cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Pores.jpg

Enlarged pores can prevent you from creating an even skin tone that we’re all seeking to achieve. Here’s a guide to understanding pores and how to reduce the appearance of pores so you can get a flawless complexion.

First things first, what are pores? In a nutshell, pores play an important part in helping to maintain healthy skin. Pores are tiny openings and you will find these on top of hair follicles and on the skin where the sebum (natural oils) are produced and released onto the skin’s surface to keep it naturally moisturised and protected from dryness. The size of your pores is largely determined by genetics and can also occur more commonly due to environmental factors, ageing, if too much oil is produced and during/after bouts of acne.

You can’t close pores altogether but you can use products that will help to reduce and minimise the look of pores. Here’s a rundown of products that can help plus a few useful tips and tricks.

Estee Lauder Idealist pore minimising skin refinisher serumScreen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.16.31.png

This fast-acting serum dramatically reduces the appearance of pores (one third smaller) for a smooth and virtually poreless complexion. 

Murad Pore Reform range

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.23.30.png

Kiehl’s Precision Lifting & Pore Tightening ConcentrateScreen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.26.16.png

Tightens and reduces pores, lines, wrinkles and re-defines facial contours. 

Lancome Rose Sorbet Cryo Mask Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.29.30.png

Perfect your skin canvas with a fresh touch in 5 minutes with Lancôme's new rose sorbet cryo mask. Formulated with salicylic acid, rose water and sunflower seed oil, helps visibly reduce the appearance of pores, smooth skin texture and illuminate skin tone for instantly glowing skin

Bobbi Brown Skin Clarifier - Pore & oil control Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.59.06.png

Formulated for blemish prone and pore clogged skin, this potent blend of purifying and nutrient rich oils helps balance sebum levels and increase cell turnover to clarify and unclog pores. The result is a more balanced complexion with less shine and fewer visible pores.

Top Tips

• Keep your skin squeaky clean. Cleanse twice a day and always take off make up and dirt from the day.
  • Exfoliate 1-2 times a week. Don’t over exfoliate as this can harm the skin and result in even larger pores and lead to breakouts. Opt for a gentle exfoliator that is kind to the skin.
  • Protect your skin all year round with an SPF. Make SPF part of your daily routine as it safeguards your skin from sun damage and the break down of collagen in turn results in enlarged, saggy pores.
  • Choose moisturisers that are highly hydrating to ensure skin is getting enough moisture. Look out for products that are specially designed for sensitive skin. The term for these is non-comedogenic which means they contain ingredients that don’t clog the pores.
  • Under make up prime the skin with an oil-free mattifying primer that evens out the skintone and minimises the appearance of pores. I highly recommend the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimising Primer, the new Smashbox Oil & Shine Primer and the fan favourite Porefessional by Benefit.
  • Smashbox.jpg

12 Comments
Beauty1
Multimasker

Lancome Rose sorbet mask sounds amazing, texture looks beautiful, colour is so lovely too @SarahS 

Kimbellini
Getting Lippy

I think I need to try the smash box primer I have awful oily skin and loads of pores 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

The Kiehl’s sounds perfect ❤️

ravishingrab
Total Glossip

Very informative 

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

The Estée Lauder serum sounds amazing 💙

Suzy
Beauty Icon

Interesting read thanks

Tarnjit
Multimasker

All these lovely products I just have eyes for the beautiful packaging and the sound of the EL serum 😍 pores be gone! Thanks for the hints and tips @SarahS xoxo

EmaSullivan
Living the Highlight

@SarahS another super useful and informative Skincare School 🙌🏼🙌🏼  these posts 💚

Annmac
Perfectly Primed

Really interesting @SarahS I have only been bothered with large open pores the last few years along with other ageing concerns. Good to see the Lancome Rose Sorbet Cryo Mask mentioned as I bought it this week. I will let you know what I think of it @Beauty1  💕

Shafaqshehzad
Multimasker

I loved this post @SarahS  

considering many products from the post plus some good spf coming home soon Smiley Very Happy

thank you 😊🌸

Ly2009
Winging It

Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Refining is amazing! Definitely recommend as it works & lasts for ages.

@SarahS thanks for a great post x

paularorie66
Winging It

I'm going to try the Smash box primer.. hopefully will help minimise the look f my pores under make up.Fingers crossed!