cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What make up removers do you use?

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

I've recently gone through a tub of Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 125Ml - Clinique and my #Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes Lips - Clinique is almost finished too. I'd probably pick one of these again soon as I'm pretty happy with both.

I do want to hear what everyone else's favourites are, persuade me to try something else! Smiley Very Happy I normally prefer oil removers or balms (as you can see from my favourites) Heart I was considering maybe trying the Body Shop chamomile balm as it is said to be similar to the TTDO but I'm not sure!

p.s. Not too sure if this should be in skincare or makeup sorry!

34 REPLIES 34

Re: What make up removers do you use?

Julia
Beauty Icon

I use the same as you as I love clinique I keep trying new things and then go back to clinique  after that I use the Pep-Start 2-In-1 Exfoliating Cleanser 125Ml - Clinique   and I love how clean my face is after 😍

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

We're similar! My favourite to use after is Pep-Start™ Double Bubble Purifying Mask 50Ml - Clinique, the bubbles popping is quite a feeling lol Smiley Very Happy.

I'm struggling to find anything else in that price range that has as good reviews as the TTDO line. Woman Very Happy

Highlighted

Emilyr1439
Winging It

Clinique's Take the Day Off is amazing! It removes makeup so, so well!

A few others I use and love are:

Garnier's Micellar Water - You just can't go wrong with this, it's cheap and it works so well at removing makeup and cleansing the skin gently. I usually follow this with a mild cleanser like the Clinique face wash No.2 or just one by Simple.

I also really like Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean cleanser. After massaging it into the skin and using a nice cloth and some warm water to wipe away makeup, your skin feels so smooth and clean. I also use it as a face mask sometimes just to give my skin a nice cleanse and boost of radiance!

If you're looking to splurge a bit, I'd definitely recommend trying Emma Hardie's Cleansing Balm (you can get a set that comes with a lovely muslin cloth that works wonders for the skin alongside the product). It makes your skin look and feel amazing, so I'd definitely give it a go or perhaps find a travel size pot for you to try before buying!

MiaL
Multimasker

I use either Superdrug’s own brand micellar water or oil makeup remover, then I cleanse with Emma Hardie’s Moringa Cleansing Balm or Pixi’s Cleansing Balm, but I’m not all that happy with the latter so I think I’m going to try Pixi x Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse instead. I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve heard great things about the Elemis cleansing balm. Oh, I also have a Paula’s Choice Redness Relief cream cleanser which I did really like, I just don’t use it that much anymore after buying the Emma Hardie Moringa balm.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Emilyr1439 I haven't even thought to check out Soap&Glory and I love their products! I'll make sure to go give it a sniff today to see if I like it lol Smiley Very Happy.

@MiaL Which superdrug oil makeup remover, is it the vitamin E one? I've used the hot cloth cleanser and while alright it wasn't anything special. I've had my eyes on Elemis as well, love their skincare but I can't bring myself to spend so much on it when I have something working well already, maybe one day for a treat Smiley Wink.

I see both of you recommend Emma Hardie (oh and how much I love how moringa smells!) so I'll keep an eye out for good offers, price is definitely a bit too steep, I prefer splurging on creams and serums instead! Smiley Very Happy Heart

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Personally, I don't use a separate makeup remover (apart from an eye one if I've had eye make up on), and just use a cleanser.  It always gets it all off, and then I wipe over with a toner just to make sure. 

When I used Estée Lauder DW, I did wipe over with a micella water first though.  

I used to to have the body shop cleanser, and it is very similar to the Clinique one.  Maybe worth a try though, as from what I remember, it smells lovely and felt gentle on my skin, and I assume it'll be cheaper too?  So if it does just as good a job, then win win!  @Pineapple 

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

A product I use specifically just to remove makeup is the Garnier Micellar Gel Wash, haven’t tried anything like it and it literally melts my makeup off as soon as it touches the skin 👌🏼

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

The Garnier Micella water is the one I have too @sfbeautyxo  😊

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

The micellar water is amazing but I have to say I prefer the gel wash version 👌🏼