cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skincare for combination skin

Carys96
Beauty Crush

Hi lovelies!

Long time no speak! It’s been a while since I’ve been on here! 

I’m looking for some major skincare tips/advice! 

My skin is awful at the minute! Awful dry patches on cheek, brow bones and a patch under my bottom lip. Oily t zone and breakouts on my forehead and next to my brows. Such a mess! My skin is also quite sensitive. I’m beginning to think that I’m never going to find products that are suitable for my awful combination skin!

Would greatly appreciate any advice on what I can do to get my skin back on track and any products that will be good for me!

Thanks in advance 💕

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Skincare for combination skin

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@Carys96  hey lovely not great when skin plays havoc😐

Ok can you just say whats your routine atm

Are you using a serum ?

Mouistrizer?

Any hydrating mouisture masks

Cleansers?

And exfoliantion?

Night cream ir serum?

As these are important steps for dry skin

Let me know il try help lovely an what brands you tend to use as you have stated you have sensitive skin😘

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

It sounds like your skin could be really dehydrated atm?  @Carys96  Mine was the same not so long back, because when it's dehydrated its dry in parts but also produces more oil in others.  It's over producing oil to try and help compensate for the lack of moisture in the skin. 

I'd recommend to introduct a serum under your moisturiser (if you don't already) and maybe an oil at night too.  It may seem like a weird thing to do for combination skin, but believe me, the oil really helps balance out your skin.  

Hope theres something there that can help you and that it sorts itself out soon!  😊

Anniie
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 Hey gorgeous x

I have just had tge same issue, i have normal comb skin, and these are the things iv done and now my skin is nice and hydrated x

i would say start with minimum so that ur skin can get used to the steps.

Am

Gentle face wash

cleans and tone

a good face cream 

sunscreen

pm

Face wash

cleanse and tone

eyecream 

facial oil(i use the marula oil amazing!) or Clinique moisture surge is amazing! To give back that hydration.

a good night cream.

and exfoliate every 2 days x

9DF3A028-4B03-473F-A545-22CD632AE12B.jpeg

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@Carys96  Hope you manage to find something that works. 

Adding a spray toner and night cream has really upped my skin care recently. 

Have you ever tried the Murad exfoliate? 

If you have a counter near you they are usually quite good with samples it may help to balance the skin out. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeey, haven't seen you around in a long time, hope you're well! Smiley Happy

I'd say pop into Origins and have a look at what they offer, I love the Ginzeng gel moisturiser, it moisturises my skin without making me extra oily, I love it. Their new mushroom relief cream is amazing too, and would probably be perfect for your irritated skin.

Like @DJMcCumiskey said you are likely very dehydrated and a good dose of Hyalyronic Acid would be great! I think Vichy have a really good HA serum.

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Boss786  It’s so awful! It’s worse because obviously everyone can see your face so it’s not like you can hide it! Below is my skin routine.

AM

The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish

On dry patches I put Child’s Farm Baby Moisturiser

Then Kiehls Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream 

PM

The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish

Mario Badescu Dry Lotion on break out areas

On dry patches I put Child’s Farm Baby Moisturiser

Then Kiehls Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream 

Currently use no serum, masks etc because I’m too scared to buy products due to my sensitive and problematic skin 😩

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Anniie  Thank you!!

Are there any other specific brands/products you have found that are good? x

Highlighted

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey Thank you! Lots of lovely ladies hopefully helping me! x

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@SophieG1 Hopefully!!

No I haven’t! That’s the thing! Just think I need to try samples to see how they work rather than diving straight in 😂😩 x