cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin Analysis

sezbennett
Winging It

Called to the Elemis counter, where they have a fantastic machine that photographs your skin, and looks at your skins layers.  Mine shows lots of dark spots and pigmentation.  Probably from the 1980's when we didn't really use sun cream!  Other than that my skin looks ok (for my age).  What skincare/make up advice would you give to your teenage self?  Mine is definitely to wear SPF everyday.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Skin Analysis

Shirls
Fresh Face

I also suffer from sunspots/pigmentation and I’m interested to know if they sell cream to reduce this 

I started with it 17 years ago and used Ester Lauder illuminater in 2011 that reduced it but when I bought my second it done nothing , I think they have discontinued it now , I’ve also tried the Clinique one and no joy 

I use factor 50 ever day and still get more sun spots 

I won’t go out without foundation on now it’s that bad 

Einstein
Getting Lippy

Ooooh did you have to book an appointment or buy any products to use the machine?

I have been desperate for one of those scanners.

Do they show you the image or is it a person looking at your skin then explaining what they saw?

Highlighted

sezbennett
Winging It

I didn't have to book an appointment.  I saw they had a machine, asked what it did, and was offered to have a go there and then.  I think the machine will move to other stores, so hopefully it will come to your local store.

The camera takes photo of you side on, and front face.  it then takes a few seconds for the machine to look at your skin layers.  It looks at your wrinkles, spots, pigmentation and hydration.  They can look at you with make up on, and also on cleansed skin.  The Elemis lady was lovely, and although I felt embarrassed at the level of pigmentation, she was complimentary about other elements of my skin and skincare routine.

Whilst she didn't try to sell me any products, she made a recommendation of Daily Defense SPF 30, but also mentioned other brands in store.

Hope you get to have a go soon.  xxx

sezbennett
Winging It

I've used Clinique even better brown spot cream before, but not for a few years.  (It was expensive and I didn't feel it was really doing anything).  As soon as my skin sees the sun, the pigmentation appears, and my skin is brown and patchy.

I also wear foundation every day.  I love Bare Minerals, and wear complexion rescue or Bare Skin.  I find Bare Pro is too full coverage and I can't hide all my freckles and brown spots.

Really wish there was a product that would help remove the pigmentation from the layers rather than the surface of my skin.

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

I had this done a while ago and it was scary to see the pigmentation on my skin. I was a very spotty teenager and have suffered from acne on and off for years. I would tell myself not to pick spots and not to over cleanse. I didn't realise by using clearasil and Clinique skincare later in years stripped my skin of natural oils and made me even more spotty!!!!

Einstein
Getting Lippy

@sezbennett

Thank you so much!

Which store did you visit?

I am impatient and want to try it now (before it spreads to other stores)

Smiley Happy

sezbennett
Winging It

Visited Chelmsford Store.  Not sure when it moves on.   xxx

Einstein
Getting Lippy

Thank you!

Much too far for me, sadly.

Hopefully the machine spreads.