cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

main image.jpg

As well as moisturisers and creams with SPF it’s important to give your skin that extra protection it needs with your make up. The world of suncare has rapidly grown and you can now find foundations, tinted moisturisers and multi-purpose BB and CC Creams with SPF to safeguarded your skin all year round while giving you the coverage you desire.

Why do we use SPF?
UV radiation is one of the main factors that cause skin to age. Melanocytes- melanin-producing cells—begin to burn out when you reach your late thirties and forties, making it more difficult for your skin to fight sun damage.

Everyday living also exposes your skin to a variety of pollutants and free radicals that can cause wrinkles, bumps, irritation and inflammation. Therefore, it’s important to use SPF products that protect the face and body to keep it looking younger and healthier for longer. Remember the higher SPF number, the stronger the protection.

Tinted Moisturisers
Tinted moisturisers are great for the summer. They are packed with powerful skincare benefits while the lightweight hydrating texture covers imperfections and leaves a non-cakey coverage that is radiant and natural.

We recommend: NARS Pure Radiant SPF30 Tinted Moisturiser, Clarins Restorative SPF20 Tinted Cream, Clinique Moisture Surge SPF25 Sheertint Hydrator, Ultra Sun Tinted Moisturising Anti-ageing SPF50 Sun Protection Face Gel

SPF Foundations
To give your skin double protection against harmful rays apply an SPF Foundation over your SPF Moisturiser. You may think that SPF infused foundations are heavy on the skin and not easily blendable but trust us, the brands you know and love have created lightweight formulations to accommodate your preferred make up choices. So, whether it’s a cream, powder or liquid foundation, you can find the perfect formula and texture in an array of finishes along with all the protection your skin needs.

We recommend: bareMinerals Bareskin SPF20 Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, Tom Ford Soleil Glow Tone Up SPF45 Hydrating Cushion Foundation, Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-ageing Liquid Foundation SPF30, Shiseido Protective SPF30 Stick Foundation, Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum SPF35 Liquid Foundation, Armani Power Fabric SPF25 Liquid Foundation,  Dior Forever SPF35 Liquid Foundation

Multi-purpose BB & CC Creams
BB stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm, a formula that comes from Germany where dermatologists prescribe it to heal laser skin surgery because of its soothing and skin-regenerating properties. Since then famous South Korean actresses began using it for beauty purposes and the craze soon spread worldwide. Now most of your favourite brands have started to use the formula in foundations and moisturisers to create all-in-one products that combine skin care with coverage, protection and hydration whilst delivering a flawless complexion.

CC Cream stands for Colour Control, Complexion Corrector or Colour Corrector. They still contain the same skincare properties as BB creams such as SPF protection, hydration and coverage but with the added benefit of colour correcting technology to balance your complexion and make red, dull or grey skin appear even-toned, brighter and healthier.

We recommend: Smashbox Camera Ready Broad Spectrum SPF35 BB Cream, Estee Lauder Revitalising Supreme SPF10 CC Cream, Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF50 CC Cream, YSL BB Peerfecteur De Teint SPF25 Skin Tone Perfector

SPF Primers 

If you haven't yet started using a Primer, I highly recommend a Primer as your next beauty must-have. Primers are a multi-purpose product that helps to smooth your complexion, corrects colour, blurs blemishes and imperfections, add radiance and gives make up a better finish and longer staying power. If you pick one with SPF then you can also add 'safeguards and protects skin from everyday environmental aggressors' to the long list of skincare and make up benefits. Apply a primer under an SPF moisturiser to get double the action. 

We recommend: Estee Lauder Double Wear SPF 45 Flawless Hydrating Face Primer, NARS Smooth & Protect SPF30 Primer

6 Comments
Rabia
High Brow

@SarahS  thanks for such great info... I am looking for everyday use cream that have spf50 plus moisturiser plus a bit of foundation touch...  have dry dull skin..I don't use makup on daily basis but go out everyday to pick n drop kids or grocery so looking for something that makes skin look smoother and even 🥰😍

Thank you

HannahJo
Multimasker

I ❤ SPF everything! I never used to even think about it, but now it's definietly a must have when I'm deciding on a product!

Leannekw
Multimasker

Thanks for all the info! Want to try the ultra sun tinted moisturiser sounds good

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

Thanks for sharing was a great interesting read 💡😁

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@SarahS 

Another in depth, interesting and informative blog. Thanks😊

Tarnjit
Multimasker

I learnt the hard with, but now I always always always have spf moisturisers and spf in foundation is always a big plus!! Xoxo