cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

masks.jpg

In the summer we tend to wear less make up to avoid those make up meltdowns so it's important to get your skin into tip-top condition so it looks naturally radiant. That's where a mask comes in. A mask is a great way to target your most common skincare concerns while helping to give a smoother finish while restoring lustre to your complexion.  

The best bit...whatever your skin typeoily, dry, problematic or dull, there's a mask to suit every skin type. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 13.34.31.png

Oily/combination skin - use a clay mask, since clay as it’s great for removing excess oil and clearing out the pores.

We recommend: Sand & Sky Australian Pink Pore-refining Face Mask, Oh K! Pink Clay Purifying Sheet Mask, L:a Bruket Natural Kaolin Clay Mask, STARSKIN Green Tea Clay Face Sheet Mask, Aveda Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Mask, Lancome Energie Vie Purifying and Refining Clay Mask.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 13.45.07.png

Dry/sensitive skin: Unlike those with oily/combination skin, people who have dry or sensitive skin will not need a mask to reduce oil, but one that adds moisture instead. Using a moisturising or hydrating mask helps to replenish and calm your skin.

We recommend: Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment,  Glamglow Glowlace Radiance Boosting and Hydrating Sheet Face MaskKiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque, Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Hydrating Mask, Aveda Intensive Hydrating Mask, L:a Bruket Hydrating Face Mask. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 13.58.46.png

Dull skin: If you have dull skin, chances are you’re looking to liven things up a bit. To do so, we recommend using either an exfoliating mask, Exfoliating mask will scrub away all your dead skin cells and leave you with a fresh layer, radiance masks contain whitening ingredients that work to brighten your skin tone. Alternatively, look out for masks that brightens, resurfaces and gets skin glowing again. 

We recommend: Filorga Scrub & Mask Exfoliating Bubble Mask, Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Face Mask, bareMinerals Dirty Detox Skin Glowing and Refining Mud Mask, Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Face Mask, Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 14.21.25.png

Problem skin: If you suffer from problem skin and are prone to acne or blemishes a purifying mask as it will work to draw out your imperfections to dry up your acne, rinse away blackheads, and help shrink larger pores.

We recommend: Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskShiseido Waso Purifying Peel Off Face Mask,  Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask, Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment Skincare Mask, Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Mask

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 14.43.49.png

Mature skin: If you have mature skin, a firming mask is the one for you. Using specially formulated firming masks will tighten and lift the appearance of your skin by softening the look of lines and wrinkles. Also, look out for overnight masks that give skin an intensive treatment while you sleep. 

We recommend: Murad Age-Diffusing Firming Mask, Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-ageing Mask, Origins Planrscription Powerful Lifting Overnight Mask, STARSKIN Silkmud Green Tea Clay Anti-ageing Liftaway Mud Face Sheet, Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Double Action Detox Peel Off Mask

11 Comments
MFBeauty1
Multimasker

These masks all look so nice! Really want to try the sand and sky one! 😍

Betty1
Multimasker

@SarahS love a mask 

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@SarahS  nothing like a good mask 😍😍

donster
Going Pro

I do love a clay mask, they all look so fabulous! 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@SarahS Love the suggestions, I have my eyes on Elemis Smiley Wink. Origins retexturising mask is a must have too!

Areej
Multimasker

Love the sound of the origins mask 

Ni1
Getting Lippy

I’m a mask junky ( well actually a total skincare junky lol ) I mask most days , sometimes morning sometimes night and love how my skin looks and feels afterwards. 

Ive so many masks, and love most of them, except peel off 😢😭😳. I find them agony in general lol. 

I really like the sand and sky clay mask and glam glow thirsty mud. 

I love  filorga , Perracone md, Elemis & mudmasky but my all time favourite at the minute is Omorovicza deep cleansing mud mask. 

I owned beauty salons most of my life and so I guess my life revolves around skincare & beauty. 

My skincare routine is pretty extra but only takes 10 minutes morning and night ( not including masking ) and I’m always interested to see how others layer there skincare in there routine. 

I always double cleanse, tap in 5 toners, then 3 Essenes, 2 serums, ( all only 2 or 3 drops 1 at a time ) my eye cream then moisturiser. 

At night I’ll mix a couple of drops of an oil in with my moisturiser 

I read that and it sounds a lot, however it doesn’t feel it when I’m doing it, as it’s so quick to do.

How do you layer your skincare?  

I tend to go from lightest to heaviest and I love any extra tips you gain from asking others there routine. 

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

Look at the colour of the #Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask 60G - Sand Sky  I can’t wait to try this. 

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

@Ni1 I know @NadineBaggott always says lightest to heaviest. Your routine sounds amazingly fab. I also love masking and also hate peel off masks I want that serum to sink in. Exception to peel off is Dr Jart Firming Rubber mask. My skin was super plumped and bouncy afterwards I was impressed. 

Ni1
Getting Lippy

@kj_lovinbeauty

i found the dr Jart rubber hydration masks so good I then purchased the rubber firming masks.

Fabulous masks, definitely my new favourite along with the Elemis plumping pillow mask and the omorovicza midnight Radience mask. 

Ive just started using the Lucia magnani skincare range with  filorga ntcf essence and the crystal clear lifting & contour wands they’re  also amazing ( anything to hold back time lol ) it’s as well my routine is extra as it would take a person with a normal routine years to get through my stock of cleansers, toners, essences, serums & moisturisers. 

Tho my favourite thing that I just can’t do without is serums, if I had to give everything up but 1 item, that would definitely be a plant stem cell serum. 🍀💫

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

@Ni1 what is the wand like? I love having a shelf of skincare and makeup. It took me until hitting 40 to realise that I’m not going to be a size 8 again but I can have a good choice of skincare and beauty!!