that it doesnt have the usual MAC lipstick scent? I think this can be off putting for some people (including me). I would deffo try before buy for this range.