cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Skincare school.jpg

As we go into the peak summer season it's important to keep your skin highly hydrated so this week we're talking about the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid - and it's not as scary as it sounds - promise! 

It's the ACID bit in Hyaluronic Acid that can scare you but don't worry, in skincare it's perfectly safe and here's why. Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful ingredient that retains up to 1,000 times its weight in water from moisture in the air and also helps to maintain moisture s skin's barrier is strengthened. The result? Intensely hydrated skin helps to target signs of ageing, plumps the complexion, creates a natural and healthy glow, minimises pores and evens out the skintone. It's a wonder ingredient that works all year round to keep hydration levels at its optimum. 

The best bit...Hyaluronic Acid is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. 

Here's a rundown of my favourite Hyaluronic Acid moisturisers and serums and why...

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Face Serum

Infused with 30% Hyaluronic Acid Complex, this hydrating hero is a fir favourite. Provides up to 72 hours of hydration and combines the power of cermaides and anti-oxidant rich Elderberry - all the goodness your skin needs to make it look healthier, radiant, supple and smooth. 

Filorga Hydra-Filler 

With the power of extra-pure hyaluronic acid to intensely replenish the skin, HYDRA-FILLER® combines two effective hyaluronic acids (high molecular weight and micro-fragmented) for a micro-filler effect and visible hydration. This collagen-enriched, gel-balm formula helps to target wrinkles and cracks in the dermis, restoring the skin's role as a barrier, minimising dehydration throughout the day.

Kiehl's Power Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 

In addition to Vitamin C, this anti-ageing serum now includes Hyaluronic Acid. The formula helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles while helping to improve the feel of skins texture. Skin looks radiant and feels smoother.

Estee Laude Advanced Night Repair 

This face serum maximizes the power of skin's natural nighttime renewal with our exclusive ChronoluxCB™ Technology. Also includes anti-oxidants, plus Hyaluronic Acid, nature’s “moisture magnet,” to help lock in moisture.

Elemis Hydra-Balance Day Cream

This ultra light, antioxidant rich day cream provides continuous hydration and helps balance normal to combination skin. Hyaluronic acid locks in essential moisture, whilst meadowsweet extract regulates the appearance of oily skin.

13 Comments
MFBeauty1
Multimasker

I never knew what that acid was for before! It sounds amazing can’t believe it holds 1000x it’s weight in water, it sounds super moisturising 🤩

Michele82
Multimasker

@SarahS  Tks for sharing your favourites. I’ve tried a sample of Kiehl’s and I really liked it. It’s good to know have improved the formula by combining it with hyaluronic acid. 👏🏻☺️💓

Areej
Multimasker

I love any skin care with acid it really improves your skin loads 

SilviaP
Living the Highlight

@SarahS great article!  Good information 😁 I definitely need a product like this. 

Beauty1
Multimasker

Thank you for the informative article @SarahS . 

Tarnjit
Multimasker

Thank you for this read, very informative! Xoxo

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

The Peter Thomas Roth one sounds amazing...anything with drench in the title can't be anything but!  😍  @SarahS 

Mahtab
Winging It

Really good information. Estee lauder night repair serum is my favourite💥

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@SarahS  brilll stuff this hey😎

I use the estee lauder one about 2 years now but find its better in winter for my skin😍😍😍

Anniie
Multimasker

@SarahS definitely people get scared but its such an important step and you see great results  💕

Hiffi
Winging It

Thanks for sharing 💎

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

Thanks for the info @SarahS  the Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate 50Ml - Kiehls  sounds fab vitamin c is fab I have the ordinary powder vitamin c and I mix a spoonful with certain skincare items/cleansers. I’ve noticed a massive using vitamin c

Juta
Getting Lippy

my sister loves Hydra Filler Mat Perfecting Moisturiser 50Ml - . - Filorga . As she doesn't live in the UK that's what she asks me to buy from Debenhams;-)