cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

superfoods.jpg

The foods you eat can help you to look good from the inside out and with an extra dose of goodness in your skincare products by Elemis and Kiehl's, you can enjoy a healthier, brighter and more radiant complexion than ever before. 

Some of the best  superfoods, supergrains, and superfruits that nature provides are rich in antioxidants, omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that are good for your overall health as well as your skin. Here's a list of the ones that we recommend you put on your weekly shopping list. 

Avocado 

Rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin B6 that promotes healthy skin. Also helps to improve cholesterol levels. 

Blueberry 

Packed full of vitamin C that helps to promote collagen production. Also contains powerful anti-oxidants that protects and safeguards skin from free radicals. 

Chia seeds

Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, is a great anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant rich so skin looks more glowing. Is also great for weight loss. 

Dates

Bursting with many different vitamins including B1, B2, B3 B5, A1 and C and can help to improve the signs of fine lines and wrinkles as well as strengthening bones. 

Eggs

A great source of high-quality proteins, vitamins and minerals that improve health. The protein levels help to boost collagen production while zinc in eggs helps to clear the skin. 

Flax seeds 

Full of Omega-3 fatty acids that are a great anti-ager that helps to keep skin looking smooth and hydrated. 

Ginger 

Full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help to soothe irritated skin. 

Honey 

Rich in minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes, and antibacterial properties that help to protect and nourish damaged skin. 

Kale 

This powerful leafy green is a good source of potent rich antioxidants that help to reduce skin inflammation. 

Lentils 

These little lentils are a huge source of vegetable protein, which your body needs for cell growth, maintenance, and repair. 

Mushrooms

We can't get enough of mushrooms as they contain selenium, antioxidants and Vitamin anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe skin conditions like acne and eczema. 

Olives 
Rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that help to nourish, hydrate and protect the skin. Also contains Vitamin E an ingredient that helps to safeguard skin against signs of premature ageing. 

Pomegranate

Super low calorie which is great for aiding with weight loss while the special seeds from Pomegranates help to nourish skin and provide intense hydration. 

Quinoa 
Rich in Vitamin A that helps to stimulate the skin and promote the production of collagen so fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced.  

Raspberries  

Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants raspberries can reduce the signs of ageing including age spots or wrinkles. The antioxidants also help to keep the skin healthy and rejuvenated. 

Salmon

A favourite superfood as recommended by dermatologists, Salmon is a high source of protein, vitamin E and zinc. Helps to improve skin health, texture and get skin glowing again. It's also great for improving hair health. 

Tumeric

One of my faves. Literally, have a shot with milk in the morning and at night to help to make skin look brighter. Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. 

Watermelon   

Full of antioxidants such as vitamin C and A that helps to slow down the signs of ageing. Vitamin A also promotes collagen and elastin cells that helps your skin stay young and supple.

Yoghurt

Yoghurt, in particular, Greek Yogurt is rich in vitamin B to help keep skin glowing and highly hydrated as well as aiding in cell-growth and regeneration. 

Elemis take some of nature's finest ingredients and cleverly combine them with Pre-Biotics - a good bacteria that live on the skin's surface to create a range of superfood products that give your skin that extra boost of health and vitality. 

We highly recommend: Superfood Cica Calm Booster, Superfood AHA Glow Booster, Superfood Facial Oil,  Superfood Kefir Tea MistSuperfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator, Superfood Vital Veggie Mask, Superfood Berry Mask, Superfood Facial Wash

Kiehl's also use superfoods such as turmeric,  avocado, pomegranate and ginger in their specially formulated products so that the goodness of these ingredients can ultimately benefit the condition of your skin. 

We highly recommend: Kiehl's Tumeric and Cranberry Masque, Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal tonerKiehl's daily reviving Concentrate with Ginger Extract

Do you have any favourite skincare tips? Let us know in the comments below! 

21 Comments
Beauty1
Multimasker

I love Elemis , been using the brand for nearly 18-19 years, the superfood blackcurrant exfoliator is so lovely. Heart

Michele82
Multimasker

@SarahS  Sleep well 😴 and eat well 😋, as well as adding those super products to your skincare routine. The 3 together make miracles happen 😍😍😍

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

My tip would be definitely don’t get discouraged when products don’t work for you. 

We are all different and not everyone will achieve the same results. 

makeup-addict
Multimasker

All the foods I should be eating. I’m trying the kiehls avocado eye cream at the moment. 

My tip is try and drink water, it’s something I really need to do as well and I don’t know why it’s so hard to do!

Betty1
Multimasker

@SarahS great article! Beauty really does start from within, a healthy diet and exercise really benefit the skin 💕🙌

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@makeup-addict  I really struggle with water as well 🙈 I used to find it easier when I was buying bottles of water but I hated buying them. I’ve even tried the bottles you can fill with fruit etc I just can’t stick to it 😣

SammyS
Getting Lippy

Love elimis superfoods range- definetly helps to nourish and feed the skin like we do our bodies- it is the biggest organ on us and we need to look after it like it does us Smiley Happy I've also been trying DR Botanicals skin range and also love ARK both full of natural goodness and nutrients into the skin X ❤️❤️

Boss786
Beauty Icon

Oh this is one brand id like to try @SarahS  my tips would be u need a good serum defentily i always tell people when they ask me  you must must use a serum as i know since i started serums and double cleansing my skin is soooo much brighter younger id say .

And spf would wish i could go back to my 20s an used both these products.

But suppose 10 years later in my 30s atlest i started🤣 as they say better late then never🤩😍😍

JennnCore
Multimasker

Ooh my gosh, this is such an amazing reference. Thank you, @SarahS ! 🖤

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

Drink plenty of water 🌸

yvonc30
Getting Lippy

This is a very helpful reference and guide of all the superfoods that I need to know and update my knowledge on, and also definitely need to include more in the foods I eat. Thank you for sharing this.

Lindsay2
Nailing It

Great article @SarahS thanks for sharing. Will definitely make a note of these to add to the shopping list! Something I have discovered lately which has worked a treat for my skin is, if you are struggling to shift stubborn spots, try applying raw honey on them and it really does clear them up quickly, it's the only spot treatment I use now! 

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

@makeup-addict  how does the Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado 30Ml - Kiehls  sit under makeup? 🙏🌟

makeup-addict
Multimasker

@kj_lovinbeautyIt sits under makeup really well, I put it on this morning and left it a minute while I put my moisturiser on and foundation, it soaks in well and my concealer goes over more smoothly 😊💕

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

@makeup-addict  Thanks I’ve been looking at this or wondering if to go back to clinique all about eyes. But I used that 10 years ago and it was a faithful eye cream. I’m tempted to give the Kiehl’s one a go. Thanks for letting me know how it goes on 😀🌟

HannahJo
Multimasker

Love Turmeric for the skin! It's so amazing! Helps reduce inflammation and brighten! X

makeup-addict
Multimasker

@kj_lovinbeauty I haven’t tried Clinique eye cream before. Go to a kiehls counter and ask them about it, when I went to the counter the lady was so friendly and gave me a few different samples. I mentioned kiehls was recommended on here so don’t know if that helped 😉😊

Galara01
Perfectly Primed

@SarahS  Everthing in moderation,  plenty of exercise, fresh air & keep hydrated . Make the most of every day because if you're happy it shows in your face  & theres nothing more attractive than that Smiley Happy

Tarnjit
Multimasker

@SarahSbrilliant blog post! I love these kinds of tips, and silently nodding as I love most of these products on the list and buy them on the regular! xoxo

sannablom
Getting Lippy

What you said about not getting discouraged @SophieG1 is so true yet so hard! Smiley Very Happy I read all these stories how product x worked so well for 'everyone' and when I try it - nothing happens. I've so, so many partly/half used bottles and tubes and whatnot of moisturisers, primers, setting sprays, shampoos, conditioners, hair thickening lotions and potions etc. AND I'm still trying to find The One(s) for me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

donster
Going Pro

Always remove your makeup before bedtime, I have always been really strict with myself and this skincare rule and keep hydrated. 

Superfoods are amazing in skincare.